Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

Expert Face BrushExpert Face BrushExpert Face Brush

4.5

on 7/18/2017 6:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I don't like applying foundation with a sponge, as well as I got tired of applicating it with my fingers. So I searched for a foundation brush that applies makeup smoothly.
Firstly I wasn't sure if it really will be a good quality product, because of the quite low price. But when I tried it left a really good impression. I always carry it with me, after several hours of wearing foundation I use this brush with any product on it just to blend and mattify my skin a little bit.
I really recommend this as foundation brush! :)

on 6/30/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

THE QUALITY IS GREAT! So easy to clean. I've had mine for over a year and it is outstanding. It blends foundation so easily. I even used it for my homecoming and it's even easy to use this brush. I am a fan of high end brushes and this beat all of them. Not kidding.

on 6/30/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

a multitasking brush that i always put in my bag. blends bb creams, foundations, cream blush, powders, and even contouring product (both cream and powder) beautifully. the only cons is the price is quite high in my country ($13-$14) and with that price i do think that i deserve a better packaging (like ecotools had to their entire collection, mini pouch or something that could keep my brushes clean when i bring those things around)

I'm a brush snob, but I love this brush! It works well at blending in all liquid face products (primer, tinted moisturizer, BB cream, foundation), the synthetic bristles are easy to wash and also dry quickly after being washed (important if you wash at night and want to use it the next morning), and the price is very reasonable. If you wait for sales, you can get it for dirt cheap, like I did ($4.50 at Kohl's.) All in all, a great workhorse brush!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this brush to apply bb cream and foundation. I initially loved it. It gave me more coverage from my bb cream, blended it very well, just amazing. When I first bought it, I dipped the brush directly in the bb cream and applied it to my face. Over time, the bb cream got deep in the brush, and made the bristles stick together. Despite washing it with Dawn soap, I was unable to get the bb cream out of the brush.

I've bought my second brush, and I do not dip it directly into foundation or bb cream. I place the bb cream on my face, then very lightly blend with the brush. Samantha Chapman said in a video to be very careful to keep foundation at the tip of the brush, and this is key.

Because of my first experience, I quickly wash the brush off with a drop of soap after each use. Really once every few weeks would be ok. I really love that this brush gives great coverage out of bb creams and foundations that would otherwise be sheer. Really lovely brush overall.

on 5/7/2017 11:38:00 AM

This is a fantastic brush for putting on your foundation. It blends really well and leaves a smooth, streak free base. The best foundation brush I have used so far.

on 5/2/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have tried with this one...but I dislike it so much! At least for foundation application (hence 2 lippies bc i like how it blends and buffs out cream contour or blush). For the various liquid foundation consistences (thinner liquid to creamier liquid) I use it is terrible for me. Products are like night and day on me uding other methods vs this. Streaky application, causes products to settle in my pores, absorbs a lot of product, and finally...difficult to get fully clean as the brush is so dense. I love RT products....just not this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Blends out any foundation of any consistency beautifully leaving no brush strokes behind as the brush itself is very dense. For the price you can't beat this.

on 4/29/2017 11:54:00 AM

Eh. I love it but I wish it was softer. I recently got the sculpting. Brush and its so much softer, yes it's much denser as well but I prefer. It.

on 4/28/2017 11:47:00 AM

I love this brush! I bought it to use with my Dermablend intense camo powder foundation. I swirl the brush into the powder just a little bit and then swirl on my face. The coverage is lovely, no streaking. I find that if I have some areas that need extra coverage, I just go back over it with the powder and brush and it builds the coverage nicley. Bought it on sale at London Drugs for about $10.

Popular Makeup Brushes