Lime Crime Candyfuture Lipstick - All Shades

Lime Crime Candyfuture Lipstick - All Shades

2.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i love lime crime. i'm a lime crime whxre. seriously. it's like, the best. i just hated the last batch of these lipsticks. i bought their last stock in mint to be and new yolk city for reaaaaally cheap.
i ended up having to melt down both lipsticks, since both of them snapped when i first used them. they were streaky and terrible, and most likely their problem was that they were old. i have other lime crime lippies in airborne unicorn and choker, and they're beautiful, pigmented, etc.so i had high expectations for mint to be and new yolk city. sad to say, they didn't live up to them at all.

on 4/6/2017 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I got two of these lipsticks last year, sadly they discontinued them. I got Mint To Be and New Yolk City. These lipsticks are very creamy and lightweight on the lips, they glide on to the lips so easily, I did not have to push down hard to get them on and they did not tug at my lips. They do not dry down fully matte so they remain very comfortable to wear throughout the day, however this does mean that they will not last all day and you will have to touch it up once or twice but I really don't mind that at all as they are quite moisturizing. The staying power is just good, you will need to touch it up after you eat and as I said you may need to give it a little touch up during the day but all lipsticks with a creamy consistency are like this, you just have to work out if you want a long lasting but dry lipstick or a lipstick that remains comfortable to wear that you need to touch up at times. Mint To Be goes on evenly and opaque in two swipes while New Yolk City can go on a little streaky but is easily fixed and Im guessing this is due to color. The tube the lipstick is in is beautiful, lilac purple with a silver holographic unicorn I love it and I love the lipsticks I just wish they still sold them.

THE COLORS

MINT TO BE - Mint Green
NEW YOLK CITY - Bright Yellow

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

(NOTE: This is a review of the PRODUCT, not a review of the company. I purchase my LC items through third parties on eBay or Amazon using gift cards or PayPal.) I have this product in Oh No She Didn't, Stiletto, and Chinchilla. While none of them are everyday, casual-friendly colors, I've worn all of them multiple times now. This is probably the creamiest, goopiest lipstick I've ever used. The scent is pleasant, but the lipstick never really sets at all. (A problem I've had with vivid colors in other brands, however.) It's like half lipgloss, half lipstick - maybe it would be better described as an uber-pigmented opaque lipgloss? The colors are the saving grace, as is so very often the case with bright lipstick. I purchased dupes for Poisonberry and Serpentina (from Cover Girl and Manic Panic) and have had better experiences with those, though they're both metallic colors, not cream. Personally, Stiletto is especially a lot of hassle - grab the Black Velvet in the Velvetines if you want a black, black lip and just put a shiny lipgloss over it for the same look. I would repurchase Chinchilla or Oh No She Didn't simply because they're too unique, but I don't think I'll be buying any additional colors.

on 3/9/2015 11:50:00 AM

Most over hyped, over priced product out there, and then the fraudulent actives that have surfaced alongside this companies completely unethical approach to business. Absolutely appalled! Stay well away beauties!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bye bye limeCRIME. The most fraudulent company to ever exist.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this lipstick. I have Coquette, and it's such a beautiful nude/neutral colour.
It really is quite pigmented and has full coverage, so it is thick and creamy. A lot of people say it is quite drying, but I don't find that to be too much of a problem. Because it is a lighter colour, I have to make sure that I exfoliate and moisturize my lips before I put it on, that really helps the product go on smoothly and look flawless.
At first I wasn't sure how it would look on my face. I have Asian skin, not meaning that i'm fair, but i'm tanned and I was skeptical, but the colour is really growing on me. The price isn't too bad, so I may or may not purchase this again. This is my first time experimenting with this kind of colour, so i'll have to wait and see.

on 1/2/2015 3:20:00 AM

I have 3 shades of this lipstick. Retrofuturist, Poisonberry & Centrifuschia. These are all easy to apply and slightly creamy. Very comfortable. They are a Lipstain mix so they aren't transfer proof but they do stain the lips. Gorgeous colours. Great packaging. I bought these on sale and are the only lipsticks i will wear as i haven't found any that are comfortable. cheaper than MAC if you are is Aus.

on 12/31/2014 2:51:00 PM

I am truly in love with the lipstick colors by Lime Crime. I got My Beautiful Rocket because I wanted a "true" orange lipstick. Those available in the market usually have a tinge of red...so I was glad to have found this.

The color is absolutely lovely - received many compliments as well. Sadly, it never fail to make my lips dry and peel after a few hours of wearing so I have to exfoliate and moisturize my lips before usage to combat the problem. I'll still be using it as often because of the fantastic colour payoff...ha!

on 12/30/2014 12:59:00 AM

UGH, this product makes me cringe. I expected this lipstick to be so creamy and glide on smoothly onto my lips, but I was wrong! This is such a drying lipstick that tugs on my lips every time i try to apply it. I have the shade babette and I look dead with this lipstick on. These lipsticks are just too overhype. Also, when I dropped my lipstick like 2 feet off the ground, the packaging broke. Even my cheap old wet n wild lipstick doesn't break when I drop it. SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT!

on 12/26/2014 8:02:00 AM

I bought this lipstick in Coquette thinking it was a very pale "blank out" nude. It's actually much, much darker than the swatch on the website and very peachy. The lipstick smells like a MAC lipstick but with a bit more of a chemically smell. I can't quite place it.
It's a very thick product and clings to every dry patch and crease in my lips. The color is very flattering on my fair skin but only lasts about 1-2 hours.
These lipsticks are not worth the nearly $20 that they cost, I can find better ones at the drugstore.