Revlon PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer (color 002)

3.4

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing. Really makes your flaws disappear a little. Looks flawless under my Estée Lauder double wear. You could easily wear alone also. I've only worn it a couple of times do far but Im beyond impressed. It's a must have primer in my eyes.

Too much shimmer. I used in conjunction with the translucent powder and bb makeup. Lasted 6 hours in various weather conditions and with low physical activity. Good as a date night go to but not an everyday daytime natural makeup look. Looks to glittery in the sunlight. I did like the hydration quality the primer gave my skin so I tried it in combo with an Almay CC and Clinque Repairwear that alternate and wear during the day. It ruined the quality of both applictions. I guess with a name like Photoready I should have known. It is marketed to wear while taking photos. It works well for that purpose.

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

Not a fan at all. The only thing I like about this primer is the packaging. It comes in a pump, so you get the right amount of product each time and it's hygenic. That's where the happiness ends for me. It doesn't correct color in any way, shape or form. The consistency is sticky and dry. It made me break out after one use. It did nothing to smooth out my complexion or keep the wear of my base makeup. It's $15 CDN and for me, the Rimmel Primer was much better at half the price. That's really all I have to say. I won't be purchasing this again. Although I should note, that this is my personal opinion, and makeup is VERY personal, so all of the negative things I found about this product may be completely off base for others. If you like it, that's great...did nothing for me at all.

Bought this by accident instead of the perfecting primer (001). I actually hated it!! So don't give up yet... If you didn't like this try the perfecting one! Worlds apart

Thought it was over all a good primer. Nothing amazing about it, but i never disliked it.
Makes your skin smoother and kinda blurred imperfections?
nothing amazing...but strangely nice :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I usually have a lot of success with Revlon, but I'm not keen on this product. I have pretty uneven skin, with red patches and yellow/purple under eyes which is why I thought this one might be good. My skin does look a bit smoother but no difference on the colour.

My main issue with this primer is that it just doesn't take foundation well at all. When I put makeup on it seems to have the exact opposite effect and the foundation just gets smeared around over top of it. It won't blend in or absorb at all. Also, the primer doesn't soak in or anything and rubs off really easily. Maybe it just doesn't interact well with the type of foundation I use (liquid/creme foundation). Disappointed and won't be getting it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Me encanta este primer. Para mi piel funciona excelente. Matifica super bien, y sobretodo minimiza los poros y las líneas de expresión.

I have bought this product a few times now, and I do like it but don't love it. I used the MAC primer before and didn't find it as good as this one, however that was a few years ago. I like this primer mainly because of the price point, and that it evens out my skin tone and does fill in fine lines on my forehead. In photographs my skin looks flawless but in real life the effect is not AMAZING. I agree with some reviews that this actually makes the pores on my nose bigger and you only need the smallest amount, and rub it in quickly otherwise it dries funny. I will probably spend the extra money and try the Smashbox one next. Overall a good primer for a good price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim back when I had a voucher to spend at MYER, so I thought I'd splurge on a primer that would actually work. Knowing that revlon is sort of 'the king of foundations' in drugstores, I decided to try this since all their base is thought to be worth the money. I initially wanted to 001 shade but they were sold out, and this is supposed to be color correcting, and it sounds good enough so I bought it. What I love about it is that it really does make my foundation stay put during the day. I wore it recently under the hot Aussie sun and when i looked at the mirror at the end of my day out, my foundation (I used Revlon's Nearly Naked) didn't budge ! Note that I often use a tissue to blot my nose because I tend to get oily around my t-zone, and even then, my complexion still looks (nearly) flawless! The pump is also great because its hygienic, and the packaging is also not bad. The reason why I didn't give this 5/5 is because since it's made of silicone, the product does 'harden' and whenever i try to pump the product out, the chunks that have solidified would squeeze out first and I'll have to throw those before pumping it again for the 'normal' ones to come out. It's not a major problem, but just a turn off. I also think that the texture of the primer can feel a bit heavy on the skin, so sometimes you might feel like you have loads on the skin even after just the primer. And to be honest, I'm not all that much of a silicone-based primer fan. I prefer something that's more liquid. Regarding the color correcting part, the girl at the revlon counter showed me how it worked on her arm and it really evens out her skin! It was almost like a miracle worker. Maybe it's just my skin tone, but I didn't see much of a difference when I applied it to my face. So I can't really say it corrects my skin tone. Maybe my skin tone is pretty much corrected ? I'm not usually one to use a primer, but it is summer here in Australia, so I don't want my make up to melt off my face. So if you're looking for a primer, I definitely recommend this one. But maybe I'll still be looking for a better one and keep experimenting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This primer works really well with the Revlon Colorstay Whipped! My skin stays matte all day and my makeup stays put. If a lot of primers break you out, then I would recommend trying this one out.