Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub

Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-4, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I had a terrible skin reaction to this product. I have never had a reaction before. Broke out in a red rash that has taken day's to recover. It's has been a week and it's still there a red patch. I think it's the nano-particles got in my skin and caused a reaction. I would love to post a photo if this program would have allowed it.

I heard on the news these nano beads are plastic and don't get caught in the city drain because it's so tiny and we end up ingesting the plastics in our water.

I wished the FDA and EPA just wouldn't allow products that are banned in other countries to be sold in the USA. I should have known better than be swept away because of the pretty packaging.

We really need to be careful of the products we choose to put on our face. Back in the 1920's women used to put arsenic on their faces to remove the red blood cells that gave them the pretty red glow.

I would have thought we made some progress since then but, I don't know. Anyone research make up on Environmental Working Group?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like the scent but I didn't get the feeling this was a particularly good exfoliator, most 2-in-1 products don't seem to work well and neither does this one, I prefer to use two separate products. Nothing bad about it but nothing special either. I didn't like the packaging that much, I dropped it in the shower and the lid broke so I can't close the bottle anymore.

on 10/4/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this product! I purchased it at Dollarama for 3$ which was awesome. It came in the big size. It cleans really well, leaves my skin soft and works as a great shaving gel. I wouldnt really say it exfoliates well, as it is more of a body wash consisentcy. Nothing about it makes it really WOW but its pretty good

on 5/29/2014 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is just.... meh. I love coconut scented anything, and I was looking for an exfoliant due to the fact that I have these odd dry skin patches all over my arms. So I figured an exfoliant will help. Well it didn't really, I just think maybe this one is too weak or something. It feels nice, and I really like the smell, as stated already, but I haven't noticed a difference in my skin at all. So for that reason, I think i'll see if I can find something else.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought Softsoap coconut scrub body butter body buff two days back , I used it for my shower yesterday . after 4 hours small itchy patches started at the back of my ears and it spread all over my body and with in hours I had severe allergy reaction on my face , ears , neck, chest, hands and back . it is very itchy , patches and my face ,ears swollen and my my eye lids swollen and now I am not able to open my eyes properly and even in my nostrils I can feel itchy and rash .... I am nursing mom and I called my family physician and she adviced to take Claritin but it got worse after 3 hrs , immediately I rushed to my doctor she gave cleritin and Pepcid 10 mg two tablets at a time and I took one dosage still not getting better . its so itchy swollen face, eyes, ears, hands so it may take 3 to 7 days to get back to normal ....

so please read the ingredients before using this product and check whether it suits ur skin or not before using , this is my advice to everyone ,,,,,

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I only bought this because it was on sale for about $2.50. I liked the coconut scent, but after using it I noticed another weird (I'm assuming its banana, after reading reviews) scent. I'm actually impressed with the exfoliating bits in this because generally body washes that claim to be exfoliating, aren't at all. This lathers nicely, and while using it in the bath I noticed it made a lot of bubbles. The only thing I don't like about this is it's quite drying on my skin. I expected it would be moisturizing because of how creamy it is.. but when I got out of the shower my skin felt very "squeaky" clean & it was in desperate need of lotion (I don't have super dry skin, either). I'll use it up, but probably in conjunction with a body oil.

The yummiest smelling body wash EVER!! I use it every morning, and it makes me feel good just from smelling it. It is not a "real coconut scent" - it smells more like coconut frosting or some kind of delicious sweet baked good.. When used with a luffa or bath towel, it can be quite exfoliating - but not to the point where you can't use it everyday.

I was hesitant to try this out at first because I think of Softsoap as a soap only brand - but I am so glad I did! Oh, and the price is awesome too!

on 6/7/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this in rotation with Softsoaps Heavenly Vanilla bodywash or whenever my skin needs some extra exfoliation.

*Scent-Yummy beachy coconut!! (My fave scent ever!!)

*The exfoliating beads are pretty gentle but get the job done imo,my skin feels decently buffed and soft after using this. This lathers up good with it being a exfoliating bodywash (I've noticed most don't in general but this one really does)

I will keep using this as long as they keep making it =D

For a drugstore body wash this is my go to! It smells amazing and it does what its supposed to do. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and no complaints <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A friend gave me this because she is allergic to apricots and the exfoliating beads in this are made from apricot kernels. I was happy to receive it because I was out of body scrub at the time. To me it smells like Softsoap hand soap with a bit of banana thrown in. Not a bad scent but I don't pick up any coconut at all. It does the trick when it comes to exfoliating, esp. my arms and feet where the skin is the most dry. It's not overly drying to my skin but it isn't that moisturizing either. I may or may not buy this after I run out. I prefer a gentler body scrub but this is cheap and a decent product so it would do in a pinch.

Popular Gels/Soaps