Maybelline Amethyst Ablaze

No Image

4.5

on 9/20/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really love this color. It's a silvery deep violet. The formula dries very quickly but it doesn't last very long at all. Even with my holy grail Revlon CS base coat, it chips and peels the very next day.

on 10/29/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

amethyst ablaze is a shinny blue tone purple with red shimmers.it is a bit sheer but buildable.smooth texture,shines,really nice purple! Go well with: nude,lilac,fuchsia,pink,gold,white,black eye shadows.love it!

on 9/4/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Gorgeous! I bought two tubes at Ulta even though there was no sale (thank goodness for coupons though!)...I usually don't wear dark shades of lipcolors, but this one is just so pretty! It's not as shimmery as I thought it would be too! Even though it's pigmented, it just applies so beautifully and easily. One swipe and it looked perfect! Gosh, when I put AA on, I felt like Rihanna or Katy Perry singing onstage=)

on 10/14/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This color is BEAUTIIFUL. It applies evenly, and is a true purple shade,without leaning too red or too blue. It has purple shimmer too, that doesn't look obnoxious or stupid. It is a loud shade, so I don't wear it too often...but for a girls night out, or something, i def recommend! I only saw it selling in 1 store & the remaining ones were all gross (Like someone tried it on), but if I see it again, I'd repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm absolutely in love with Amethyst Ablaze. It's a new lipstick from Maybelline. What an amazing Amethyst/lilac/lavender shade of lipstick. As a huge purple lipstick fanatic this is a definite shade for all purple lovers everywhere and for anyone who wants to try a purple shade of lipstick. It's not too dark or too light. It will suit all skin types. I need to run out and buy myself a back-up of it and fast. This will definitely sell out.

on 9/15/2011 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is like the lipstick version of MAC All of My Purple Life. I love purple and this lipstick is a must! It's not as purpley on as it is in the tube, but it comes through a pretty purple without being over the top or too hood. The girl at Walgreens said it was limited edition so I say go get it now!