Neutrogena Shine Control Primer

Neutrogena Shine Control Primer

3.3

Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Silica, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Silica Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 7/11/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Yes I is a bit grainy but it is the best drugstore primer I have used. My skin is very oily and with this primer I'm mostly shine free for the whole day. I recommend this product.

I'm a bit surprised by the reviews on this primer because I have very oily skin and it is so good at controlling shine.
When I ran out, I decided to try the NYX photo finish primer, smashbox, and a couple others and I ended up going back to Target to buy this one.
Yes the texture is grainy but that serves a purpose, also you should be using a very tiny amount on your face not smearing it on like lotion.
I love this primer a lot, it's great when I'm not even wearing MU and I am writing this review because I think every oily skinned person should try it.

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My face does nothing but spew oil all day long like every pore is its own little oil rig. This is the only thing I have found that actually makes a difference. Like WOW I couldn’t believe how controlled the oil was. And for those who complained about it being gritty- you have to put a dime or nickel size amount on your fingertips, and lightly slap it on all over your face (DONT SMEAR IT LIKE LOTION). There will be little grits, but let it dry a min and then gently brush any of the grits that are still on your face, what you’re left with is total oil control, perfect matte face to work with. I just apply a lil concealer and powder and I'm good to go all day. I can’t believe it, this stuff has changed my life. I literally gasped when I looked in the mirror hrs after first applying it, matte!!!!! That word isn't in my vocabulary, but it is now!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Update: I stopped this primer because my skin was breaking out, and once I stopped, my skin calmed down. I put this on today and yesterday and I can literally feel the blemished rising from my pores. It's really gross. In the trash it goes!

on 3/30/2016 12:24:00 PM

Edit: I had to stop using the product because my face would BREAK OUT. It was horrible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this, I have primer from Smashbox that I paid like $30 for and is awesome. Well, this stuff is bad! First, its gritty for some reason. Not sure if that was because it had expired or what but it irritates the skin big time! Its also white which can show up. I am fairly shocked that Neutrogena would have such a bad product like this. I do love their natural lengths mascara but this one is a fail.

on 1/20/2016 9:23:00 PM

I'm not sure if I would buy this again. I'm waiting to get it during the summer to see if it really helps because it's hard for me to tell in the winter since I have dryer skin now. Let me start with the feel of this product though, it reallyyyyy bothers me and grosses me out. It's lotion with beads of rice literally in it. When I first bought it I thought I got a bad one, but I can feel the beads on my face and they don't like disintegrate or anything, I literally wipe them off my face because they gross me out so much. Idk if it's meant to exfoliate before foundation? I have no idea. Either way it really bothers me, and if I don't wipe off the rice beads and put my foundation on and I wait for the primer to "settle", the rice beads are still there and I can see them underneath my foundation! It freaks me out idk why they even put those in there. Maybe I do actually have a bad one lol. Other than that this stuff makes me make up stay on a decent amount of time for a drug store product. Like I said, I'm not sure if it helps control oil Bc I don't have oil problems this time of year. We shall see. But the texture of this product is enough for me to say it's a fail.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Made my skin feel suffocated and it did not help with oil control.

I have purchased this product two times already and the first time I liked it for a while but I felt like after a while it stopped doing much. I didn't like the texture because it felt dry almost filmy and didn't leave a soft texture like I was hoping it would.

The second time I purchased it was even worse because it only kept me matte for two hours max. It made break out a little and sometimes made me even more oily! It does nothing for prolonging make up wear or smoothing out your face/pores. I think for the price I was expecting more. I bought mine at Walmart and it was $14. I know it is a drugstore product but for the price I thought it would deliver better results. I know some people that love this product but if you are on a budget and looking for a good mattifying primer, invest elsewhere.

I have very oily skin and this made it even worse. Waste of money.