MAC Modern Mandarin

Modern Mandarin

4.6

on 3/1/2017 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favourite MAC blush. I love orange and coral blushes and this looks so cute and flattering on my skin.

on 2/26/2016 4:05:00 PM

I went to MAC to get Peaches but somehow ended up with this in my bag? I was going to return it but decided to give it a shot and I really like it! It is very pigmented so use a light hand. I'm an NC30/35 and it still looks bright but not crazy. Definitely not for someone who likes really natural makeup but it's worth a shot

on 2/25/2014 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

in the person it looks more coral than in the package
it has a slight shimmer
I love it. it suits my yellow skin tone.

on 6/22/2013 4:47:00 AM

I regret getting this. I rushed the purchase becos its limited edition and loved the name! I know its crazy! This is wayyyy too pigmented for me. Too orangey, too dark and u need to go light -handed (im nc37). Its been sitting on my table for soo long cos i hardly use it. It makes me look so bruised and clownish. Nvr buy on impulse ppl. Think im giving this away..

on 4/11/2013 7:10:00 PM

I picked this up last year around this time. I normally wouldn't have gravitated toward this because... it's orange. I generally don't consider orange to be overly flattering. One of the MAC sales associates applied it to my cheeks and I loved it, so I picked it up. I think the red undertones make it very wearable. It's very pigmented so I apply very little and blend well. I find that it brightens my face like no other, and has a faint sheen. Looks fantastic with a highlight applied to the cheekbones. It spends a shameful amount of time sitting unloved in my drawer but once I get back into using it I find myself hooked. I like it best in spring/summer, for obvious reasons. If you can get your hands on this, especially if it's repromoted in the future, I recommend it.

on 3/4/2013 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Good corals and oranges are difficult to find for my skin.

I am an NC40-42 with both gray and yellow undertones. Not really olive, not really tan. Modern manadarin works well for me by day when I wear orange and/or coral clothes. Trying a peach blush with those colors looks somewhat gritty and dirty on my skin, but Modern Mandarin does the trick. I am not sure if this would work as well on skin that is much darker than mine but I suspect medium and olive skin-toned blush lovers would appreciate this in their collections.

Finish: Pretty nice. It is the slightest bit chalky but just a smidge so. The chalkiness tends to disappear if you blend it in a little longer than normal.

Texture: Feels very smooth. Applies very easily.

To date, I've been impressed with how long it lasts although I must confess, the longest I've worn it has been 4.5 hours.

By night, I love this on my cheek with the Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Whipser of Gilt. I was pleasantly surprised to see another reviewer does the same! The two together make the skin glow a soft coral shade. Not really a shimmer, but a seemingly perfect glow.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Gosh, this is complete amazing-ness. It's an orange peach with reddish undertones, and I've noticed that the more you blend it into your skin; more of this gorgeous sheen appears. I have a medium olive skin and it really is absolute perfection, but apply it slowly--it's pigmented!

I'm really bummed that it's limited edition, but I've never finished a blush so not too worried I'll ever be without.

It's beautiful with a highlight, and lately I've been pairing this with the MAC Extra Dimension skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt--gorgeous combo.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

A really wonderful, terrific, fantastic youtuber mailed this to me and I received the package yesterday. I've been making videos about drooling over this blush for weeks and I finally got it! Love, love, love. As with all MAC blushes, you only need to TAP your blush brush on it and blend it on the cheeks. Leaves a great flush of color and I'm extremely pleased with this blush! If only MAC products weren't so much damn money!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am glad I got my hands on this blush. It's a beauty, for sure. Modern Mandarin is a lovely peach/coral color that applies like a dream. The texture of this blush is so smooth and the pigmentation leaves nothing to be desired. It's simply amazing. With this product, a little bit definitely goes a long way. I applied way too much product one time and I had clown cheeks, LOL!

Overall, this is a beautiful blush and I hope MAC features it again, someday!

on 5/2/2012 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this blush. For ref, I'm NC 25-30. I need the tiniest amount for a pretty glow, it's super pigmented for light-medium skin tones. It looks intense in the pan, but with a light hand, looks gorgeous.