E.L.F. Acne Fighting Foundation

3.7

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5% Inactive Ingredient: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crossploymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Talc, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-18 Benonite, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark oil, Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Jiuce, Hexapeptide-9, Hamamelis Birginiana (Witch Hazel) May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxid

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Fantastic for mild acnee and redness. It sits nicely on the skin, covering 99% of the imperfections and it lasts as much as a foundation is expected to last (up to 6/7 hours). It does need some touch ups during the day, but for this price, it's a bargain! I got a shade lighter than my usual one, but it didn't make my skin look like a mask which tends to happen with most foundations, Also, it has a pleasant minty fragnance to it, which i consider a bonus.

This is actually one of my favorite foundations. it is full coverage and sits well on the skin. it has a semi matte finish. i am normal to dry and acne prone. i dont find that it helps my acne but it doesnt cause me to break out either. i mix porcelain and buff to get my summer color and then i use just porcelain in the winter. i repurchased this foundation 3 times already

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm really into high end products and this works great. It pretty much lasts all day. My only complaint is that it gets REALLY matte and can come off cakey on accident. You really don't need to set it with a powder. It is very long lasting and won't break you out, thats for sure. No worries on that. I am very in love with the price as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a high coverage foundation for acne prone skin, which I have. It looks great for a few hours then starts settling into fine lines and starts looking greasy. Great for running errands.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. When I first apply it on my face, it looks flawless. It has medium-full coverage and a natural matte finish. Wow. However, an hour or so after it creases into my smile lines and starts to wear off on my skin. It also feels incredibly sticky which can be irritating to feel. The foundation just doesn't hold for very long and left me feeling very 'meh' about it. Maybe my skin is too oily for it but still I expected better. It is overall a mediocre foundation for me. It also has a very limited colour selection and most of the shades run quiet cool tone which doesn't suit my skin very well. In addition, it claims to have acne fighting properties - I cannot attest to that as I did not see my skin improve after using, plus, it seems a bit gimmicky for a foundation to claim it can fight acne. I will say however, it is incredibly cheap and the packaging is very simple and practical to use.

I have Combo skin.
Dry patches around my nose. Oil on my nose. and normal else wear.
When i first applied this. it look Flawless! Abit sticky. so i recommend a light dusting of powder.
A couple of hours, around the 5 hour (in a Cool environment) i realised i had to powder.

What i do is. i applied a thin layer of Loreal Pro Matte thats normally too drying for my skin. as a base coat.
and then applied the elf foundation on top. That way loreal absorbs the oil. and the elf provide the coverage and finish.
Does not look cake whatever.

Will i purchase this again? Probably not. do i hate it? no.
Its just a Okay foundation for running errands.

This quickly became my everyday foundation. I debated between getting it or not, and decided I didn't need another foundation and also because I hated clinique's anti acne foundation. I saw Emily noel mention it and say she actually really liked it. I had bad acne in the past but (knock on wood) it's calmed down now and I just get breakouts here and there. Usually a lone pimple, though. Not clusters. They are usually on my cheeks/near my mouth. My main concern is skin texture and pores. She did state in her video that she didn't necessarily think this was going to clean up your acne but the ingredients weren't anything that would necessarily be bad sitting on your face, either. I happened to be at Target and saw this for $6 so I picked it up in beige. This was in the fall, and 1 bottle lasted me a few months. I bought another one maybe a month or two ago. It's thick, so a little goes a long way! I honestly don't even remember what I was using as my everyday foundation before I got this, I think maybe Revlon color stay which I do love as well but idk I just really like this It can look a little orange when I first put it on but once I add powder and it settles, it matches fine for me. I can also add a bit of my Nyx pro foundation mixer if I need it a little darker if i've been tanning a lot. I haven't been doing this lately, though, because it's winter so i'm paler(obviously) and i've cut back how much I go to the tanning salon. I wouldn't say this makes my skin looks absolutely flawless or anything, but for everyday wear it lasts all day and covers enough. Also, like I said, it's $6 and a little goes a long way so if you're on a budget this may be a good choice. I usually apply this with a BB but it worked fine with an oval brush, too. It can get cakey if you apply too much so be careful. I also don't think it's really a healing agent for acne but it's one of those things I feel good about putting on my face. I don't think any foundation is really going to make my skin look flawless, it's all about getting the right products for your skin and working on that, which i'm currently doing. I bought the WNW photo focus foundation after so many good reviews and want to try that for everyday work makeup because it's equally as cheap but will still always keep a bottle of this around, especially if I end up hating the photo focus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

THIS BROKE ME OUT LIKE MOTHERFUCKING CRAZY I SERIOUSLY HATE LIFE RIGHT NOW I HAVE ZITS EVERYWHERE I SWEAR I AM NOT EXAGERATING

Covers EVERYTHING really well, but only lasts for a few hours. Probably wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another cheap foundation that doesn't do what is says. This broke me out slightly, and IT OXIDIZED LIKE CRAZY. It looks ORANGE after 30 seconds of application, I don't understand why it is like that. However I will give it 2 lipsticks because there was actually a time I liked this, and it is the only foundation that doesn't make me look extra red after I get it off my face