OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.3

I have an extremely oily T-zone area, and I mean extremely. I realise that there is no primer created that can contain the oil that my skin produces. This product gives my makeup a bit more staying power, and lasts longer than other primers I have tried. The biggest plus for me is that it stops my makeup moving around on my face and stops it from going patchy, so my foundation wears off evenly if I put this on. I had almost given up on wearing foundation before I used this product.

It controls my oil for about 2 hours, no where near 8, but I am an extreme case.

I will be buying again once I run out, and have been using it for about a month now.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This gel is awesome! It doesn't last a full 8 hours but it is pretty close to that! The scent goes away after it dries and doesn't smell that bad to begin with. I have terrible oily skin and I needed to stop breaking out. My mom bought it from the dermatologist for $43 and let me try it out. After using this stuff for only a few days I stopped having daily breakouts and my skin started to clear up. On the first day I used it, we went hiking and I sweated a ton but I did not look greasy at ALL. I thought : this is amazing! So I went on Amazon and found it for $27 and ordered it. I would totally recommend this to a friend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

As a person with oily/acne prone skin I am always on the look out for something to mattify my skin without making my skin look dry.

I always apply a tiny amount of this product after my routine in the morning, which is after all moisturisers/sunscreens but before makeup (leaving a few minutes for it to sink in before MU application).
It dries matte on my skin without making me look dry or without any tight feeling. With or without applying my mineral foundation I find I am less oily throughout the whole day, however, I find it doesn't last the full eight hours on me but it is pretty close and nothing a quick tpuch up doesn't fix.
If you want you can also apply this product ontop of makeup.

I find this product a great primer and I am about to purchase my second tube, wouldn't be without it.

I like the packaging, a simple white (toothpaste) tube. Product is easy to get out even at the end.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had high hopes this mattifier that boasted 8 hour oil-absorbing properties would be my silver bullet. Of course, it was too good to be true. OC Eight performs as well as all the other mattifiers in my arsenal, 4 hours on a not so hot and humid day, 2 if its nasty out, but nothing near 8 hours. Its also very expensive at $39. Alas, my inner, oily werewolf still rules.