E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush
Studio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Uhh ELF has totally changed the brush a bit. That comparison pic between the two brushes is completely true. I bought one of these in 2013 but just now bought another one because while moving the original one got dusty and a bit damaged. The original ones are fluffier, taller, the bristles are more even...The change in quality is really annoying

Despite the change, this brush is still really good at blending my makeup. I use this to blend my contour/blush/highlighter. Sometimes I use it to powder my face. This is a brush I use almost everyday, I don't know of any other brush that blends my makeup as well as this one

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my all-time favorite makeup brush, and with good reason, It effortlessly blends any type of powder product and blurs all the edges so that there are no harsh lines on my face. The bristles are synthetic and quite soft, making this blush a pleasure to use. It washes clean and dries far faster than many less dense brushes that I own! This brush sits on my vanity for everyday use. It has had minimal shedding in the couple of years that I've had it, which is quite impressive for such a densely packed brush! I would recommend this brush to anyone who uses powder makeup face products. I haven't tried using liquid or cream face products, so I can't comment as to its effectiveness with those items.

on 5/18/2017 10:13:00 PM

My absolute go to brush for applying mineral powder makeup. Soft, dense and really inexpensive. So much better than any of the more expensive brushes that I have tried. Best of all, I have washed it multiple times and it retains it's shape and usefullness. Why wouldn't you try this over a more expensive brush?

on 4/26/2017 11:46:00 AM

Love this! I have a Morphe kabuki that looks very similar and it's very soft but I usually reach for this one. I use kabuki's like this to apply bronzer to my neck/chest. This one is a little stiffer and I like that more for where/how I use it. I think this is maybe $3? Maybe a little more but it's a good price for a good brush. This would probably be good at blending in foundation or applying face powder too. I've had the same one for a long time. Cleans fine, I don't notice any shedding. Would buy another if something happened to this one.

on 4/26/2017 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a few of these. I love them. Cheap, relatively dense and soft, and it does not shed. I use them for loose powder, pressed powder and for matte bronzer. Sometimes after I apply a tiny amount of the very pigmented NYX blush, I use this to buff out the excess and blend. They are cheap and great quality. After I wash them (in cinema secrets brush cleaner), they don't shed. Because they are short and squat, they are easy to store. If a brush has to be two toned with white, I would rather it be darker on the ends. Since I use most product sparingly, the white part doesn't get discolored as badly as when the white bristles are at the tips.

Note: the way I clean a kabuki is different from how I clean other brushes. I pour a capful of Cimema Secrets brush cleaner onto a paper towel and press the bristles of the kabuki into the paper towel. The capillary action immediately draws the powder into the towel.

If I am cleaning other brushes at the same time, Basically a few capfuls of the cleaner into a plastic cup just large enough to clean a blush brush. . .i use a cap from the elf primer as a cleansing cup. Dip the smaller brushes in and withdraw them.

Note: I now apply foundation and medium (primer sunscreen etc) with a sigma angled kabuki. It's more dense than the Elf, so it buffs out the foundation a bit better, but for general powder application, the Elf is fabulous.

UPDATE: do not clean with SIMPLE micellar water. It disintegrated the glue of the base and made the brush smell like musty meadow. Am tossing the brush and repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Perfection. I've had mine for over 3 months so far and it hasn't shed once. Soft, fluffy, applies powder foundation flawlessly.

on 11/4/2016 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first ever review of a brush. I love this brush so much, that I felt the need to tell everyone how great it is!

First up, it's so inexpensive, $6. I found and bought it at my local Wal-Mart.
The brush doesn't seem like much, but it applies powder in a way that just gives a beautiful airy finish. It does not over apply, so you can build in layers.

Second up, it's very soft. The bristles aren't scratchy. I have dry skin and some brushes can stir up little flakes of dry skin-this one doesn't do that! It has a very full and fluffy head with the perfect density for both loose and pressed powders. It's firm enough to pick up product, yet soft enough so that it moves with the contours of the face when using it to press powder into the skin and doesn't disturb any foundation, concealer, and cream products when you're using it in a sweeping motion to dust powder on or dust excess powder away-(I really hope all of that made sense). It doesn't cause excess kick-up of powder either, when used with pressed powders. I find myself reaching for this brush over my other more expensive powder brushes-now that really says something!

Third up, it washes very well, dries very well and quickly, retains it's shape perfectly, and has not shed a single hair once-for me. I wash it once a week.

I can't find one bad thing about this brush-maybe that I wish it had an actual handle, but I'm fine with the short handle.
I use this with all of my setting and finishing powders. It works really nicely with my MAC MSFN. I really need to get a couple more, one to dedicate for setting powder, one to dedicate for finishing powder, and one for bronzer.

In summary-just try this brush. It only costs $6, so you're not out much if you dislike it. But, I really think that you will love it as I do because it just has a magical way of applying powder beautifully.

I do highly recommend and would repurchase of course!

on 9/14/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! I use it to pack on my foundation. Its good for coverage and picking up a good amount of product. The only issue with the brush it self is that the black on the handle peeled off after using it so much, but that is the only issue. There isn't a lot of brush hairs that fall out as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had really pleasant experiences overall with ELF's brushes and this kabuki is no exception. When I bought it I was concerned that the lack of a handle would be cumbersome or annoying, but for a few dollars I opted to take a chance. I'm very happy I did!
This brush is dense, SOFT and blends loose powder incredibly well. I use it for loose powder, to blend out my contour and for finishing powder. It creates a truly flawless finish. The no handle thing is not a deal breaker- in fact, I think it gives me more control over the brush and helps me blend out better. It also helps it fit in bags!!
I have used brushes from many different brands and can say that ELF is totally comparable to the highest of the high end. I grew up with a mom who would ONLY buy expensive luxury makeup, but nowadays there are so many awesome products and tools at the drugstore/Target that there is no reason to spend an arm and a leg.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I freakin' love this brush. It's so soft and it evenly distributes my setting powder on my face. And it's so soft (soft enough to warrant mentioning it twice). Quality is great, haven't had any issues with shedding or anything like that, And for the price of $3, I would repurchase this over and over and over again if I needed to.

Popular Makeup Brushes