Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the BEST cheap dark red I've found. The color on me is gothy, but not overly so. I've found applying some chapstick and leaving it on for a few minutes to absorb and then applying is the best way to do use it otherwise it can be a little patchy. Like most Wet'n'Wild colors it has a great color payout and lasts for a long time.

on 2/28/2017 11:32:00 AM

Perhaps it's me and my application, but I don't think this is even worth the $2 that I spent on it. The color is beautiful, but the application is patchy and stiff, and spreads very unevenly. Tried using it with a balm to the same effect, except even patchier and with added gummy texture. It rubs off in weird spots after taking 2 sips of a drink and needs constant reapplication. The tip doesn't fully retract into the tube so taking the cap off and on nicks it and causes a huge mess. Perhaps if I was doing all the steps (exfoliating, moisturizing, priming, blah blah blah) it would be better but honestly I am not a beauty YouTuber and don't have the time for all that every hour of every day, and I think lipsticks should be at least serviceable on their own. I will try other colors but this one is not doing it for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous color. Perfect burgundy red. Love the matte effect. Wears evenly. Nothing bad to say about it. Would look great on everyone.

Usually I stick to red lipsticks by MAC or Urban Decay, I think I've probably purchased every red shade by those two brands. I don't even wear them a lot, unless I'm going out to a party or special occasion.
Then I read a really fun review on makeupalley on Wet n' Wild's lipstick in "Rose Bud" and that review convinced me to go try it out, what was there to lose but $2? And it was an amazing decision, I ADORE that lipstick and wear it almost every day. Just a perfect color. Then I thought, maybe I should experiment with more colors? Maybe I'll find something else that's flattering? Enter "Cherry Bomb". Now this is my vampy color and it suits me really well, pulls the whole look together and makes my teeth really white too. I'm so glad I took a chance on this, super pretty and flattering.

I am obsessed with "a pop of color" on the lips, as the girls say. So I wanted to try it out without spending a lot. In comes wet n wild with a buy one get one 50% sale, so I bought a bunch of bright colors. I love that I only spent a dollar on this but wish it would have worked better on me. The color is super dark almost purple. My problem is the formula though. It is mega dry and was hard to evenly spread out....

on 2/16/2016 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I prefer wearing a sheer reddish-plum shade as my everyday color. It seems to look more natural on me that so-called "nude" shades, because even though I have fair skin, my olive undertones and brown hair just look better with a deeper lip color.

Cherry Bomb gives me the look I want when worn as a sheer stain with lip balm.
I moisturize my lips with lip balm, blot the lip balm, then rub in a layer of Cherry Bomb, and blot until perfect. The purple and brown undertones make it the perfect shade for a natural-looking stain anytime of year.

I don't usually wear it full strength but it's a really beautiful color either way.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I decided that I needed a vampy plum shade for the fall that would compliment my very pale skin. I had tried Revlon's Black Cherry and found it patchy, so I wanted something different but in a similar color.

This lipstick is, without a doubt, my holy grail vampy lipstick! The shade is a gorgeous deep plum wine with cool undertones that looks perfect with my skin tone. It's a beautiful plum color if applied in one coat and then deepens to a true wine color with a second coat. The formula is creamy, especially considering that it is a matte product. It doesn't really smell like anything and the staying power is quite impressive; I usually get about three or four hours out of it unless I'm eating or drinking. It can make your lips dry, but that's nothing a coat of lip balm before application can't fix. Be sure to exfoliate your lips before applying.

My only complaint would be the packaging; it's a little flimsy and the clear cap highlights any stains from the lipstick inside.

Not only is this a great product for the price, but it is a great lipstick for anyone who wants a stunning vampy wine shade!

I often have trouble finding deep shades that compliment my fair skin.
I have been using this lipstick for a while, and they also carry my favorite nude color called Bare It All.
Cherry Bomb works really well with my porcelain skin tone.
It's a rich, burgundy red with a cooler undertone and a matte finish.
I love the formula. It amazes me how pigmented and longwearing these lipsticks are.
The only complaints I have about the product are minor ones.
It can be a little drying to the lips, but nothing a coat of chapstick beforehand can't fix.
And, the cap seems to come off pretty easily, which is an annoyance, but you don't really pay for packaging with this product.
Overall, this is a great product, and probably my favorite from drugstores.

on 12/20/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Holy cow - what a beautiful deep burgundy wine/red. This is perfect for the holidays - I love that a light layer is still darker than your traditional red, but multiple layers looks so bold and vampy. (As I mentioned in my previous review of 'In The Flesh' MegaLast) I think Cherry Bomb and ITF look great mixed together on the lips. I love this formula and it really does stay on well and matte. This color seemed to be sold out at almost every Walgreens I went to until I finally found this and snatched it up. Excellent price and quality.

on 12/16/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love the formula of these. They are pigmented, smooth, and very matte. However they don't make me feel like my lips are flaky and disgusting. I would recommend putting on a lip balm beforehand if you feel like you need it. The only complaint I have is the packaging. The cap easily comes off and the lipstick doesn't go all the way down the tube so when you go to close it, lipstick gets all over the cap. The formula is so great though and that's why I keep buying it.

Popular Lipsticks