Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 8/8/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this a year or so ago, so if they've reformulated, this may not apply:

I watch a lot of TV, and I pay attention to characters that remind me of me--over 55, wanting to look polished but not glam, and I love it when MUAs working with those ladies share product info. So...this one character I follow is late 50s, professional authority figure in a male-centric environment. Many tweets asking "what IS that lippie??" revealed that it was Mademoiselle.
(FYI, I'm not a silly fangirl--this actress has the fair, fair coloring and medium brown hair like I do so I figure there's some useful info to be had there).

Mademoiselle wasn't very eye-catching at the Chanel counter, which is kind of the point. It's a soft mauvey-rose that almost edges into a light brick but doesn't quite get there. It shows a little darker than MLBB, which on me is a good thing. My teeth look whiter even though I don't detect any blue undertones. The formula is pretty hydrating--I love glosses but it's moisturizing enough so I don't feel like I needed. The texture makes me not think about my lipstick, which is ideal, IMHO. Professional and not fussy.

It does transfer quite a bit onto glasses and cups; it fades evenly with wear. And the color and formula is such that applying without a mirror is very workable.

Cons are it is pricy, in the $30 range, and the packaging, while a very elegant Chanel look, has a bottom label that wears off the lettering after a year of being carried around, making it tricky if you've got more than one of this line.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A recent acquisition.....My fave lipstick I own! I've recently changed my look revamped it some to look more age appropriate (I'm almost 40), Chanel has been a huge help w that. I traded in MAC St Germain brights for a more conservative look. St Germain is fresh to death but im a sucker for MLBB shades & also browns/nudes. Btw I've got 2 Chanel quads, 1 quint, 2 illusion d'Ombre e/s, mascara, 2 lipliners, 12 lipglosses, & 4 lipsticks by Chanel which helps my new "look" tremendously. I've found that Clinique Beauty, Nars Dolce Vita & even MAC Brick o La are very similar but there is something special about this lipstick. I like to wear this lipstick w some Chanel e/s & maybe a bit of brown eyeliner (still working on my tight lining game), mascara, brows all the rest & this lipstick is AWESOME! There are no words. I agreed w a reviewer way down below who said it was like crossing a threshold going from DS to MAC well it's another threshold into luxury makeup "Chanel" I paid $37USD for this lipstick. Yanno what is annoying me to no end is I got just an iPhone no computer & Chanel.com the orders always cack so I end up calling them. And Dillards makes u have the desktop version to browse Chanel nothing I can do there same w Sephora they carry some of the perfumes too I think but I can't display it again coz a janky desktop is necessary to view! Ugh! They are missing out on selling me something, my main source of Chanel is Macys.com but anyways this lipstick is lif altering a total game changer. I've never seen the print ad for this w Vanessa Paradis but if you want grown lady makeup get Chanel. My look is evolving quick coz Chanel colors are never garish always classy. This lipstick on me looks like a brick muted red. I love it! A bit of brownish added to the mix. I'm not sure what lipliner suits this lipstick. It's very long lasting finish satiny comfortable on the lips. If you're only able to afford ONE Chanel product I suggest this little gem! It has served me very well. It can be a day color or turn up the smokey eye dial & it will take you into night looks. I can't help feeling Parisian chic when I wear Chanel. And I love having a bit of luxury in my life who doesn't?! The lipstick's packaging is TDF & the satisfying Chanel "click" makes my heart glad & sing. YOLO!! My favest lipstick I'm going to def repurchase more colors & if this got lost I'd replace it immediately I'm beginning to think I may need a backup! Eek $37USD is a lot of money to me. My possessions are come by very dearly for me so when I spend $40 bucks I have to be satisfied & happy w it or it'd go back! I got this on a blind buy, told my father to buy it for me for Valentine's Day which he gave me this lipstick as an early gift I was so beyond thrilled hard to describe the joy. This lipstick would suit any coloring/complexions. A solid quality product.

