no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I am very pale, and this shade works well for me. I have cool toned skin, and lips that are naturally fairly deep pink. On me Tobago is a nice, shimmery, slightly warm beige. Layering it over NARS Outsider lipstick makes a beautiful, muted shimmery brown-coral--but both colors also work well on their own. This is the first NARS lipstick I've had that does have that odd "old crayon" smell other reviewers have mentioned. That scent fades almost immediately on application, but it is pretty strong on the lipstick itself.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

12 years ago

My SIL owns this one and swears by it; I think it is really suited to cool-toned complexions like hers, even though the NARS site describes it as a "warm taupe/grape". I am a warm-toned PPP and it makes me look like I'm headed to the coroner. A very, very cool gray/mauve/brown with silver frost. I suppose if you counter its ghoulish effects with a bright blush and eyeshadow, it would be OK... but my litmus test for a good lippie is that it looks okay all by itself. It's a pretty concept, just doesn't work for me. I do have to admit that I think every NARS product I've ever tried was an under-performer. The packaging is cool, the colors are gorgeous, but the formulas suck.

About reviewer (420 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

12 years ago

This is quite possibly my HG lipstick. Something about the color goes really well with my extremely cool fair skin and greenish blue eyes. This lipstick goes really well with MAC's Naked Rose lip liner. It also looks pretty with Butterfield 8 lip laquer over it.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily

EyesBlue

2.0

12 years ago

I have nonpigmented lips, and this just looked too brown and blah on me, though I can see how it would look good on someone with pinker lips. Also, even for a sheer lippie, this has NO staying power or pigment. Up for swap!

About reviewer (732 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3.0
from

12 years ago

After reading all the hype in beauty mags and seeing that it was a bestseller on Sephora, I was so excited to finally splurge on a NARS lipstick. I tried on a few shades including the legendary Dolce Vita (way too orange on me) and finally settled on Tobago. The color is quite pretty, a MLBB with depth. But the formula leaves something to be desired. It's drying (on me) and doesn't last. It's disappointing because I had high expectations for such an expensive l/s.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

12 years ago

So so. Will keep just because it is too much hassle to return but if I would have tried in this store, I would not have purchased it. I am cool toned, green eyes, dark brown hair. I've managed to make it look better when pairing it with the Marnie lip liner and some light pink gloss.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesGreen

12 years ago

NARS lipsticks in general are my idea of a perfect lipstick and this is one of my favorites colors (Masai is the other.) This has a little more punch than Masai but is still a great wear-everyday color for me. I think it would look great on anyone with fair skin and blue or green eyes.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

EyesGreen

13 years ago

Tobago is a color that just makes me look and feel classy. It is one of the ONLY lipsticks my husband ACTUALLY LOVES on me (he hates when I wear obvious makeup i.e. red lipstick, blue eyeshadow) (The other NARS lipstick color he likes is "Kiss" but since it is metallic-y he prefers I wear that one at night) I tried Tobago lipstick on he was like WOW that's a GREAT color on you, he liked it so much he didn't even care about the price - that alone should say it all.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

13 years ago

Tobago is such an elegant little product. The packaging looks great--sleek and sophisticated. And the color itself is very unique, subtle, and classy. I discovered it about six months ago, when I was looking for a sheer MLBB. I loved it in Sephora, but I was a little disappointed when I got home. It seemed more "purple" under natural light, and I was convinced I needed something more pink. I set it aside, but couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. Cut to six months later, my DH and I come back from a wine-tasting trip. I admired the way red wine stained my lips and was inspired to recreate the look. I remembered Tobago, and voila! It was perfect! A soft, faintly purple tint that looks amazing at night. Wearing it makes me feel romantic and different from the legions of nude-lippie-clones out there.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

from

13 years ago

#1 favorite, HG, wear all year color. I'm a NC20ish, golden blonde, green eyes. I wear this in winter when I'm at my palest, in summer when I'm tan (from self tanner), with full on m/u (the whole works), or with just a little mascara. I even use it in a pinch as blush. This works for every look for me. It's a rosy brown with a bit of mauve shimmer, looks weird in the tube but perfect on.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinOther