E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush
Studio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face Brush

4.6

on 8/7/2017 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I still have my kabuki brush from 5 years ago and it still hasnt lost its shape and still works well. The logo and everything rubbed off tho.

This brush is your average kabuki brush but it never seems to pack on my powder enough. If you have non oily skin I would recommend though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my all-time favorite makeup brush, and with good reason, It effortlessly blends any type of powder product and blurs all the edges so that there are no harsh lines on my face. The bristles are synthetic and quite soft, making this blush a pleasure to use. It washes clean and dries far faster than many less dense brushes that I own! This brush sits on my vanity for everyday use. It has had minimal shedding in the couple of years that I've had it, which is quite impressive for such a densely packed brush! I would recommend this brush to anyone who uses powder makeup face products. I haven't tried using liquid or cream face products, so I can't comment as to its effectiveness with those items.

on 7/20/2017 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite brush for applying powder over my bb cream. It leaves a nice, smooth finish. The brush is not expensive and worth a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Uhh ELF has totally changed the brush a bit. That comparison pic between the two brushes is completely true. I bought one of these in 2013 but just now bought another one because while moving the original one got dusty and a bit damaged. The original ones are fluffier, taller, the bristles are more even...The change in quality is really annoying

Despite the change, this brush is still really good at blending my makeup. I use this to blend my contour/blush/highlighter. Sometimes I use it to powder my face. This is a brush I use almost everyday, I don't know of any other brush that blends my makeup as well as this one

on 7/20/2017 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this brush. It's perfect for applying setting powder after foundation. It's soft and I love the shape. It looks so cute sitting on my makeup counter. It distributes the powder perfectly. I've also used it with finishing powder after all my other makeup. A great little brush from Elf and so affordable. Highly recommend!

on 4/26/2017 11:46:00 AM

Love this! I have a Morphe kabuki that looks very similar and it's very soft but I usually reach for this one. I use kabuki's like this to apply bronzer to my neck/chest. This one is a little stiffer and I like that more for where/how I use it. I think this is maybe $3? Maybe a little more but it's a good price for a good brush. This would probably be good at blending in foundation or applying face powder too. I've had the same one for a long time. Cleans fine, I don't notice any shedding. Would buy another if something happened to this one.

on 4/26/2017 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a few of these. I love them. Cheap, relatively dense and soft, and it does not shed. I use them for loose powder, pressed powder and for matte bronzer. Sometimes after I apply a tiny amount of the very pigmented NYX blush, I use this to buff out the excess and blend. They are cheap and great quality. After I wash them (in cinema secrets brush cleaner), they don't shed. Because they are short and squat, they are easy to store. If a brush has to be two toned with white, I would rather it be darker on the ends. Since I use most product sparingly, the white part doesn't get discolored as badly as when the white bristles are at the tips.

Note: the way I clean a kabuki is different from how I clean other brushes. I pour a capful of Cimema Secrets brush cleaner onto a paper towel and press the bristles of the kabuki into the paper towel. The capillary action immediately draws the powder into the towel.

If I am cleaning other brushes at the same time, Basically a few capfuls of the cleaner into a plastic cup just large enough to clean a blush brush. . .i use a cap from the elf primer as a cleansing cup. Dip the smaller brushes in and withdraw them.

Note: I now apply foundation and medium (primer sunscreen etc) with a sigma angled kabuki. It's more dense than the Elf, so it buffs out the foundation a bit better, but for general powder application, the Elf is fabulous.

UPDATE: do not clean with SIMPLE micellar water. It disintegrated the glue of the base and made the brush smell like musty meadow. Am tossing the brush and repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Perfection. I've had mine for over 3 months so far and it hasn't shed once. Soft, fluffy, applies powder foundation flawlessly.

on 5/18/2017 10:13:00 PM

My absolute go to brush for applying mineral powder makeup. Soft, dense and really inexpensive. So much better than any of the more expensive brushes that I have tried. Best of all, I have washed it multiple times and it retains it's shape and usefullness. Why wouldn't you try this over a more expensive brush?

Popular Makeup Brushes