on 1/1/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I finally graduated to Chanel lipstick today, for the 1st time in my 39 years! Put it off for a long time, using any and all other brands :) The Chanel beauty expert suggested this color, as I showed her a Bobbi Brown color I'm close to finishing up. I'm in love! I can finally say my hunt for and search for the perfect l/s is over. I get tired of stockpiling colors, brands and formulas that don't really work on me and feel that I've wasted too much money. Better to spend 40 USD on a Chanel l/s (gorgeous product and packaging) vs. 40 dollars on a collection of lippies that I will barely use! ABOUT this l/s, the other reviewers perfectly describe it. It is a very worthwhile splurge if you love lipstick, want a hydrating/not too glossy/long-lasting elegant l/s.

on 12/22/2015 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick. It's my first Chanel lipstick, as I normally wear Chanel gloss. However, this lipstick is such a nice universal color, that seems like it would be flattering on lots of skin tones. It's very moisturizing and I didn't find that it dried my lips out at all. It's not a matte lipstick, thankfully, as I hate matte lipstick on me. I will definitely repurchase this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Chanel Mademoiselle has been reformulated!!!! I am so sad/disappointed :( This rating is for the original formula.

So the entire rouge coco line has been overhauled. The formula is supposedly longer lasting and has more shine. If you are expecting to get the color from the original ads with Vanessa Paradis, I'm sorry to say that you will have to look elsewhere. The new version is more muted brown beige. Nothing like the original.

I know I can always look for a dupe of the original but I was really hoping to repurchase mademoiselle as it was the one color I wore daily during my college days. It makes me nostalgic. The original shade was an extremely versatile and flattering rosy brown lippie with reddish undertones that I could wear day and night. It had a timeless feel to it and complemented my olive skin.

I'm going to look for dupes or try to hunt down the original. Chanel has made a serious error with this one! Ah well. But still, I'll always have fond memories of mademoiselle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I tried this when it first came out, Vanessa Paradis had a lovely ad for it, and that was the shade on my lips. I test drove it a few times, each time thinking it's a gorgeous shade. Wears off evenly, looks sheer and feminine with a warm pinky peachy nude glow to it. Brightened my face but no Chanel in my city, and when I go to Vancouver I am busy. Fast forward to a cruise on Celebrity Solstice and a lovely display of Chanel lippies including Mademoiselle. I finally had time and wanted to buy. So I tried it again, and the colour has changed or something. It looks like MUD! Have they changed the colour formula? So sad, I didn't buy it. It was greyish taupe in the tube and just muddy on me. Oh well, another lemming bites the dust.

I did actually buy a lipstick, and it's a dupe for what I remember about Mademoiselle and it's Beauty FA by Clinique in their long last line. Very moisturizing just as I remember Chanel was. Aboard the ship it was 16$ US, 19$ Canadian compared to the astronomical price of Chanel.

on 7/17/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE: If you love this shade but don’t want to splurge on Chanel, or if Mademoiselle turns too orange on you, try Clinique Chubby Stick in 20 Jumbo Jasmine.

Some time ago I tried this on because I loved how it looks in the ads, the perfect neutral rose with a bit of mauve and just a little a bit of peach, and very brightening. Unfortunately on me it turns quite peachy orange so I didn’t want to spend so much for something I already have. But I really wanted to find something that would give me that kind of shade on my lips. It is very moisturizing, it won’t replace a lip balm but if you don’t have any problems with dry lips this will be enough. To be honest I like the case of Rouge Allure a bit more than this, also because I love everything that “clicks” and this is a bit too classic.

on 6/21/2015 10:01:00 AM

This was my first Chanel purchase and I think these are my favourite lipsticks.

The colour I feel is quite neutral, but not a nude or 'your lips but better'. I wear this to work almost every day and it is now my 'signature' colour.

The product it's last very well, isn't AT ALL drying, in fact it's the only lipstick that I don't need to wear with a lip balm.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This lipstick takes me back to high school and my favorite, long discontinued Lancome Brun Rose lipstick. For me this is a very 90s color, a brownish rosy shade on me.

Four lippies because the texture is slightly drying, but other than that it is a nice color. However, the dryness may be the tradeoff for the fact that this has good staying power for a chanel- it lasts me until about lunch. Glad this type of shade is coming back into fashion.

I love this lipstick...the color is a great that works with my very fair skintone...but my tube isn't manufactured properly & the gold part comes off with the lid, leaving me with only white plastic! Oh and I found an EXACT DUPE of this: Make Up For Ever color N9 (copper pink)!! I have both & they are identical in color, shade & texture! Go figure? I guess I'm taking one back...