E.L.F. Acne Fighting Foundation

3.7

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5% Inactive Ingredient: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crossploymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Talc, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-18 Benonite, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark oil, Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Jiuce, Hexapeptide-9, Hamamelis Birginiana (Witch Hazel) May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxid

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a high coverage foundation for acne prone skin, which I have. It looks great for a few hours then starts settling into fine lines and starts looking greasy. Great for running errands.

This quickly became my everyday foundation. I debated between getting it or not, and decided I didn't need another foundation and also because I hated clinique's anti acne foundation. I saw Emily noel mention it and say she actually really liked it. I had bad acne in the past but (knock on wood) it's calmed down now and I just get breakouts here and there. Usually a lone pimple, though. Not clusters. They are usually on my cheeks/near my mouth. My main concern is skin texture and pores. She did state in her video that she didn't necessarily think this was going to clean up your acne but the ingredients weren't anything that would necessarily be bad sitting on your face, either. I happened to be at Target and saw this for $6 so I picked it up in beige. This was in the fall, and 1 bottle lasted me a few months. I bought another one maybe a month or two ago. It's thick, so a little goes a long way! I honestly don't even remember what I was using as my everyday foundation before I got this, I think maybe Revlon color stay which I do love as well but idk I just really like this It can look a little orange when I first put it on but once I add powder and it settles, it matches fine for me. I can also add a bit of my Nyx pro foundation mixer if I need it a little darker if i've been tanning a lot. I haven't been doing this lately, though, because it's winter so i'm paler(obviously) and i've cut back how much I go to the tanning salon. I wouldn't say this makes my skin looks absolutely flawless or anything, but for everyday wear it lasts all day and covers enough. Also, like I said, it's $6 and a little goes a long way so if you're on a budget this may be a good choice. I usually apply this with a BB but it worked fine with an oval brush, too. It can get cakey if you apply too much so be careful. I also don't think it's really a healing agent for acne but it's one of those things I feel good about putting on my face. I don't think any foundation is really going to make my skin look flawless, it's all about getting the right products for your skin and working on that, which i'm currently doing. I bought the WNW photo focus foundation after so many good reviews and want to try that for everyday work makeup because it's equally as cheap but will still always keep a bottle of this around, especially if I end up hating the photo focus.

Covers EVERYTHING really well, but only lasts for a few hours. Probably wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another cheap foundation that doesn't do what is says. This broke me out slightly, and IT OXIDIZED LIKE CRAZY. It looks ORANGE after 30 seconds of application, I don't understand why it is like that. However I will give it 2 lipsticks because there was actually a time I liked this, and it is the only foundation that doesn't make me look extra red after I get it off my face

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

THIS BROKE ME OUT LIKE MOTHERFUCKING CRAZY I SERIOUSLY HATE LIFE RIGHT NOW I HAVE ZITS EVERYWHERE I SWEAR I AM NOT EXAGERATING

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love everything about this foundation. Didn't break me out, made my skin look flawless... that was until it oxidized horribly. The foundation in porcelain appeared to be an amazing match but then I look at my face in the mirror a few hours later and boom! My face looks orange. It is too bad because everything else about this foundation rocked :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this foundation would be perfect if it didn't had pink undertones, oe maybe is just the color i bought (ivory), and it has FIVE parabens... but it has really good coverage, good price and the plastic packaging is the best... i may try the shade Porcelain hoping it has neutral undertones. Also, need more shades!

LIFE SAVERRRRRR!!!! This is the most perfect foundation i've ever tried in my whole life time. The coverage is seriously the 💣. Im using less concealer to cover up now, only depending on the coverage this foundation gives. I've tried many type of foundation from drugstore to high end, just name it. NARS to Too faced, nothing beats this foundation. Love love love how it doesnt break me out!!! I dont break out for almost 2 weeks( which is rare for me) im using this everyday and i can tell the difference on my skin, better than before. Will definitely repurchase soon, i dont want to run out of this bad boy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this foundation when I was a broke student and when I had some acne going on.

This foundation doesn't help w acne, but it doesn't aggravate it either. It has good coverage too so that's another plus.

The problem that I have w this foundation (and some other drugstore foundations) is that it has limited colour selection and the one that's closest to my shade has a red undertone. The foundation also looks very unnatural on the skin. I can't believe I wore this for my graduation photoshoot-- It looks terrible on camera, enough said.

Then again this is a very cheap foundation, so don't expect too much from it other than providing good coverage. Definitely not repurchasing it ever!

I have this in the shade porcelain. It's a tad too pink for my NC 20 skin but I had to guess my shade since I had to order it online. I haven't been able to find this in stores but it's worth ordering online. I believe it is $5 or $6. It's full coverage with a matte finish. It's very thick so if you over apply it will look cakey. I apply it with a beauty blender for the best finish. I don't know about the acne fighting properties but it doesn't irritate my acne prone skin. I wouldn't say it's long lasting but it doesn't claim to be. I like the packaging also as it has a squeeze top so you can control how much comes out. Next time I'm going to order another shade but overall I'm very pleased with it and will be repurchasing.