NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 4/22/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am around an NC20 (no perfect MAC shade but the closest I can identify with) with neutral tones. Sex Appeal appears to be a soft light peach with slight pink tones. As some others have expressed, I too cannot get this blush to show up on my skin well. It gives the *slightest* hint of (orangey!) peach on me.The problem is that the blush is not finely milled and ends up looking chalky and cakey on my skin because I have to pack it on in order to show. Because of that, I can't even build up to the intensity that I would like as the blush is too powdery and chalky in texture. If you're lucky enough to have this show up true to colour on your skin, I'd imagine it would look like a really pretty flush of matte light peach. Unfortunately for me it was a waste of money. I just get an orange chalky mess. Very disappointed considering the price.

on 4/15/2012 5:14:00 PM

The reviews for this are really shocking to me. I have very fair skin and light, peachy blushes are my favorite. I can't wear very pigmented colors without them looking clowny.

That said, this was completely useless. It was almost invisible and if anything just made my skin look chalky. I don't understand by any means how this could be a blush, and it doesn't have any qualities to really be used as a highlighter or luminizer of any sort either. It was much too expensive to be so disappointing. I have never returned anything to Sephora, but I have been eyeing this one for about a year now thinking it might be the first to be so horrible that I could justify exchanging it. This was my first NARS blush, and judging by the extreme fan base, I am sure I could find another that I liked better - but this didn't leave my hopeful. Additionally, I am not really impressed with the NARS packaging. I like the aesthetic they are going for, but the rubbery material gets dull and dirty-looking very quickly. It ends up looking kind of old and worn next to other sleeker packaging. Not a huge issue, but for the price, they should improve it IMO.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I couldn't agree with the view below any more! I'm an NC20 and sex appeal looked so gorgeous in the pan, a peach based pink. However it does not show up on my skin at all. By the time I layer it on it looks cakey and blotchy, giving only a slight hint of peach. The blush is chalky in texture and just does nothing for me. Such a shame seeing how pretty it is in the pan and how expensive it was!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very disappointed in this. I just can't get this to show up on my skin at all, it's just far too pale and kind of chalky looking. Absolutely useless blush unless you are snow white.

Up for swap it goes!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I cannot get myself to like this blush. I have tried it when I was an NC15/20, NC25 and NC30/35. It does NOT show up at all. It just gives a chalky appearance, and once I have about 3 packed on layers on, I get a very slight light orangey-peach colour which is not flattering in the slighest. So annoyed I spent so much money on this. No pigmentation whatsoever and the texture isn't nice either.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

chalky finish. I'm NC15/20 and this shows up a baby peach pink on me, which is nice, however the finish is very chalky. i wouldnt reccomend this for darker than nc25 tones, it would look ashy and unnatural with the chalky texture

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reminds me of one of those lighter boxed powders from Benefit, like Dandelion or Georgia Peach. Super light.

on 11/3/2010 12:18:00 PM

Say NO to Sex Appeal!! This pale pink (NOT peach) blush is INVISIBLE. Seriously SERIOUSLY!!! In the pan, this looks like my dream blush. I love soft pale pink colors. But after a heavy handed swatch; and another; and another --- I discovered that this blush has no pigment. No chalkyness, nothing. It's just invisible.

Save your money!!

I went to Sephora today to see if they had the new Holiday Nars collection and was shocked to see it was finally there! The Sex Appeal blush looks so amazing in the pan. Definitely had a soft, warm peach vibe going on and I couldn't wait to test it out as soon as I saw it. I'm pretty white, probably close to porcelain, and so I thought, "Hey, this blush is bound to work on me!"

I tried it on.

One word: Invis-o-blush

Followed by: Waste-o-money

I love Nars blushes but this one was disappointing for me. If I put too little it barely shows up and then if I use more of it it doesn't have that nice light look. So for me this is not buildable and for the price not worth the color.