3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pen. Its not available anywhere in the US but many of the best beauty products are not available here. So what? That's what the mail is for. Order it from Selfridge's. I did. And I"ll do it again. It perfectly fills in my brows without looking fake. It stays on all day and the brown perfectly matches my light brown eyebrows to go with my dark blonde hair.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

5 years ago

I have some gaps in my brows due to mis-guided over plucking in my youth and yes it takes a bit of time to do it right,with the Suqqu pen/brush, however once you have got the knack, this is just fantastic! The staying power is second to none and it lasts all day long without budging. The trick is to do small, feather-light strokes and leave it for a few seconds. The colour seems light at first but it does develop to a darker shade, so it is easy to over-do and look a mess. The key with this is practice. If you take some time to play around and get the feel for how it works, you will reap the rewards. However, it will always take time to apply if you want a natural look. At first I was taking 10 minutes getting my brows right. So if you want to do your whole make-up in 10 minutes stay away from the Suqqu pen. After some practice though I have got better and can apply now fairly quick. What I love is the staying power, it really does last all day long, and for that I am willing to take some extra time.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This review is for Brown 02. .If you are in US and have to pay $78 for it - forget it. If you are in London and passing by Selfridge,, try it first. This pen is not for thin, sparse brows. You will not be able to "paint' hairs because the tip is too long and too soft to give you stroke control. Also, it takes time for a color to develop and, when it finally appears, it looks like stain and not like individually painted strokes. Looks horrible, exactly like on ladies who tattooed their brows. Since the texture is very thin, it is impossible to add fullness and look natural. However, if you have naturally full and perfectly shaped brows and just need to enhance the look, go for it, but do not pay more than $30. Only two positives: the pen is slim and it does last through 8-9 hours of work day in air conditioned environment. However, it did not live through two hours of zumba:)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

I wish I read these reviews before I bought this. I bought this on a whim since so many people raved about this on YouTube. Should have checked MUA first! ;) It is a peeve that Suqqu is not available anywhere in the US (even online). I did find it on Ichibankao (a Japanese online store) which is apparently cheaper than buying from Selfridges. The packaging is black, gorgeous, expensive looking so you know where most of your money went. The pen was a lot shorter and smaller than I thought, but it gives you a lot of control for creating hair-like strokes. I got this in Moss Green for dark ashy brown or black eyebrow hair. Most eyebrow pens I've encountered are very harsh and unnatural on me, making me look like I have tattoo-ed eyebrows. Because it's hard to find the perfect color, certain pens usually have a brown shade that have too much red or orange in them. With the Suqqu pen, I felt like the color blended naturally toward the ends of eyebrows but when trying to create a straighter, naturally, fuller brow (as my brows are too arched), the color was barely there on my skin. I'll keep working with it, but I don't think I'll re-purchase. It's way too expensive and over-hyped. I guess I will have to continue my quest for products that fake a naturally fuller brow.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I didn't find entry for 01 Moss Green, which is my preferred one of the two. This is a very fine product that works great for filling out blanks in my brows. It is so very fine and light that it takes me a few minutes each time to achieve desired look, which is a major draw back since I don't always have the time to spare. But if you have the time (and the cash) this is a great product for a very natural and long lasting pair of brows. I bought both shades but like 01 more since it matches my deep dark brown hair colour more (funny it'called moss green and does show green if you draw it on white papers but on brows it is grey black!). I bought it 3 months back and have used it everyday, it hasn't ran out yet hopefully it'll last another 3 months since it is so darn expensive. Will re purchase in shade 01.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

7 years ago

This product is rather over hyped. The colour is very good, a neutral ashy shade that works on my dark brown eyebrows. I cannot apply this to areas where there is just skin to give the illusion of thicker eyebrows, it just doesn't work - it looks like what it is - a light brown felt tip pen that has been applied to the skin. Having said that, I don't any shadow or brow product can do this. They work within the eyebrow hairs but above or below and it begins looking odd. This product would be even better if it was even lighter and it was much harder, the problem is that it can all merge together and what originally looked very light, ends up looking dark when the lines are too close together. The packaging is elegant, it is a small black plastic pen with no branding and small enough to fit in a clutch bag or jacket pocket. In summary - if you want more eyebrow hair on bare bits of skin the only item that will look natural is HAIR! It is a pity that the Talika pen with eyebrow fibres is so liquidy and uncontrollable.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

Very pricey at £20+ but is a reasonable brow pencil especially if yours are sparse. Stays on well on an oily skin. However, THE BEST product for brows I have yet found is the BEAUTIFUL BROWS POWDER used with a stencil (www.beautifulbrows.co.uk). The powder is £15 and is waterproof, for extra staying powder you could use a fixing spray over the top (the mehron one is good). This product would be good for adding definition to thicker brows right down to being used alone for ladies with very light brows or no brows (ideal for alopecia sufferers). I stock this in the salon and it sells like hot cakes!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

8 years ago

This pen is definately all hype. It is popular only because the famous makeup artist featured it on her blog. BUT I bet it was the first brow pen she encountered, had she tried CANMAKE, she would have preferred it over suqqu. The color is an ash light to medium brown. This means it has strong green tones in it. Yes, that's right even the brown has green in it. If I layer too much, I end up with a green tone. I can only layer to a medium brown which isn't dark enough for me. As far as the tip is concerned, it doesn't work well. It is a thin brush, when I try to apply even the slight pressure, the tip bends just like any brush would and I lose detail and control. I received my Canmake brow pen today and it only cost $10 us dollars and it is 100X better. Read my review on it.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

I guess since we're doing the Moss Green reviews here... this is absolutely a superlative brow product. It is fantastic, absolutely the best at imitating brow hairs and stays on forever. A touch of this and a good brow gel and everything is good/nothing hurts.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I absolutely love this brow pen to bits! I have tried tons of long-lasting brow pencils and nothing has been even close to this. I have black hair so I use moss green (its not really green, probably a translation thing) its more of a very pale black, but its not grey - hard to explain! I have super sparse eyebrows, ridiculous really, so I cannot deal with smudged brows. This is really waterproof for me, I can swim in it, sleep in it and everything in between. The longest i have tested it for is around 24 hours, working and sleeping included and it stayed up fine. It gives a great finish and looks really really natural. Unfortunately it is a bit hard to get a hold of and is a touch pricey but I've had it for ages and ages, I do try to extend the longevity by using it as a finishing touch and combining it with my shiseido brow pencil for everyday use. I use it to do a full brow about twice a week and i haven't run out yet. If you can find this and am willing to invest a few extra dollars, try it out, its such an innovative product :)

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age19-24