Lancome Rouge Sensation in Mars

No Image

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the sexiest reds I've tried. I'm dirty blond with whiter than white skin and dark green eyes, the contrast this lipstick creates is fantastic. I don't really need much other makeup when I wear it. It seemed over the top in the tube, but it really works. The photos I took wearing Mars, and a simple black outfit, were really flattering. I'm not sure why a coppery shade would work so well with my obviously cool coloring, but it does.

on 2/24/2010 1:57:00 PM

On me this is a very pretty coppery brick red. Bolder than MAC's Luv & Lust, as it is a little darker and a little frostier. The frost is NOT over the top. This is a great color for summer with a tan. I wear it a lot at night, not quite as much during the day.

on 5/14/2006 3:58:00 PM

I have purchased this lipstick on and off for the last ten years or so. It is a beautiful,magnetic reddish color, but it makes my lips look so pretty (I am a brunette). It has always been one of my favorites, and I'll always come back to it, after I keep trying new products.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

can this be??? a RED lipstick that actually didnt clash on me??? i think i found it!!!!! im an MMM w/ yellow undertones,C40/C5 and i usually have the hardest time finding the perfect red shade for me (its coz i HATE reds!)....recently,i found a perfect red lipgloss and it was lancome star gloss in "divine"...this comes off as a bronzey red...not clownish...not overwhelming...just RIGHT...i love the formula for lancome's l/s but i am not too fond of the rosey scent...but since i have the hardest time finding a red shade for me.....and now i did....i would definitely cough up $21 for this!!! *UPDATE* vs "ruby slippers" is better & cheaper

on 1/8/2004 11:49:00 PM

Great color -- very special. Bronze-y red. Reminds me of Flair by Nars, but a little lighter and less to the berry side. Got it as a gift with purchase then had to re-purchase when I ran low (when my kid wrecked it in the tube!).

I like this color, it is a peachy, warm goldish color. It is nice for a natural yet classy look. Nice texture and not grittiness. There is less of the Lancome floral trademark aroma. I like the case, very pretty black with some shine. The cap tends to slip off easily.

on 1/14/2003 9:50:00 AM

Gorgeous reddish bronze on me, great with a sukissed look, but definitely very warm and tons of shimmer.

Mars is a beautiful color. I wear it with Fraichelle l/l. I don't like to wear a lot of pinks, but Mars is kind of more peach/pink on me. It can almost look coral depending on the color I wear. It is also not drying. I will buy this again.

on 12/8/2002 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A beautiful reddish, bronzey shade. Looks perfect with Mars Lipliner.

OMG! I can't believe how much I like this color & everything else that came in a GWP, I normally hate the colors. If you love MAC "O" check out this color, very similar, but a little lighter & more appropriate for daytime/office use. It's also stayed on thru 2 cups of coffee, I love it!!