Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush
Expert Face BrushExpert Face BrushExpert Face Brush

4.5

on 5/7/2017 11:38:00 AM

This is a fantastic brush for putting on your foundation. It blends really well and leaves a smooth, streak free base. The best foundation brush I have used so far.

on 5/2/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have tried with this one...but I dislike it so much! At least for foundation application (hence 2 lippies bc i like how it blends and buffs out cream contour or blush). For the various liquid foundation consistences (thinner liquid to creamier liquid) I use it is terrible for me. Products are like night and day on me uding other methods vs this. Streaky application, causes products to settle in my pores, absorbs a lot of product, and finally...difficult to get fully clean as the brush is so dense. I love RT products....just not this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Blends out any foundation of any consistency beautifully leaving no brush strokes behind as the brush itself is very dense. For the price you can't beat this.

on 4/29/2017 11:54:00 AM

Eh. I love it but I wish it was softer. I recently got the sculpting. Brush and its so much softer, yes it's much denser as well but I prefer. It.

on 4/28/2017 11:47:00 AM

I love this brush! I bought it to use with my Dermablend intense camo powder foundation. I swirl the brush into the powder just a little bit and then swirl on my face. The coverage is lovely, no streaking. I find that if I have some areas that need extra coverage, I just go back over it with the powder and brush and it builds the coverage nicley. Bought it on sale at London Drugs for about $10.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favourite foundation brush! Can be used to buff liquid foundation or press powder into the skin.

on 2/4/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i recently repurchased this brush since it's the only thing i use to apply foundation and i got tired of washing it every other day. i've been using it for a few years now and have little desire to try anything else to put on my face makeup.

this gives me the quickest foundation application out of the tools i currently have (my currently available tools being a sponge + my fingers lol). i have a real techniques sponge, and i like it okay; i don't like how much foundation it sucks up and even though the finish is beautiful, for me it is actually more time-consuming to use because it takes longer to build up product. fingers are okay with the foundation i use, but i love using a brush, specifically this one, for a number of reasons:

-it's much quicker
-it blends foundation into my pores and reduces the visibility of them
-it doesn't suck up all of my foundation
-it keeps my hands clean during application

i won't say there aren't better brushes out there, this is simply the only one i've tried and it's so user friendly that i don't feel compelled to try anything else. it doesn't leave streaks on my face unless i apply too much product, it's very easy to hold, and it doesn't shed or scratch my face. i will say the new brush i picked up from amazon is ever so slightly softer than the one i purchased over a year ago, but the difference is almost indiscernible and they apply foundation exactly the same. this is such a good brush and i use it every single day. i'm also one of those crazy people who washes their brushes after the second or third use, and in 3 years i've never seen a single bristle fall out of the handle. absolutely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the expert face brush - I use more cream/liquid makeup than powders, and this has replaced at least a couple of my old brushes as it's so versatile. I use it for tinted moisturiser/bb cream/ foundation (all urban decay) plus for blending out cream blusher, highlighter etc and it's done a great job - it's my go-to brush for my work bag! I find I need a lighter hand though as it does pick up a lot of product at once. I wash it using my solid beauty blender cleanser and leave to dry upright- I've not seen any shedding yet despite a few months use. Would definitely recommend!

on 1/14/2017 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A previous reviewer mentioned that this blush failed to work with foundation application, leaving a streaky finish. I agree it's not much for painting a canvas, but I've used it for cream/liquid blushes & highlighters with great results.
I wanted to pass along that it's easily re-purposed :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sorry, I wanted to love this brush. Really. I read raving reviews, telling that this would give a streak-free finish within less than a minute. Well, I couldn't notice any difference from the brushes I used in the past: still some streaks, and I needed about 2-3 minutes to get a good (and I mean ONLY good) finish. I don't understand the hype. Maybe it's the cheap price and that it depends on the foundation you are using. I use liquid foundation with medium coverage. So this is a disappointment for me.

Popular Makeup Brushes