E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush
Studio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face BrushStudio Kabuki Face Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/26/2017 11:46:00 AM

Love this! I have a Morphe kabuki that looks very similar and it's very soft but I usually reach for this one. I use kabuki's like this to apply bronzer to my neck/chest. This one is a little stiffer and I like that more for where/how I use it. I think this is maybe $3? Maybe a little more but it's a good price for a good brush. This would probably be good at blending in foundation or applying face powder too. I've had the same one for a long time. Cleans fine, I don't notice any shedding. Would buy another if something happened to this one.

on 4/26/2017 12:31:00 AM

I have a few of these. I love them. I use them for loose powder, pressed powder and for matte bronzer. Sometimes after I apply a tiny amount of the very pigmented NYX blush, I use this to buff out the excess and blend. They are cheap and great quality. After I wash them (in cinema secrets brush cleaner), they don't shed. Because they are short and squat, they are easy to store. If a brush has to be two toned with white, I would rather it be darker on the ends. Since I use most product sparingly, the white part doesn't get discolored as badly as when the white bristles are at the tips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Perfection. I've had mine for over 3 months so far and it hasn't shed once. Soft, fluffy, applies powder foundation flawlessly.

on 11/4/2016 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first ever review of a brush. I love this brush so much, that I felt the need to tell everyone how great it is!

First up, it's so inexpensive, $6. I found and bought it at my local Wal-Mart.
The brush doesn't seem like much, but it applies powder in a way that just gives a beautiful airy finish. It does not over apply, so you can build in layers.

Second up, it's very soft. The bristles aren't scratchy. I have dry skin and some brushes can stir up little flakes of dry skin-this one doesn't do that! It has a very full and fluffy head with the perfect density for both loose and pressed powders. It's firm enough to pick up product, yet soft enough so that it moves with the contours of the face when using it to press powder into the skin and doesn't disturb any foundation, concealer, and cream products when you're using it in a sweeping motion to dust powder on or dust excess powder away-(I really hope all of that made sense). It doesn't cause excess kick-up of powder either, when used with pressed powders. I find myself reaching for this brush over my other more expensive powder brushes-now that really says something!

Third up, it washes very well, dries very well and quickly, retains it's shape perfectly, and has not shed a single hair once-for me. I wash it once a week.

I can't find one bad thing about this brush-maybe that I wish it had an actual handle, but I'm fine with the short handle.
I use this with all of my setting and finishing powders. It works really nicely with my MAC MSFN. I really need to get a couple more, one to dedicate for setting powder, one to dedicate for finishing powder, and one for bronzer.

In summary-just try this brush. It only costs $6, so you're not out much if you dislike it. But, I really think that you will love it as I do because it just has a magical way of applying powder beautifully.

I do highly recommend and would repurchase of course!

on 9/14/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! I use it to pack on my foundation. Its good for coverage and picking up a good amount of product. The only issue with the brush it self is that the black on the handle peeled off after using it so much, but that is the only issue. There isn't a lot of brush hairs that fall out as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had really pleasant experiences overall with ELF's brushes and this kabuki is no exception. When I bought it I was concerned that the lack of a handle would be cumbersome or annoying, but for a few dollars I opted to take a chance. I'm very happy I did!
This brush is dense, SOFT and blends loose powder incredibly well. I use it for loose powder, to blend out my contour and for finishing powder. It creates a truly flawless finish. The no handle thing is not a deal breaker- in fact, I think it gives me more control over the brush and helps me blend out better. It also helps it fit in bags!!
I have used brushes from many different brands and can say that ELF is totally comparable to the highest of the high end. I grew up with a mom who would ONLY buy expensive luxury makeup, but nowadays there are so many awesome products and tools at the drugstore/Target that there is no reason to spend an arm and a leg.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I freakin' love this brush. It's so soft and it evenly distributes my setting powder on my face. And it's so soft (soft enough to warrant mentioning it twice). Quality is great, haven't had any issues with shedding or anything like that, And for the price of $3, I would repurchase this over and over and over again if I needed to.

Absolute favorite all over face brush!! The bristles don't fall out on your face and it's extremely soft. I use it to apply my setting powder. The price is unbeatable at only $6. I will repurchase this brush again and again. I only wish this brush had a larger handle but it wont stop me from buy it.

on 1/27/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't understand why people love this so much. It shredded on me like crazy, I don't know if I just got a dud or not. I bought it a little while ago and I was fairly upset with the quality. Yes, it is soft, but it just shredded so much, especially when I tried to wash it, because I always wash new brushes. Even when I first bought it and felt it with my hand, a few hairs came out! I don't recommend this if you are looking for a good quality brush with no shedding. It's also too loose, not as dense as. I thought it would be (given the name kabuki). Don't waste your time and money like I did.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Soft.
- Cheap.
- No shedding.

Cons:
- Not very dense for a kabuki.
- Longer bristles waste product.

A nice, soft brush but not dense enough. When I pinch the bristles down to the density I like it ends up the size of what I'd use for a blush brush. The bristles are quite long so you end up with a lot of powder being flicked into the air when you're buffing with it. There are only a few ELF brushes I regret buying and this is one of them. If you're really on a budget it's not terrible, just not ideal.

Popular Makeup Brushes