Wet 'n' Wild Megalast liquid lipstick (ALL)

2.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are 1 of the biggest disappointments from wetnwild. I bought them all from Kmart thinking they would be good I tossed all of them except hyperlink pink coz they suck so bad. & im 1 of those who never throws away MU but the color range sucks, the formula really really REALLY sucks it stains ur lips & dried mind out so badly. It balls up after u eat, forget reapplying for that matter. It pains me so bad to write a negative review for 1 of my all time fave brands but these suck. Just buy one if ur curious on them, don't buy them all coz u may not like them!! I would NOT repurchase! Ugh..yucky.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Worst liquid lipstick ive ever tried

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/3/2016 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this liquid lipstick in the shades 'Do I Make You Blush?' and 'Back To The Fuchsia'. Here's how I feel about them:

Pros
-Pretty colors
-Nice packaging
-Only cost me 3 dollars each

Cons
-Horrible smell
-Drying
-Becomes patchy very easily
-Sets quickly

When I tried this out, the first thing I noticed was the smell... it smells really bad. I first lined my lips with it, but as I was filling in the middle it already started to dry. The lipstick that was already on my lips started to clump when more lipstick was applied. And rubbing the lips together or pulling the lips apart makes the lipstick look patchy and clumpy.

This will not deter me from trying other Wet n Wild products though because I have used some of their products that I really love and would recommend. For instance, some of their eyeshadows and eyeliners. But since we're talking about lip products, I would recommend their Megaslicks lip gloss and their lipsticks (the silk finish ones, haven't tried the matte or megalast ones yet). I would not recommend this product and I would not repurchase it. This liquid lipstick is NO BUENO!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

okay i just love the fact that they have so many shades, but i wish they'd add some more and wish it's actually matte because it's still quite shiny but it can be fixed with a powder so i guess thats okay. anyway, i'd literally pay for more if they just improve the packaging. when you open it gets really messy on the tube which i hate so much, please just improve the packaging, i will literally pay more for a better packaging.

on 10/30/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I feel like the bad reviews are not due to the product but because of the fact people didn't use it correctly, expected this to be something it's not or due to preference.

First of all this ISN'T a lip gloss, it's MATTE and it's not like a regular lipstick where you put on as much as you like then rub your lips together.

You have to put on a thin amount and then let it dry THEN if need be you can put on another coat.
This is part of their "MegaLast" line so clearly it's going to be matte and not so hydrating. I don't get how people expect to has both matte and super moisturized lips, that astonishes me.
If it feels too heavy, you used too much.
It dries down and really adheres to the skin. I've found that the formula depends on the shade to an extent.
Some of these may work better than the other, so I've heard.

Other than that, this stuff actually lasts a good amount of time. I wish they had more colors though. Seems the colors are just standard ones but definitely more variety than the Milani ones which are 7 dollars MORE per tube.
I love this stuff, I'm really glad they're only $3 I do wish that they were more matte like the colourpop ones. I find these do have a slight amount of shine but for half the cost, not too bad

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Aweful. Accentuates lines in lips, feels like concrete on the lips. take this one back to the lab.

Apparently positive reviews for this product is few and far between. I can see why. The doe foot applicator is bulky and odd. Like any stain, it can be quite drying and bleed into lines (not as bad as others, though).

However, the color is indeed long-lasting, velvety, and GORGEOUS. I got Raisin the Roof and while it's glittery in the tube and upon application, it dries to a pretty dark red. I wore it all Christmas season and people were curious is to how I could drink and eat and my lipstick stay flawless.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my new favorite bargain lipstick! I recently purchased several at Walgreen's for $1 each on sale after watching a positive youtube review and thought for a buck you can't go wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I really like them. They are a matte lipstick which is what makes them long wearing, however on my lips they weren't too dry. If you have dry flaky lips this won't look good on you, so make sure that you exfoliate the flakes off first then moisturize to get the most out of this lipstick. For a glossier look, apply Vaseline on your lips first then lipstick. It won't be as long lasting but gives a different look. The packaging is pretty plain so if you buy lipstick for the pretty cases this isn't for you, but the product inside is really nice. There are a variety of colors to choose from.

on 11/18/2013 12:37:00 PM

If you check out my other reviews I don't often give a bad review. However, here is my first. First realize I'm 50+ and my skin is going to be dryer than younger gals that haven't developed lines around their lips so what some of the other gals have said I won't discount because it works for them. For me I bought a couple on sale at Walgreens in a shimmery red and browner/tawny color. The consisancy going on is beautiful! Creamy smooth and perfect color. After a couple of minutes that's where it ended with me. I am a fanatic about exfoliating, and hydrating with a balm and using lip blockers to prevent feathering. This dryed like concreate, showed every line on and around my lips, when I tried to add a bit of balm it became a greasy gloppy mess and totally undid the staying power that mega lip is suppose to have. I couldn't get this off fast enough. I tried doing this a few different ways with primer, different balms etc. Nada nothing worked. Sadly I wanted to love these because the pigmentation in them was beautiful in the end I threw them away wasn't even worth the trip to take them back. I love Wet n Wild but these were definitely a YUCK Two thumbs down for me

Wow this is the most amazing product ever made. Much like the L'oreal infallible stains, let this sit on ur lips for 40 seconds without rubbing them and u have a stain that will last you for more than 2 days. (With showering!!!) It does try matte so I like to apply baby lips over it when it dries. This seriously does not transfer and nothing stains my lips besides this. I have rose on the occasion and it's the PERFECT color for fall! It's a cross between and rose and berry! Hoped this helped! It's $3!

Video Reviews & Tutorials