4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I picked this up on a whim today since I found it strewn among the clearance items, and all I can say is wow! I've never tried a Covergirl lipstick before today, and this one really impressed me. I am extremely fair with cool undertones, and this shows up as pink, almost watermelony on me. It's very bright and pigmented, but by no means unwearable. It is extremely flattering! I also love how creamy it is when applying, and the creamy finish it leaves. Over time, it can dry a little, but it did not seem to really dry my lips out at all. I swatched on my hand before wearing it, and I was surprised to notice that it left a stain! It does the same on the lips as well, becoming a less intense pink. Overall, I'm very pleased with this impulse purchase!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

7 years ago

This is the PERFECT pink lipstick for those of use with cool fair skin. Oh my goodness. It's super creamy and blends well with a sheer gloss on top. I love this color. I don't normally wear lipstick everyday but this may become my signature color! LOVE!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

7 years ago

I'm not an "everyday-lipstick" girl, so I certainly am no experienced connoisseur; however, I did find this lipstick to be perfect for my uses! I have fair/light skin tone, blonde hair and light blue eyes and it is a PERFECT "barbie" pink for me...without making me feel uncomfortably girly, if that makes any sense. I have been finding the color to be great for summer events...it pairs well with a sun-kissed glow and more bronzy/natural smokey eye, I find. I find it to be very pigmented and that it lasts a long time. Even after the initial application fades a bit, it seems to act like a lip stain...which I actually prefer! So I usually will apply it, let it sit for about 10 minutes, while finishing my eyes or something, and then blot it and blend it in with my fingers for a more natural-looking stain. Definitely recommend for those with lighter skin who are looking for a nice, bright (but not magenta) pink!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

8 years ago

A very pretty lipstick! I am super pale with dark hair, and it looks great against my complexion. It is a bright watermelon pink color with a warm, sort of coral-like undertone. Not too bright or over whelming. It is moist and not drying, and stays on my lips for a long period of time, even after I took a shower there was still some on there! I would definitely reccomend this, and I will buy it again! Nice packaging and a GREAT price!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

8 years ago

Perfect Dupe for Mac Viva Glam Nicki Minaj. Swatched together this is a teeny bit darker but apply it on top of a lighter shaded nude lipliner or mixed with a little bit of light concealer...perfect dupe. Just wanted to pass that on :) beautiful bright watermelon pink without the blue undertones as mentioned below. Smooth application with a creamy/semi gloss finish. Apply it (as well as any lipstick) on top of different colored lip liners to change the color into a whole new color. TIP ALERT: apply almost any bright, out there colors to light nude lip liners softens it into a more wearable color. Really like this especially with spring coming.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

8 years ago

I adore this lipstick. I saw the positive reviews on CG's Lip perfection's range so I decided to give it a try and I was immediately drawn to this color. It is a bold hot watermelon pink without any blue undertones (which is quite hard to find). It glides on the lips really smoothly and stays there for hours...seriously, the staying power was really really good. It's not particularly moisturizing but I didn't feel the need to apply a lip balm underneath either and it definitely didn't dry out my lips or accentuate dry spots. The finish is more matte than satin but it still has some shine. It has a weak artificial scent that I don't really mind. A great drugstore find, can't wait to buy some more colors. The packaging is pretty sleek as well. Edit: I noticed this is an almost exact dupe for MAC's Chatterbox.

About reviewer (526 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

1.0

8 years ago

Overall it was a pretty good lipstick but it was pretty chalky. My biggest complaint is the color (which is obviously a purchase error on my part), but it also looked really 80's-esque against my skin, and I doubt this particular bright neon 'omg I can see your lips from ten miles away' pink would flatter anyone unless you were going for a job interview as a feminine clown or something. I also didn't notice any improvement in my lips; something this chalky and dry is NOT going to moisturize or soften your lips in any way. So if you want to try CoverGirl's Lip Perfection line, DO NOT get this color.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I LOVE this lipstick. I usually gravitate towards bright barbie pink colors so this is no surprise. This color is bright, pigmented & sparkly. I loveee it. I originally bought the magenta one of these, which was SO pretty but not on me, then I saw this when I went to exchange it & have been attached to it ever since. I don't find it to be drying, but it does stain which I like, becos theirs color left after u eat or etc. Give this a try!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

9 years ago

So I was fairly disappointed in this l/s. The color was fantastic, but despite it being a cream formula and it's claims to be hydrating it was actually quite drying and had a slip to it that felt really strange and disappeared quite quick leaving a stain behind. The stain I didn't mind, but the drying aspect was not fun. I also wasn't a fan of the sweet-plastic smell. I almost would have preferred they forgo the fragrance, instead of having that combined smell. It's not the worst l/s ever, but I was hoping to finally find something DS I liked. I ended up returning it, even though I bought it with a coupon, and got MAC Impassioned instead. Impassioned is similar in tone, but more intense.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinDry, Dark, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I get compliments every time i wear this. I am nc 35 w/green eyes. It is a bright pink, I find it totally brightens up my face if i were to wear nothing else. The formula is a little drying but not quite matte. It is a strong lip color but has some sheen. I have not found it stains my lips like others stated. I would not mind if it did though. I would highly recommend.

About reviewer (238 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm