Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

3.5

on 5/21/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros - inexpensive
- claims to have skin beneficial ingredients
- makeup does go on very smoothly
- did not break me out

Cons - Makeup starts to slide off in about an hour! Opposite of what a primer should do.

- While the jar & pump packaging is nice, the jar is clear so not sure how stable the ingredients would be.

- did nothing to smooth my largish pores over.

-made me oily - I am combo to slightly dry - that has not happened in years!

This is being returned as it does not work for ME as primer. Perhaps it would for someone with very dry skin.

on 4/22/2010 6:08:00 AM

Pretty good primer, comparable to the Smashbox version but much cheaper. It makes my skin so smooth! Although I have to say, I don't use primers much with my foundation... Applying them is an extra step and they just don't seem to do much for me when wearing them with foundation. What I do like to do is wear it alone. When I'm having decent skin days and don't need foundation, I like to apply the primer only. It cuts down on the shine and makes my skin look even and soft. It gives it a really nice look!

Overall, I would probably repurchase this product, but not for its intended purpose as a foundation primer...

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I prefer this over Smashbox for various reasons.

a) After purchasing this product I still have all my limbs (21 bucks still and holding. Don't screw this up Shopper's)

b) It's lighter and thinner. Which is how a primer should be. In my humble opinion, a primer should not be thicker than your foundation. Go take an art class if you don't believe me.

To sum it up, the price is right, it's easy to apply, and it doesn't make me feel gross. I'm wearing thick layers of paint already, my face doesn't have to have more layers of goo underneath to weigh it down.

on 2/15/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Girls, this is pretty much the same thing as Smashbox Photo Finish, at half the price (and the option to get it on sale). I love how easy it is to apply and blend foundation on top, but honestly I rarely bother with primer because of the extra time it takes. I don't find that it makes foundation last longer, hence only 4 lippies. If you do like primers, or you want to try your first one, I highly recommend this one.

on 3/10/2009 10:28:00 AM

I'm on the fence with this product. It's very comparable to the Smashbox primer with it's texture and general function(smooth base, makeup longevity). However, I didn't find it masked my pores as well as SB. The price is definitely better but I don't think I'd purchase again because I prefer a primer to help conceal my pores. If pores aren't an issue for you, it's a great substitute for SB that's easier on your wallet.

on 11/25/2007 11:11:00 AM

I'm not sure what the confusion is on what product exactly we're reviewing here, but to help clarify, Quo's foundation primer comes in a pump container (as archangeli stated), and it's slightly pink in tone, although it applies clear. There is another Quo product that comes in a square-ish tube, but that's not a primer - it's their mattifyer. The official name for this primer - what we're reviewing here - is Quo Total Perfection Face Primer. It retails for $20 CDN, is available exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart, and contains 28 g of product. I'm not sure if there's a product that Quo carries, or used to carry, that was designed to make models look shiny or sweaty, but this isn't it.

Quo's primer was a surprise to me, as it feels quite velvety and slippery at the same time. I thought that for my combination to oily skin, I'd surely feel my makeup sliding off my face within minutes, but I was very wrong. Unlike Smashbox's primer, which has been my holy grail for quite some time now, I have to let this sit for a couple of minutes before I apply foundation. I'm not sure why, but it works better after it's had some time to sit. It keeps me as matte as Smashbox does, but at a fraction of the cost - Smashbox is about $48 for the same amount, while Quo's $20 version performs the exact same way. I actually prefer Quo's version - lucky for my wallet! However, I'd love for Smashbox AND Quo to improve their packaging - their current pumps don't make it easy to get the last 1/5th of product to get out. They could take notes from CoverFX's primer design - that one is created so that every last drop can be dispensed, and there's no waste.