E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/14/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! I use it to pack on my foundation. Its good for coverage and picking up a good amount of product. The only issue with the brush it self is that the black on the handle peeled off after using it so much, but that is the only issue. There isn't a lot of brush hairs that fall out as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had really pleasant experiences overall with ELF's brushes and this kabuki is no exception. When I bought it I was concerned that the lack of a handle would be cumbersome or annoying, but for a few dollars I opted to take a chance. I'm very happy I did!
This brush is dense, SOFT and blends loose powder incredibly well. I use it for loose powder, to blend out my contour and for finishing powder. It creates a truly flawless finish. The no handle thing is not a deal breaker- in fact, I think it gives me more control over the brush and helps me blend out better. It also helps it fit in bags!!
I have used brushes from many different brands and can say that ELF is totally comparable to the highest of the high end. I grew up with a mom who would ONLY buy expensive luxury makeup, but nowadays there are so many awesome products and tools at the drugstore/Target that there is no reason to spend an arm and a leg.

To Read all 307 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I freakin' love this brush. It's so soft and it evenly distributes my setting powder on my face. And it's so soft (soft enough to warrant mentioning it twice). Quality is great, haven't had any issues with shedding or anything like that, And for the price of $3, I would repurchase this over and over and over again if I needed to.

Absolute favorite all over face brush!! The bristles don't fall out on your face and it's extremely soft. I use it to apply my setting powder. The price is unbeatable at only $6. I will repurchase this brush again and again. I only wish this brush had a larger handle but it wont stop me from buy it.

on 1/27/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't understand why people love this so much. It shredded on me like crazy, I don't know if I just got a dud or not. I bought it a little while ago and I was fairly upset with the quality. Yes, it is soft, but it just shredded so much, especially when I tried to wash it, because I always wash new brushes. Even when I first bought it and felt it with my hand, a few hairs came out! I don't recommend this if you are looking for a good quality brush with no shedding. It's also too loose, not as dense as. I thought it would be (given the name kabuki). Don't waste your time and money like I did.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Soft.
- Cheap.
- No shedding.

Cons:
- Not very dense for a kabuki.
- Longer bristles waste product.

A nice, soft brush but not dense enough. When I pinch the bristles down to the density I like it ends up the size of what I'd use for a blush brush. The bristles are quite long so you end up with a lot of powder being flicked into the air when you're buffing with it. There are only a few ELF brushes I regret buying and this is one of them. If you're really on a budget it's not terrible, just not ideal.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good brush. Not super dense, but does the job of blending!

on 12/12/2015 9:22:00 PM

I bought this mostly because it's adorable. I didn't care for it much at first because I found it applied my pressed powder way too sheer and I felt it wasn't picking up enough product and figured maybe this brush is only good for loose powders. It certainly isn't a very dense brush it's light and fluffy. However, with a thicker powder Ive been using lately it works quite perfectly. So I would say this brush is good for a very sheer makeup application, or fuller coverage if youre using a more "powdery" powder. As for what else its good for Im not sure haven't tried...its not an essential for me but definitely worth it for the price

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

love the look and feel of it. use it for powder and does wonders. Def a fave of mine.

on 10/12/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in love with this. I originally bought is for setting powder, which it works phenomenally for. But it also works great at applying liquid foundations. Wowzers. I've never had a brush/sponge that gave me such flawless results. My new HG!!!!

Popular Makeup Brushes