Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.5

on 2/4/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i recently repurchased this brush since it's the only thing i use to apply foundation and i got tired of washing it every other day. it's literally so good that you need multiples to keep from going crazy with all the washing you will be doing, because once you purchase this brush and figure out how to use it, you won't want to use anything else.

this gives me the quickest foundation application out of the tools i currently have (my currently available tools being a sponge + my fingers lol). i have a real techniques sponge, and i like it okay; i don't like how much foundation it sucks up and even though the finish is beautiful, for me it is more time-consuming to use. fingers are okay with the foundation i use, but i love using a brush, specifically this one, for a number of reasons:

-it's much quicker
-it blends foundation into my pores and reduces the visibility of them
-it doesn't suck up all of my foundation
-it keeps my hands clean during foundation application

i won't say there aren't better brushes out there, this is simply the only one i've tried and it's so user friendly that i don't feel compelled to try anything else. it doesn't leave streaks on my face unless i apply too much product, it's very easy to hold, and it doesn't shed or scratch my face. i will say the new brush i picked up from amazon is ever so slightly softer than the one i purchased over a year ago, but the difference is almost indiscernible and they apply foundation exactly the same. this is such a good brush and i use it every single day. absolutely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the expert face brush - I use more cream/liquid makeup than powders, and this has replaced at least a couple of my old brushes as it's so versatile. I use it for tinted moisturiser/bb cream/ foundation (all urban decay) plus for blending out cream blusher, highlighter etc and it's done a great job - it's my go-to brush for my work bag! I find I need a lighter hand though as it does pick up a lot of product at once. I wash it using my solid beauty blender cleanser and leave to dry upright- I've not seen any shedding yet despite a few months use. Would definitely recommend!

on 1/14/2017 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A previous reviewer mentioned that this blush failed to work with foundation application, leaving a streaky finish. I agree it's not much for painting a canvas, but I've used it for cream/liquid blushes & highlighters with great results.
I wanted to pass along that it's easily re-purposed :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sorry, I wanted to love this brush. Really. I read raving reviews, telling that this would give a streak-free finish within less than a minute. Well, I couldn't notice any difference from the brushes I used in the past: still some streaks, and I needed about 2-3 minutes to get a good (and I mean ONLY good) finish. I don't understand the hype. Maybe it's the cheap price and that it depends on the foundation you are using. I use liquid foundation with medium coverage. So this is a disappointment for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This brush is perfect for contouring. I suppose it would also be good for applying foundation or powder as well because of the densely packed bristles. Very soft and easy to apply. I like the shape of the brush and the price was not bad either!

on 12/30/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After a few weeks it began to shed hairs. Looks cheap and in Belgium it is not THAT cheap. Do not recommand. I expected a whole lot more from the Pixiwoo sisters.

on 12/30/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Before this brush i have used bb dupe, flat foundation brush and fingers, of course. I usually used flat brush and then go with a bb dupe.
The expert brush is okay. I use it for a couple of months every day before i purchased the original bb. The brush soak up products more than the pink bb for example. It gives you light to medium coverage. It can go striky, dont be fooled but it can be fixed so it is not such a big problem. You just have to spend extra time if this happen. I really like it for blending cream contour, blushes or highlighters, but not for foundation. The results are not even close to bb's finish.
The bristles are okay, it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin, they don't fall and i am nohow gentle to the brush. I cleaned it with a soap bar because this is the easiest way and can really remove foundation from the brush.

on 12/24/2016 5:54:00 AM

When I first used this brush I loved it. My foundation looked flawless. However after the first wash the brush did not perform well at all. Foundation application became streaky. The bristles became loosely packed and lost their density. I just don't get it.

on 12/20/2016 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Absolutely love it! It applies and blends my mousse foundation beautifully. Very dense but incredibly soft. Easy to clean and holds its shape. There's nothing I don't like about this brush!

on 11/27/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Holy grail brush at a fantastic price! I finally gave in and bought this brush, SO GLAD I DID. It blends and moves foundation well, without taking it off your skin. I find it doesn't suck up product and is easy to clean, but also doesn't loose bristles off on your face as you go. I had a MAC stippling brush and every time I used it I would have a few bristles on my face (not cool). This brush is dense but still soft enough that it doesn't pull at your skin. Great drugstore brush!

Popular Makeup Brushes