Revlon Revlon Super Lustrous-Sassy Mauve

Revlon Super Lustrous - RoseVelvetSassyMauveRimmel Celeb

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I picked this up after buying blushing mauve and while I loved it's colour I found the shine of blushing/peach tones a bit much for everyday. This is darker than blushing and has minimal shine. It perfectly matches my lip colour and feels nice on the lips. I tend to use this shade in the daytime and blushing at night.

on 1/7/2017 8:14:00 PM

This is the first color that I've liked from the Super Lustrous line. It is a creme lipstick as opposed to the matte, pearl and sheer finishes in the line, and this is my favorite finish. The pearl have shimmer, the sheer are more like a tinted balm, matte are matte, but creme are just the perfect basic lipstick formulation. FRAGRANCE FREE, long lasting.

In the tube it looks similar to Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice, but it's really a tiny bit lighter and more pink (and creme as opposed to matte). The Maybelline line is not fragrance free. It suits my NC25 skin tone much better than the Maybelline lipstick. Dupe for MAC Syrup.

Other shades I've tried:
Rosewine (Creme) - better for someone with warm undertones
Blushing Mauve (Pearl) - A tad light for MLBB for NC25, and I'm avoiding all of the pearl finishes because of the 90's vibe they give. Fine for fairer women.
Blushed (Pearl) - Light for MLBB for NC25, and I don't like the pearl finishes. Fine for fairer women.
Cherry Blossom (Pearl) - Bright, deep, pink. For such a statement look, Cherries in the Snow is almost the same shade minus the pearl finish.
Cherries in the Snow (Creme) - Bright, deep, pink. I like it, but will find myself reaching for something less loud most of the time
Kissable Pink (Shine) - Light pink, would look great on fairer skinned girls, but too light for MLBB on NC25
Fuschia Shock (Shine) - Bright purplish pink. For a made up make up look, but I'd probably reach for Cherries in the Snow then anyway. Dupe for MAC Pink Poodle
Stormy Pink (Matte) - Love this as a creme blush! Too light on lips. Dupe for MAC Pink Nouveau?

Please, check out my notepad for $10 referral links to Paula's Choice and a few clothing retailers.

Edit: I also now love Mauvy Night (Creme), and Berry Smoothie (Sheer). Not too light for NC25 as some of the pink tones are, not too warm, not too purple, just a MLBB rosy mauve color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick is a very pleasant surprise to me, and has become a favorite out of all drugstore lipsticks I've ever tried. Very creamy, smooth, has a bit of sheen to it. The color can definitely be called MLBB, and is likely to look good on most people. Nice mauve shade that isn't too cool. The pigmentation is really good, and when the color fades, it fades nicely, without pulling any funky colors like some cheaper lipsticks.
The quality of the lipstick is great, no worse than MAC and many high-end lipsticks. And what I like a lot is that it has no smell and no taste.
Absolutely great. And, yes, very similar to MAC's Suryp, except it is not as sheer, not as shiny, and, I'd say, is a tiny bit warmer. Plus, you can often find it on sale up to %40 off, with makes it a great deal.

on 6/6/2015 10:40:00 AM

I really, really want to love this lipstick. It's a stunning shade, and I hunted for it for a very long time. The color is perfect and true to the bullet. However, the wear on this was less than perfect. Within 2 hours the lipstick had bunched up on the outside of my lower lip, leaving a white cast. I found this happens to me with all Revlon lipsticks unless I pat them in a thin layer over my lips which is disappointing.... this line has awesome colors but I'll have to keep looking for an HG drugstore lipstick line.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had been looking for a 'MLBB' (My Lips But Better) lipstick for a while. I had seen this and read several times that it is a dupe for..Mac's Syrup..? I also have Mac's Syrup on my wish list, but that is another time and place..;)

This, while I obviously cannot say whether or not it is a dupe, but this wore very, very nicely. I bought this and also Blushing Mauve the same day (I also will do a review for Blushing Mauve right after this).

