The Body Shop Honeymania Shower Gel

The Body Shop Honeymania Shower Gel

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/13/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A sweet-smelling, hydrating shower gel for general everyday use. Skin always feels great after use. It's a real shame TBS has discontinued the Honeymania range. I'm a big fan of the shower gel, bath melt and the exfoliator. I use this when I'm not feeling flush enough to splash out on more expensive shower oils. TBS *always* has skincare deals and coupons so it's rare to ever pay full price for products (excl. new lines). If you're canny and do a big shop using points/coupons/2 for 1 deals you can come out TBS with about 6 months' worth of products for a fraction of the RRP.

I was very suprised by the scent of the Body Shop's Honeymania range. It does not smell purely of honey, and it is not particularly gourmand or sweet. It is actually quite a floral scent, like flowers drenched in honey. It maintains the sweetness of the honey though, which is important in a product named Honeymania! This shower gel is quite thick, so a little goes a long way. It lathers up easily and does not dry out your skin. The honey in it is actually quite hydrating. The scent lingers on your skin once you are out of the shower, which is always a plus. I find that it goes very well with the Body Shop's Coconut Body Mist and Body Butter. I really like this shower gel and would repurchase.

on 3/17/2016 10:36:00 PM

Smells good and produces lots of lather. It feels a bit drying on my skin though.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't describe this scent but, I can say it is very comforting! I guess you could say floral like others have stated. I recommend this shower gel.

on 7/26/2014 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this scent! It isn't like the normal honey scent, it is more flowery but it's all good. When lathering onto skin, the scent is quite strong. This may be my new fave shower gel.

on 3/30/2014 9:33:00 AM

I have to smell everything before I buy it, and I mean everything! With that said this smells incredible. It's a very honey/floral scent, to me very comforting. I prefer body shop before Bath and Body Work, I find that all their showers are more moisturizing and lovely natural scented compared to BBW. I use this body wash with the body butter and it's wonderful you don't even need perfume...it last all day and fades very nicely. I highly recommend this shower wash, will be telling my friends too!

on 3/26/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love the scent!! It's a very subtle sweet smell, but lingers for a while after you get out if the shower. It lathers a lot as well, and you only need a bit of the product when you shower.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

t first I was a little bit cautious because its honey scented and I wasn't quite sure how it's going to smell during hot summer days, as honey tends to be a bit heavy. To my surprise it smells very pleasant, freshly sweet and not heavy at all. The scent is not strikingly "honey", you know?
Apart from that the texture is smooth, clear and leaves the skin clean but not too dry. I guess the honey is a natural humectant so it keeps skin supple and hydrated after drying. Love this one, love how it smells and I would be buying it again! :)

on 12/31/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really enjoy the scent of this. It doesn't smell like honey to me at all. A friend of mine smelled this and said it was like high class cocktails and perfume. I'd say that's pretty accurate, it's a really classy scent. I really enjoy TBS shower gels for their unique scents (at least in NZ nothing that you buy at the supermarket comes close). And I always get them on sale (this was buy one get one half off, plus I had a $10 reward voucher).

Would buy again (on sale), and as someone else pointed out, as long as there wasn't a new scent to try.

on 11/30/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this shower gel for $8. For the size of the bottle - 200ml - that's not such a great deal. I am however very pleased with this product. It's easily my favorite TBS product. The scent is very floral with a hint of honey. The gel itself looks exactly like a slightly too orange liquid honey. The gel lathers richly so you only require a little at a time. It rinses easily and cleans without leaving your skin feeling dry or itchy. The scent it leaves behind is very subtle and almost sweet, though that dissipates after a few minutes out of the shower. I have notoriously dry and sensitive skin. So far this shower gel isn't causing me any breakouts! The plastic bottle is also mercifully a little less stiff than the Coconut Shower Cream line, making the product very easy to get out of the bottle.