Becca The One Perfecting Brush

3.7

on 10/11/2017 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The worst brush, EVER!!
The price is expensive- the brush’s hair is rough and keep falling out - it’s so full of dissapointment regarding to a big cosmetic’s big name

on 11/21/2016 1:58:00 AM

Complete waste of money--despite time and numerous cleanings, this thing shedded all over my face--just what you want go deal with early in the morning before work! What is more, it took an eternity to dry, and finally grew mildew before I gave up and threw it in the trash. Sick about the waste in the environment as well as the waste of money.

on 4/26/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have such mixed feelings about this brush. For one, it was totally an impulse buy (a fifty freaking dollars impulse buy, yes) but the seller at Sepgora totally sold me the line about it. Which is not to say she said anything false, or that it is not a great brush - it totally is. I just never seem to reach for it when I'm doing my makeup, and I've had it for a couple of years.
It is soft. It has great built quality. It blends very nicely - I usually use it for powder foundations (when I remember I have it, that is). You can really apply one makeup product on top of another and it won't affect the result. It's just... I don't know. I like having a bunch of brushes, why I thought it would be good to own one that's supposed to serve for a lot of purposes, I'll never know.
I'm thinking it would be great for contouring, because of its shape, but that's just not my thing.
So yeah, I won't repurchase - but then again, I'm pretty sure I'll still have it when I die of old age.

I usually have a really hard time contouring without creating any harsh and unnatural lines, but this brush did an AMAZING job with that. It cut my contouring time in half and my face looks really smooth and even. Although this brush is suppose to be used for everything, I wouldn't mix foundations and powders with it. As for contouring and highlighting, I've never been more satisfied with the outcome.

on 2/11/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

It took me a while to find a a handy use for this brush. I bought it on a whim because I'm a sucker for rose gold anything... and here in front of me was this rose gold looking brush that fascinated me so much.
Let me start of saying that this brush dries for what seems like an eternity. They recommend not to spray with alcohol cleaners so I opted to wash it once every two weeks. You have to be so careful when washing the brush because if you leave it horizontally flat to dry the water will most likely weaken the glue and that's what causes the shedding (predominantly). Ideally, the brush should be on a diagonal angle facing down without the hairs touching anything so as to not misshape the brush. I know I'm being pedantic but it's the only way I found to avoid the shedding of the hairs.

As for the use of the brush, haven't used it for liquids (it's just too fibrous for liquids) so I haven't risked it. I tried it for highlighting - didn't like it, too big. The only use I found for it was contouring my cheeks... which I can guarantee can be done with a smaller, better, cheaper brush (like literally every other brush on the market.)

on 10/8/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This brush is so soft and picks up the right amount of product, blends everything perfectly, I just love using it for literally everything. I can put primer, foundation, bronzer, blush, highlighter, contouring powder but you know you gotta clean it in between uses, I would get another one if it wasn't SO expensive

on 3/27/2015 7:18:00 PM

The bristles on The One brush by BECCA are exactly the same as the Rae Morris Radiance brush at half the cost of the Morris one.

This brush will apply any kind of foundation and make it look like skin. It buffs the foundation, whether liquid, cream or powder, onto the skin for a flawless finish. If you have a drawer full of foundation that you aren't happy with because of the way it looks on the skin, chances are you will be happy with it when you use the One brush to apply it.

There is a bit of shedding when you first start using it, but this is typical of natural hair brushes. It washes easily with a good shampoo. I wrap a rubber band around the handle to hang it upside down to dry.

on 8/10/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I must have received a dud brush because The One Perfecting Brush has been a complete nightmare for me. I have never experienced this much shedding with any brush I've tried or any brush I own. I can say that the brush is very soft and very dense - which I love! But after applying foundation, blush, face powder or ANYTHING, I was left with so many brush hairs all over my face. It was crazy!

I have had this brush for one week and now it is time for us to go our separate ways. This thing is going back. Its just too annoying with all the shedding it does. However, it seems that others have had much better luck with this brush than I've had, so maybe this was just bad luck for me. On a positive note, I can say that the brush does apply foundation nicely - my foundation looked nice after I removed all the shedding hairs from my face. Also, I think the brush is kind of cute in spite of its odd shape. Oh, and it bears repeating that this brush is very soft and dense. I love the way it feels. I had high hopes for this brush, but I guess this relationship wasn't meant to be. Back it goes!!

on 3/15/2015 5:00:00 PM

I'm still getting used to this big brush. I don't think it's going to be the replacement for all other brushes, yet I am really glad I bought it, and feel sure I'll use it a lot. I don't think it's perfect for everything, for example, swiping loose powder over a liquidy, silicone type foundation (such as Bare Minerals/Escentuals), the powder seemed to stick to the foundation rather than give a soft powdery veil. A separate powder brush was better. I think the Real Techniques buffer brush is also excellent at multi-tasking. This Becca brush and the Real Techniques buffer are now my two favourite brushes. Oh, and how could I forget my Elizabeth Arden face powder/bronzer brush which I always use together with Arden's loose powder bronzer.

Love love this brush :) only had a few bristles shed from the brush so not too bad. I did think that the products sat just on the top of the brush but they have sank further down so will be deep cleaning soon!!. Love how i can use a number of products with this. Fantastic brush excellent for foundation x

Popular Makeup Brushes