Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 19.90INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERYL STEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, ETHYLENE MIXED COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), KAOLIN, CHOLESTEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, LAVENDER, SANDAL WOOD, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOMERIZED LINOLEIC ACID, GERANIUM, SILICA, JASMIN, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, BISABOLOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POLYETHYLENE, ROSE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, BHT, MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, I gave this stuff a chance. My previous review was rather harsh but I hated this upon first impression. It was thick, syrup-like and gritty and orange-y and just plain messy. I left it in the tube for a few months...went back to it a few days back while I was waiting on my new holy grail (Gerda Spillmann Bio-Fond Cream To Powder Foundation.) Anyway, I tried this again because I received one of my famous intuitive pulls to do so...wow, it was so much better than my first go!

This applied smoothly and evenly, appeared to be a totally different shade and the grittiness was gone. Weird, I agree...but am happy. It seems to apply seamlessly and best using a damp beauty blender. You need to work fast though as it dries to a skin-like finish fast. I say skin-like as it is not quite matte, not quite dewy, not illuminating, not satin, it's simply like real, legitimate skin. Not like a foundation I have ever seen before. It needs no powder to set and it sets extremely fast, and lasts a long time (around 6 hours.) Blending it with concealers and liquid lights is hard to do due to the formula, but this is not important as this foundation is able to be layered to act as a concealer and be full coverage all on it's own.

The shade is actually a very close skin match for me. It's not my all time fave Gerda Spillmann, but it's a very good waterproof cover.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This will cover anything,I've never tried a foundation which such full coverage. You have to play with it a little to find the best way to apply it since it can look very cakey if you dont do it right. I did find that it changes color after a while,it oxidizes. The finish is semi-matte and it didnt cause me any breakouts or irritation or anything,since I have severe cystic acne,which it covered completly. You definately dont need any concealer when using this,and it'll last you forever! A little amount goes a looong way. The tube lasted me for about a year and a half of using it almost every day.
Is not a bad foundation by any means,but its not the best one either,the only reason I would recommend this is if you need some SERIOUS coverage,like severe acne,scarring or vitiligo. Because this foundation does look like your wearing makeup,it doesnt look natural,and the finish is not the best.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It is ok but nothing special. I get oily after few hours and it sets in my pores so I look older and my wrinkles are more noticable. Looks a bit cakey on me.

UPDATE: I bought sigma f80 foundation brush and I stopped using my elicina plus as moisturiser and now it is perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I first bought this 13 years ago, after reading an article by a celebrity make-up artist saying that this makes a good concealer. I'm 57 years old, with super oily skin, full of acne scars, red thread veins, acne, huge pores. On the plus side, I don't have a lot of wrinkles!!!

After trying countless foundations, I realised that I must use full coverage, but oil free & long lasting, as my skin is so oily. So far, the best foundation for me is Estee Lauder Double Wear full coverage. If I use Maximum Cover as my main foundation, it looks too thick & shows up my aged skin too much. However, It's my favourite concealer! Normal concealers do nothing for me. They either don't cover my scars, veins & acne or they slide off after one hour. The Double Wear Maximum Cover has been perfect for me as a concealer which I use after putting on the Double Wear Foundation. I use a light colour, even though if I was to use this as a full foundation, I'd choose medium. It can highlight wrinkles under my eyes, so I make sure I moisturise well then pat it on. I use it to cover the red veins around my nose & my acne. Even when my acne is awful, using this coverage looks better than not coving the acne at all. Afterwards, I use a good quality fine powder. Cheaper powders make me look cakey; quality powder makes me look airbrushed.

I gave this 4 lippies because it does wear off around my thread veins & acne after a few hours (I'm SOOO OILY!), but I carry it in my bag & re-touch. It blends in very well when re-touched. I even use it on areas where the foundation has started to fade, like my nose & chin. One tube lasted me years, but it's used as a concealer instead of a foundation.

Use this product after your primer & foundation, then PAT over the areas you need to cover. finish with a fine powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have bad acne scars from years of bad breakouts, so when on the hunt for a good full coverage foundation someone recommended this to me. The coverage is great - a little goes a long way and they have a perfect match for my skin. BUT it rubs off all over everything, even with a good primer and setting spray. I have been tempted to buy the double wear stay in place and use that and build coverage to see if it does the same thing. I love this foundation, but that is a really big complaint. Don't think I would buy again due to that issue.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in love with this foundation!

