E.L.F. Acne Fighting Foundation

3.8

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5% Inactive Ingredient: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crossploymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Talc, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-18 Benonite, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark oil, Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Jiuce, Hexapeptide-9, Hamamelis Birginiana (Witch Hazel) May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxid

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It says acne fightin but it actually made me break out right before school started so I'm going to be starting my freshman year of high school with a face full of zits. The coverage was alright not great but not terrible either. Like I said the coverage was ok and it made me break out so idk if I'd buy it again.

This foundation is amazing. I've tried other elf foundations/bb creams and have not been impressed. I expected little to no coverage and was so surprise.
The first time I used this I squeezed a bit onto my hand and applied it with a beauty blender and I had a good amount leftover on my hand after I'd built up coverage. My tip is to use a beauty blender/similar sponge to apply rather than a brush.
Another great thing about this product is how well it stands up in heat. I move furniture as part of my job and it's been in the 90's all week and my makeup has lasted all day. I think using a primer has aided in that as well but I was still very impressed.
Hasn't broken me out at all, I think the witch hazel and tea tree are the reason.
Good stuff, poor shade selection.

To Read all 68 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is oily and sometimes I got acne... this is the only foundation that didn't break me out
I am NC20 and in the shade Porcelain which is a little too white for me but I do like it! The BUFF one will oxidize in the end of the day and makes me look ashy ...

A first, I got the BEIGE one , it makes me look so ugly. lol . If u got problem with the shade!! please keep on trying! cuz I was once hate this foundie but... when I tried more and more they turns out AAMAAAZINNNGG!!

I loveeeee this foundation soo much! my best, this far....
Remember to spend more time blending and blending, cuz the consistency is a bit liquidy , sometimes I mixed it with the setting spray so that I got easier blending

Buildable (if you choose your exact shade) but because I choose 1 shade lighter, I couldn't layer it too much
They got medium coverage which is good, all my redness and big pores are gone , but somewhat my acne scars are still there so I do need good concealer to cover up.

They also erase my undereyes! I got baddddd panda eyes, and this foundation isss so helpful , eventhough I still need more concealers above it !

loveee..lovee...

This baby is not all matte, but more like "between" dewy and matte... just soo perfect for me.
If I want too look more "matte" I just take my ELF Setting Spray & Rimmel Matte Powder to set them so they look matte throughout the day!!! They smel like herbal aloe and tea-tree!!! V niceee!!!!!!!!!!

SOOO MUCHHH :LOVE!!!!

PS : I don/t always rate 5 stars but this is just out of my expectation!

Acne Fighting Foundation in Buff:

👌👌👌👌👌
☺☺☺☺☺
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
My favorite foundation now
Threw away my NARS ones
Love the squeeze bottle
Medium coverage but lightweight
Feels soft and smooth and clean
Durable through heat and yoga workouts
ღ´-♥-`ღ´- ♥ -`ღ´-♥.-ღ´-♥.-ღ´-♥

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation. I loved the packaging, price, consistency, staying power, etc. But even the lightest shade is 2-3 shades too dark for my very fair skin :( I wore it around the house while I cleaned. I got sweaty and blotted my face several times and by the end it still looked as if I had just applied it, which is why I'm so upset that it's too dark for me. If they come out with a more varied shade range I will purchase again but until then I am unable to wear this outside of my home

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually like this product. It's pretty light weight, it isn't sticky as some foundations are. It can get a bit dry and cakey on my drier spots (I have moderate acne but since I'm on medication like benzoylperoxid my skin gets dry and flakey sometimes) but otherwise it looks good. The smell is noting bad - it just smells a bit minty. My problem is though that this is way too dark for me. Even when I blend it it's too dark for my skin so I can't use it :( (I have the lightest shade, of course). I also find that the shade is very red-ish. Didn't do anything to remove my acne. It's a really good foundation if it matches your skin color though!

I so badly wanted this to work for me. Its $6, has great natural ingredients.. HOWEVER... it did not. The fairest shade was WAY too dark for my fair skin, and became oily and didnt cover as I would expect a foundation to. And to top it off my skin broke out in a very disgusting rash for about a week. So... maybe if your skin is not suoer sensitve and you're tan looking for a light-medium coverage this might be your pick. But it didnt not fight my acne as claimed :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing price. The quality is better than what I expected to get for what I paid. It did not make me break out, and kept me matte longer than any of my other foundations. The packaging is a bit inconvenient because instead of a pump or a soft squeeze bottle, you must squeeze it out of the hard bottle, which takes away from the control of how much you can squeeze out. After a few hours, the foundation looked a bit cakey and flakey around crevices around my nose and the corners of my mouth, and emphasized my pores. Not really a buildable coundation as it gets cakey, but just one thin layer offers pretty good coverage! Although the foundation is not the best in terms of how buildable it is and how it looks around around the nose etc after a few hours, it's very suitable for oily or acne prone skin, and too good of a price not to try! I would recommend this if you use a thin layer, that is how it works best.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Dear lord, no.

I picked this up at Target since it was half-price, and since I've been oilier than normal lately, I thought it might help. When applying it with a brush, I did notice a rather interesting smell--this has tea tree oil in it, so if you don't like the scent of that, then I'd stay away.

I noticed that my skin looked a bit ... off with the foundation buffed into it, but I couldn't quite figure out why.

Then today I just put it on with my fingers, and I saw it. I was an oompa-loompa. My skin was a color it has never been and never, ever will be. For reference, I'm between an NC10-15 and bought this in "porcelain." It looks light in the bottle, but on my face, it was an extraordinary mixture of orange and pink and all the colors my skin is not. Since I just slapped it on before running out to grab some takeout, I didn't think much of it, but when I saw myself, I was a floating orange head. I felt like my face was radiating awfulness and couldn't wait to get back home and take it off.

I'd expect something called porcelain to actually be light. The finish on this was actually pretty greasy, too, which I didn't like at all (even with a setting powder).

I really really like this foundation. I decided to try it as an affordable alternative to the Clinique acne foundation. The coverage is great. I will sometimes mix in a pump or half pump of moisturizer on days where I either don't need the extra coverage, or am just particularly dry and it still applies flawlessly. The finish is really nice, which is important to me because I get clogged pores from setting powders so really have to skip them. For the price, you really can't beat it if it works for you.