Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Expert Face BrushExpert Face BrushExpert Face Brush

4.5

on 8/1/2018 5:50:00 AM

I bought this brush 4 years ago & I’ve only just thrown it out. Good at blending liquid foundation & powder contour. It’s hard to wash in my opinion cause the hairs started to shred after a few times of being washed but overall I would buy again as it’s cheaper than other brushes & lasts a long time so definitely get your money’s worth

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a brush that would considerably speed up my liquid foundation application. Normally I'd apply it with fingers and it took forever to blend.
This brush buffs the foundation into the skin, blends it really seamlessly with no steaks and keeps the coverage full. Overall my foundation application is almost two times as fast now and makeup looks way better and more blended.
The only thing I could ask for it to be a little larger, however, it then might not be as versatile and won't be able to blend as nicely around nose and eyes.

on 7/21/2018 9:09:00 AM

I have this brush for a year now and I use it every day. I love it! It's soft and applies the foundation and the concealer well. I must say that I have the mini version and it's much easier to work with. It's perfect for when I travel (or when I am not at home and I must have a decent face on :) ).

on 7/14/2018 6:33:00 AM

I didn’t intend to buy this brush, but in come in a trio with the RT Sponge, which I love, and the RT concealer brush, which I also love. I hardly ever used this brush, because I mainly use sponges or the Artis brushes to apply foundation, but recently, even though it’s summer, I wanted to get more coverage out of my foundation, without applying too many layers. So, for that, this brush is brilliant: take a high coverage foundation, or even liquid concealer, and buff it in the center of the face thinning it out towards the sides of the face. For that, it’s brilliant: blends well in the areas I need it most to obtain good coverage. It’s not the softest brush I’ve ever owned, but it doesn’t irritate my skin and it doesn’t streak, as I use a minimal amount of product and buff in circular motions.

One of my hg makeup brushes. Durable, densely packed, doesn't shed

Cheap and would definitely recommend

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have it for over a year and I used it once. That says a lot about how much do I love it.
I got it as a cheap alternative to my Bobbi Brown full cover brush, but they can't be compared.
Bobbi Brown is at least 5 times superior to this one. The Real Techniques brush is extremely dense, not soft, and it feels unpleasantly scratchy to my dry sensitive skin. I didn't throw it away thinking that one day I may use it to apply a face mask, but this day will probably never come.
Once I've written this review I've started experimenting more with the brush and I found out that I actually quite like it for a forehead contouring. Anyway, won’t buy it again.

Updated review: Decided not to return because I had an idea... went against popular opinion and used this brush dry, which gave me much better results. I also decided to try stippling, whereas the “experts” seemed to suggest buffing with this brush.

I recommend the company give some guidance on the package, instead of referring consumers to a website for videos. For instance, “Use this clean, dry brush in a stippling motion for best results” would be easy to add on the package. Similarly, if one of their brushes is recommended to be moistened for best results, just add that text on the package! Don’t make me work to learn about how to use your products, especially when the advice was not ultimately not useful for me. Seriously annoying.

Thankfully, this is now not as streaky as when I moisten the brush. Still, I think my fingers are better to apply my liquid foundation, as this brush seems to apply, but simultaneously brush away foundation from my face. This brush is good in case I feel like using a tool and am in a light-coverage mood.

Old review: Might as well use toilet paper to apply my liquid foundation.
Not sure why this gets such high reviews:
It delivers streaky results, along with an uncomfortable plasticy squeak while applying, even after moistening it to supposedly get “better” results.
My fingers seem to be the best tool for liquid foundation. (Sponges aren’t bad, but they wear out too quickly and require maintenance.) Bare Escentuals brushes seem to be best for powder foundations.
Returning this today.

on 3/28/2018 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Superb makeup brush! Everyone needs this for flawless foundation!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a great tool to have this brush is not a flat top bush its more pinched in,nicely packed more on the dense side but not too dense which makes it great also for multi purposes, great to apply foundation, cream contour,even blush with a light hand brush care...easy to clean and i haven't experienced any shedding .

on 1/19/2018 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This brush is very versatile. I use it for powders, creams, lotions etc.
The bristles are soft & washes well, BUT after 4 years of ownership, the black part of the stem became all sticky & funky on me. It attracted dust & dirt. I threw it out after that.
Overall it's a good brush, lasted a good 4 years for me, worked well when I used it and the price is pretty reasonable.

Popular Makeup Brushes