If you are looking for a matte/full coverage/long-wearing foundation this is the one.

My skin: VERY Oily, large pores, lots of redness.

I was so afraid of trying this foundation, I thought it would look like a mask, but it blends like a dream with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Very long-wearing. I put it on at 8:00AM and it still looks good at the end of the day. I do get a little shiny and I blot once or twice during the day, but I expect that because my skin is SUPER oily. If you have normal/combination skin it will look flawless all day. If you have dry skin make sure you exfoliate and moisturize so it doesn't enhance dry spots. You need very little to cover your whole face. It sets quick so you need to blend fast.

I wear 2W2 Rattan and is a perfect match. For reference I'm NW20 on MAC foundations.

Edit 7/29/2016
I rediscovered this foundation recently and OMG! Is like Photoshop in a tube.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Let me first say that I have weird skin. I can have a minor breakout and deal with hyper pigmentation from it for months. I have dark marks on my face that will usually only go away with color correcting, which will often times make your face suuuuuper cakey. I also have skin that produces so much oil, eyeliner on my waterline ends up raccoon-ish after about two hours. I love the normal double wear because it stays put on my oily skin and it covers a lot without me having to color correct. Now THIS stuff is heaven sent. I don't use it as a foundation because I love my double wear but as a concealer on top it's magical. I got a sample of it and that little jar is lasting me so long!! I'm definitely purchasing this foundation as soon as I get to a Macy's it's literally the best concealer I've ever used. I've stuck with Mac studio finish for years but it slides off my face when I get oily. This will replace that bad bay. Expensive but hey, it's your face. Highly recommend if you have some serious covering up to do!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best foundations I have at the moment (and I have so many, I lost count...)
I am 38 and have hormonal acne. Unfortunately, only the pill works (and that of course, when I am taking it, after the course is over, the acne is back) and a few months ago I decided to go back to prescription medication (Duac cream) to get my skin sorted.
This foundation is a saviour. I don't know what I would do without it! It covers really-really well, absolutely everything and you don't even need a concealer. OK, it does sit on pores, but if you ask me, it's doing exactly what it says it will (cover all blemishes) and that's all I need to know.
I have shade 3W1 (Tawny) for my NC35 skin, and it's slightly on the cooler side (the next one up was way too dark) but if you use a good powder on top (like Mac's loose powder in NC30) it balances the colour. I usually wear it with Clinique's blended face powder (another winner for matte skin) and it stays flawless ALL day.
To be honest, I use this foundation when I know I have a long day and I don't want to worry too much about my foundation! I have also tried Vichy's dermablemd which is good for coverage too, but somehow the EL shade is slightly better. Frankly, it's a bit on the heaby side, but it really bootst my confidence when I am wearing it, I really feel good! I will definitely re-purchase this once I run out, it's a real winner.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all of the great reviews on this product, I HAD to try it. I went to the EL counter and the woman who helped me was wonderful, she let me know that the color selection was limited, but they are going to release more colors very soon (good news for those who reviewed and said not enough color choices!) I found a perfect match though with Creamy Vanilla. It covered up my acne scars and redness PERFECTLY! This is a VERY full coverage foundation. She let me know that it is important to be moisturized well because it does cling to dry patches if you have drier skin. I have oily skin so I don't really have that problem. So this is my first day of wearing it with my regular skincare routine all done beforehand (cleanser and moisturizer with SPF), and I am loving it so far. A little bit really does go a long way. I put the tiniest amount on the back of my hand and applied it with a foundation brush. It goes on like paint, but it doesn't feel heavy. I agree with the other reviewers that you should also put on some bronzer/blush because it evens out your face so much, you need to add some dimension back. It's been about 2 hours and I am still perfectly matte. I will update as the day goes on, but I have high hopes!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely swear by this foundation! If used wrong it can look Cakey though. I would say I'm an NC17 and 01 Ivory is a perfect match for me. One thing to mention though is YOU HAVE TO WEAR PRIMER/MOISTURISER BEFORE APPLYING for a smooth application. I use a mat tidying biore sunscreen as my skin is super oily. I use my real techniques stippling brush with this. On the seas where I need less coverage I buff it in, but on blemishes definitely stipple it in. I am super oily so I do have to blot after like 4/5 hours, but if you have normal skin, you wouldn't need to set the foundation with a powder. Overall, as someone with acne, I would for sure recommend to those with acne - I don't need to use a concealer with this which is perfect!