Chanel Comedia

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Chanel Comedia

4.7

on 3/4/2011 12:16:00 PM

I bought Chanel's Comedia because I was looking for a cool-toned rose shade. What it translates to on my lips is a soft (yet fairly bright) rosy coral color with the subtlest amount of shimmer. Others may swear that this is a cool-toned pink, but on me it is most definitely leaning towards peach. That's not to say that it's a bad thing - it's a gorgeous shade in its own right, just not exactly what I was looking for. I have an issue with Chanel Rouge Allure and Rouge Coco lipsticks, though. I have lipsticks from other high-end brands (Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain), but these are at the bottom in terms of moisture. They go on easily with no drag, but they seem to accentuate every lip line (I see lines I didn't even know I had!), and I definitely need a touch of gloss over top to smooth out the look and keep my lips moist. Overall, this is a gorgeous and unique shade... but that's the only reason that I would repurchase it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why this shade doesn't get more buzz! It is so absolutely gorgeous. I thought that it might look too pale on me (FFF/MMM with mauve toned lips) but it's a perfect rosy medium pink. If I go with too light of a lip I look dead and this doesn't have that affect at all. Of course the RA line is tdf, lovely light texture and good lasting power, no gross scent, no obnoxious glitter. Pure loveliness in a bullet! This shade will work with pretty much all looks.

This is a gorgeous lipstick and feels beautiful on the lips. It is a rosey pink colour, very natural for everyday wear and just brightens up the face. The lipstick is pigmented, non drying and the packaging is just exquisite (It even comes with instructions on how to open the lipstick...cute). It is expensive for a lipstick, but in Australia MAC lipsticks are $35 and I paid around the same for this lipstick so it isn't so bad considering all its positives. It is a luxurious lipstick and I would highly recommend this to anyone, it's long wearing, doesn't have any slip, doesn't accentuate fine lines, doesn't feel heavy on the lips, looks like your natural lips but so much better and leaves a beautiful sheen and not at all frosty. I would buy this lipstick over and over again but I'll most likely never run out of it. Definitely a great first Chanel lipstick to own if you don't own one already.