I like both a lot, if maybe Blushing Mauve a touch better. Blushing Mauve seemed to make my lips look a little fuller, and Sassy Mauve seemed to make my lips look a little thinner (This is a cream and Blushing Mauve is a pearl, so that likely explains it). This also pulled a good deal warmer on me than Blushing Mauve (I am NC20). Any swatches of this I have seen look cool, but on me, this just pulled quite little warm. I did not have any balms or liners or anything before applying.

That all said, I still like this color..a lot. Applies like a dream and lasted through a coffee run with a friend and lasted a good 4 to 5 hours, which on me is great!! Even after 4 to 5 hours and after the coffee I could still see this slightly. Feels nd wears very comfortable on the lips. Did not turn funny colors, stayed true to color during the day, did not get gummy or funky feeling, and no smell that I could detect. Would re-purchase.

A nice natural color...Feels great and wears great!!!

on 10/25/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think the Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are some of the best out there. The formula is creamy and non drying. Sassy mauve shows up more as a berry pink color on me...perfect fall / winter shade. There's a reason these lipsticks have been around forever...they are wonderful and very reasonably priced. Love!!

on 7/15/2014 3:11:00 PM

I love all the mauve lippies in this line. they are all Mauve but with various blends of other color to give a different tone. This one leans just a bit more pink on me but not so pink as to give me the bright pink hue. Great when I need an understated lip with heavier eye color or just need something to perk up my skin tone more if I'm having an ashy day. Perfect everyday color. What I love about the lustrous line you can see the exact color of the lipstick through the top of the tube. and you don't have to rely on the somewhat sketchy color charts. All are creamy and I think are close matches for some of the higher line lippies

on 2/5/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is what i was looking for in an MLBB shade. most people think a nudy color with MLBB but I wanted MLBB shade to really be "my lips but better (if i had really naturally pigmented lips)".......
i'm nw15 and this is it for me. It's not too bright and not too light. Often pinks or mauves make my face look ruddy and dark. They just don't match me. This is the only one i've found that does because it's darker. A lot of times when I do get darker mauvey pinks it ends up being too brown. This isn't too brown. also no shimmer, thank god.

on 1/14/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my my favorite lipsticks of all time. I am honestly in shock that the Revlon lipsticks are only $5, because in my opinion they have one of the absolute best formulas! Sassy Mauve embodies it.

It is super creamy, applies smoothly and evenly, and lasts literally for hours and hours. It's really pigmented richly, so apply it lightly or dab it on. When I put this lipstick on, I NEVER have to reapply it throughout my busy day. And I'm a college student, so reapplying can be irritating. (Now, I sometimes "touch it up" anyway, just because if you're a lipstick addict, you know touching up is fun!)

The color is a perfect and lovely mauve color, it's not muted by any means, but I wouldn't call it super bright either. I think it's perfectly balanced, actually.

One of my favorite things to do with this lipstick is to pair it with other lipsticks. So basically, I end up wearing this almost every day to some extent. I love pairing it with Pink Velvet, which creates my favorite, classy, and elegant pink lip ever (and with Nars Desire blush, mascara and a little eyeliner, you have the perfect look!). I also like pairing it with Too Faced La Creme in Cinnamon Kiss..if I think I want to add a little mauve to that rosy color (and it looks great, I promise!). It's a great way of subduing a color if its too bright, or adding a little mauve to a color that looks too nude or orangey. I just put a light bit of sassy mauve on, then dab at my lips with the other color, until I reach the color I desire.

I won't ever forget my horror, when I dropped it on the bathroom floor. I literally had to go buy it as soon as I could, because my lips just didn't look the same without it! Or that one time I almost lost it in someone's car...

So if you're like me, and love mixing a couple of colors of lipstick, this is an essential ingredient to have. And if you're searching for the most beautiful mauve color, look no further!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! It suits my skin color so well! It is like a nice purple/pink mauvy color. I can honestly wear this everyday!