Sigma F80 - FLAT KABUKI-BRUSH

4.5

I used this brush for three years now. I used to love it because it was dense and applies liquid foundation very beautifully. But after two years it is shedding like crazy. I alway wash and dry at an angle so the water runs down from it, but it is still losing hair every time I wash it. It's no longer flat either because the bristles are coming out. For the price, I would hope it would last longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this brush applies my foundation beautifully, and it is great for buffing and getting into those nooks around the nose and eyes to avoid any creasing. Personally, my brush has stayed completely intact since I got it about 4 to 5 months ago despite using it almost every single day. I bought this brush as part of a set and it was a pretty decent deal (10% off your first order and I got a small gift as well). However, I hate the packaging -- it's so wasteful and unnecessary because it looks like Sigma shoves a ton of paper into a box for no reason.

To Read all 382 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I finally splurged and it was worth it! I've never seen my foundation apply so beautiful!! From my drug store to my $60 bottles it's flawless!!

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Came in a so so mesh black baggie inside the logod box.

Horrible horrible shedding 3 weeks into use. I even used a brush cleaner, and not baby shampoo like I had previously because I wanted to splurge and take care of the brushes I was 'upgrading' to. I have a target Kabuki that has held up better (years) than the flat top Sigma kabuki.

I wish I had known about any kind of warranty before I threw this brush away, but I'm not sure they were offering one at my time of purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

3.5/5 - BEST BUT ALWAYS FRAYING! I have used the F80 for about 5yrs. I have not yet found a brush that applies foundation so beautifully (the only other thing that comes close is the Beauty Blender!), so I keep repurchasing this one. However, as soon as I do find a new brush, I will probably stop purchasing the F80. The quality is appalling, especially compared to a few years ago. They fray so much and so quickly, it's ridiculous and infuriating for such an expensive brush.

This brush was absolutely my favorite for almost a year. I used it all the time and it applies foundation beautifully; however, I am sad to say that the quality isn't what I had expected. I wash my brushes regularly and always hold them down under water, but perhaps was not careful enough. It started shedding bristles a few weeks ago and then a huge chunk of bristles came out when using it. I won't be repurchasing and will have to find a new go-to foundation brush!

AWESOME! Totally worth the hype. Blends foundation like a dream. Makes my cheap drugstore foundation looks like multimillion dollars high end foundations. Now my beautyblender doesn't seem appealing :)

Seriously, if you hate your foundation, give it a second chance by applying using this brush. I used to hate my bourjois and revlon colorstay because of mask like effect it gives, even with other brushes and beautyblender. But this totally makes those foundation looks like my skin, minus the acne scars:D

I absolutely love this brush! I would never use anything else to apply foundation. Using circular motions it blends everything perfectly, you don't need too much product, only one pump,that's all. I didn't had any issues with the shredding, it cleans well, keeping it's shape. I really really love it!

I bought this initially to apply my liquid foundation, but it shed quite a lot so i felt kinda "meh" and scared in a way coz its pricey and i didnt want it to shed and get ruined so i put it away for quite a while. After a few months of it just laying there in my makeup tools bag, i happened to ran out of brushes to apply my setting powder and highlight coz they were still wet, and the only dry clean brush that was available was this one. So i thought why not give it another shot? And im glad i did!
As for application of my setting powder,it did pick up quite a lot of product but when i buffed it into my skin on top of my foundation it gave such an airbrush finish and further blurred any pores which was a pleasant surprise. Then i tried it for highlight and it gave such a beautiful result, very even and subtle but also visible lol! Im trying to describe it as best as i can.
Basically it worked flawlessly for my loose setting powder and highlight. Btw the highlight i used ws the elf baked highlighter.
I will continue to use this brush for these purposes coz for now my go to foundation brush is my zoeva 104 and i absolutely love it!!
I dont think i will repurchase this brush tho, its pricey and i dont "love" it. But i will definitely use it until however long it lasts. In the future i might wanna try it for other products such as bronzer or blush even tho im not so sure. If i do i'll put up an update. Hope this helped!

For years this was my go to foundation brush. I had two F80 brushes for about 5 years that was until I moved. I believe I purchased them in 2010 and from my email receipt it looks like I only paid $16 each.

When I moved one of my boxes of makeup stuff got lost, I was originally going to try and take my makeup stuff on the subway with me or via taxi to move, but decided to pack it. WORST DECISION EVER as a FYI in case any of you are planning on moving. Hand carry/drive/taxi/uber with your makeup!

Anyway, the box I lost contained most of my makeup brushes and some palettes. I put in a claim with the moving company and got $250 for that box, even though I claimed closer to $1k. I used that claim money and then some of my bonus to placed around a $500 order on Sigma a few months ago. I hadn't ordered from them in a few years. I was shocked to see how much the prices have gone up on all of their brushes especially this one. I paid $24 each for this brush. What?! That is 50% more than what I originally paid. I get inflation, but that's crazy. However, this is my favorite brush so I bit the bullet and got two.

I noticed right away I felt a difference in how the brushes felt on my face, not as dense maybe? The makeup application looked the same, but I felt like these weren't the same. One of my brushes also started to shed after the first washing. Then after the 3rd washing chunks of bristles started to come out. I took a picture and contacted sigma. They do have great customer service and sent me a new one out that I received within a few days. Now that I have had the brushes for a few months and have deep cleaned them around a dozen times I notice each time I loose a few hairs. Never used to happen with my old brushes. I use the same cleaning method too.

In my opinion the quality has gone down, price has gone up.

Popular Makeup Brushes