E.L.F. Acne Fighting Foundation

3.8

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5% Inactive Ingredient: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crossploymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Talc, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-18 Benonite, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark oil, Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Jiuce, Hexapeptide-9, Hamamelis Birginiana (Witch Hazel) May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxid

LIFE SAVERRRRRR!!!! This is the most perfect foundation i've ever tried in my whole life time. The coverage is seriously the 💣. Im using less concealer to cover up now, only depending on the coverage this foundation gives. I've tried many type of foundation from drugstore to high end, just name it. NARS to Too faced, nothing beats this foundation. Love love love how it doesnt break me out!!! I dont break out for almost 2 weeks( which is rare for me) im using this everyday and i can tell the difference on my skin, better than before. Will definitely repurchase soon, i dont want to run out of this bad boy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this foundation when I was a broke student and when I had some acne going on.

This foundation doesn't help w acne, but it doesn't aggravate it either. It has good coverage too so that's another plus.

The problem that I have w this foundation (and some other drugstore foundations) is that it has limited colour selection and the one that's closest to my shade has a red undertone. The foundation also looks very unnatural on the skin. I can't believe I wore this for my graduation photoshoot-- It looks terrible on camera, enough said.

Then again this is a very cheap foundation, so don't expect too much from it other than providing good coverage. Definitely not repurchasing it ever!

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

I have this in the shade porcelain. It's a tad too pink for my NC 20 skin but I had to guess my shade since I had to order it online. I haven't been able to find this in stores but it's worth ordering online. I believe it is $5 or $6. It's full coverage with a matte finish. It's very thick so if you over apply it will look cakey. I apply it with a beauty blender for the best finish. I don't know about the acne fighting properties but it doesn't irritate my acne prone skin. I wouldn't say it's long lasting but it doesn't claim to be. I like the packaging also as it has a squeeze top so you can control how much comes out. Next time I'm going to order another shade but overall I'm very pleased with it and will be repurchasing.

This is a nice FULL coverage foundation. I definitely use this on days when my skin isn't looking so great or I want extra coverage. It says it's "acne fighting" but I'm honestly not so sure of those benefits. I didn't notice any more or less breakouts when using it--I don't get too many breakouts anyway but a pimple or two here and there. I am just glad that it did not dry my skin out like many "acne fighting" products.

I find it applies best with a beauty blender/sponge. It works ok with a brush but because it's so thick, the sponge is best for even application. It can get a little cakey around the nose/forehead if not blended out and set with powder and setting spray. I wear glasses, so it would get caked up on my glasses but most foundations do. Not a dealbreaker.

The packaging is fine. I like the squeeze bottle/narrow tip but the bottle is not transparent so it's hard to tell how much product is in there. That said, a little goes a long way so it lasted me quite awhile. And there's no beating the price with e.l.f.!

I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation since I first began wearing foundation years and years ago! I have spent as much as 60-70$ on high end foundations, and nothing compares to this foundation!

I have combination skin, sometimes break out. I used to have terribly acne prone skin, so I have a little bit of scarring/ discoloration on my chin. This foundation feels SO lightweight and covers EVERYTHING. And lasts all day! It is a beautiful finish, not shiny nor matte, the perfect in between, and will stay in place so well. I am in love. It is my holy grail. I bought this the same day I bought Anastasia Beverly Hill stick foundation and I want to throw the ABH stick foundation in the trash. Nothing beats the price, coverage or finish of the E.L.F. foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It says acne fightin but it actually made me break out right before school started so I'm going to be starting my freshman year of high school with a face full of zits. The coverage was alright not great but not terrible either. Like I said the coverage was ok and it made me break out so idk if I'd buy it again.

This foundation is amazing. I've tried other elf foundations/bb creams and have not been impressed. I expected little to no coverage and was so surprise.
The first time I used this I squeezed a bit onto my hand and applied it with a beauty blender and I had a good amount leftover on my hand after I'd built up coverage. My tip is to use a beauty blender/similar sponge to apply rather than a brush.
Another great thing about this product is how well it stands up in heat. I move furniture as part of my job and it's been in the 90's all week and my makeup has lasted all day. I think using a primer has aided in that as well but I was still very impressed.
Hasn't broken me out at all, I think the witch hazel and tea tree are the reason.
Good stuff, poor shade selection.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is oily and sometimes I got acne... this is the only foundation that didn't break me out
I am NC20 and in the shade Porcelain which is a little too white for me but I do like it! The BUFF one will oxidize in the end of the day and makes me look ashy ...

A first, I got the BEIGE one , it makes me look so ugly. lol . If u got problem with the shade!! please keep on trying! cuz I was once hate this foundie but... when I tried more and more they turns out AAMAAAZINNNGG!!

I loveeeee this foundation soo much! my best, this far....
Remember to spend more time blending and blending, cuz the consistency is a bit liquidy , sometimes I mixed it with the setting spray so that I got easier blending

Buildable (if you choose your exact shade) but because I choose 1 shade lighter, I couldn't layer it too much
They got medium coverage which is good, all my redness and big pores are gone , but somewhat my acne scars are still there so I do need good concealer to cover up.

They also erase my undereyes! I got baddddd panda eyes, and this foundation isss so helpful , eventhough I still need more concealers above it !

loveee..lovee...

This baby is not all matte, but more like "between" dewy and matte... just soo perfect for me.
If I want too look more "matte" I just take my ELF Setting Spray & Rimmel Matte Powder to set them so they look matte throughout the day!!! They smel like herbal aloe and tea-tree!!! V niceee!!!!!!!!!!

SOOO MUCHHH :LOVE!!!!

PS : I don/t always rate 5 stars but this is just out of my expectation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation. I loved the packaging, price, consistency, staying power, etc. But even the lightest shade is 2-3 shades too dark for my very fair skin :( I wore it around the house while I cleaned. I got sweaty and blotted my face several times and by the end it still looked as if I had just applied it, which is why I'm so upset that it's too dark for me. If they come out with a more varied shade range I will purchase again but until then I am unable to wear this outside of my home

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually like this product. It's pretty light weight, it isn't sticky as some foundations are. It can get a bit dry and cakey on my drier spots (I have moderate acne but since I'm on medication like benzoylperoxid my skin gets dry and flakey sometimes) but otherwise it looks good. The smell is noting bad - it just smells a bit minty. My problem is though that this is way too dark for me. Even when I blend it it's too dark for my skin so I can't use it :( (I have the lightest shade, of course). I also find that the shade is very red-ish. Didn't do anything to remove my acne. It's a really good foundation if it matches your skin color though!