3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I have oily, acne-prone skin with large pores. This primer glides on beautifully and with the beige tint, reduces redness on contact. I have worn this under several foundations and have had great results. Although I would not say this primer gives you a completely flawless or poreless look alone, I do agree with some of the other reviews. Other pore-filling primers I have used become slippery and tend to cause issues with my foundation pilling or separating. This lasted me through a 18-hour travel day and although my skin didn't look flawless, it did not draw attention to my acne scarring or problem areas. Primers ALWAYS make me break out. This is one of the only few that don't. This primer has outperformed everything except Urban Decay skin-adjusting. I highly recommend this for those that struggle with oil control or breakouts. The formula is lightweight and does not feel heavy, sticky, or tacky when applied. I have had decent results using this on its own, as well as layered over face serums and moisturizers. The packaging is cute and girly, but most importantly, it does not leak or make a mess in my bag. The price is comparable to other primers on the market (Benefit, Becca, UD, tarte, etc.). The only thing I wish this primer had is SPF. Otherwise, I will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is awesome for my oily skin. Although it doesn’t hide my pores as well as other products I have used, it makes my makeup go on beautifully and wears great during the day. Other primers that initially hide my pores better might give me a nice look the first hour or two, but after that it’s all downhill. This might not cover the pores as much, but it definitely does not bring negative attention to them as the day goes on (Revlon pore filling primer, I’m looking at you ????). Instead, this primer makes my foundation mix with my oils in such a flattering way. I look dewey NOT greasy/textured and that was a big problem I kept encountering with A LOT of primers. Basically, by it wearing so well on my skin my pores look less noticeable even if it isn’t “pore filling” - if that makes sense? I am even doing a side by side battle with the Tatcha primer and they perform the same (at least on my skin). Win, win, win!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

I am reviewing for the oil free version which is also for sensitive skin. Not sure if they sell it anymore because I can’t find the page for that one, it’s in a white tube rather than the pink tube. This is an ok silicone primer, does the job. But probably won’t repurchase because it doesn’t hand out to me in any way given the price being on the higher side.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairBlack

2 years ago

I'm on my second tube of this product and I will probably continue to buy this not because it makes my face poreless like it claims--thought it might and my skin is just that pock marked and uneven, not ruling that out either--but because it keeps the oil at bay! I've tried so many primers and this is the only primer that keeps my skin from greasing up and it prevents the foundation from separating. It's a wonderful base for longevity and oil control. It also contains a retinol so for acne prone make up lovers like me, you can feel at ease knowing you're treating your skin--however minimally--under all that make up. It also goes on super smoothly, I've tried primers that are so tacky and sticky and do nothing for me. This is a win on all accounts for me.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I love this primer. It is undoubtedly the second most used in my now curated stack. I have used many primers and I commend this for being on my short-list. I bought this when on my hunt to look for an alternative to the Hourglass mineral veil (you may already know why). This had a beautiful mousse/ cream texture with a silicon base. The reason I like this is it helps keep my pores happy. I find my skin is clearer and very calm when wearing this (a general rule with my complexion products). The ingredients in this seem to work as my skin is so satisfied that I don't get too oily throughout the day and my foundation lasts a good 10 hours. I know it says poreless on the packaging but I have yet to find a primer that can outlast my oil. Saying this I feel I will still repurchase this and will hope one day I find something that doesn't have to cost so much as this (for the amount you use and get) is not as cost effective as hoped.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

3.0

3 years ago

Average primer that adds a decent dose of colour. I bought this a while ago, when I used to use tanning beds and had very tanned skin- and needed sun-cream for my face! I'm naturally quite fair, with light-medium, neutral skin. This stuff adds a quite a bit of colour which does, unfortunately, look a tad orange. My skin is too pale to wear this on its own. If you have medium-dark skin, then you probably could. When I layer on my foundation, it knocks the colour up a notch, making my GA Luminous Silk in 5.5 go to a 6. This is a great solution for summer- no need to buy another, darker foundation. The added spf is a bonus, too. This is a rather thick, silicone-y type primer and when it comes out of the tube, it looks very dark brown. You dont need much too cover the whole face. As for the 'poreless' claims... well, no. Not really. Sort of. Nothing spectacular. Does create a fairly smooth and even canvas for your foundation. I didnt notice any difference in terms of increasing the life of my foundation. The plastic tube is somewhat thick and rigid, makes getting the last of it out very difficult. Also, the cap cover top came off! As this is the only tinted primer I've tried, I cant compare it on that score. That said, when I did my initial research into buying this, the market for bronzing primers is pretty woeful and this may well be the best on offer. Compared to other primers in terms of texture, prolonging fnd wear etc, it's pretty decent. Not amazing, though. I'll keep looking. Worth trying.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

Hi guys, I bought this primer due to recommendations. Unfortunately I did not like it and nor will I be purchasing again. I have tried using it with several liquid foundations and feel that it was useless on all occasions. Cons - *White cast - I feel that this primer leaves a white cast on your face. The skin does not look brighter, more like a ghost! *Does not help - a good primer should help the longevity of your foundation. Well I felt that this product did nothing for me. My skin looked oily and felt really greasy. *Pores - did nothing for my pores :( Pros - *Feels smooth on the skin. *Does not smell. *Price is cheaper than what I usually pay for my Clarins Instant Smooth.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I have texture issues and this primer gives me a very nice, smooth base to work with. My makeup applies beautifully over it and the tube has lasted me a very long time. It's similar in function to the POREfessional by Benefit only it has a less slick texture, and it's a bit thicker and more moussey. The POREfessional disguises my pores a bit more effectively but I prefer this one because it doesn't feel quite as silicone-y and I prefer the way my makeup looks on top of it. It also brings more product. It's expensive but I'll most likely repurchase until I find an equal quality more affordable alternative.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

3 years ago

I really like this primer, my foundation goes smoother. I didn't notice that my foundation lasts longer with it, but it definitely goes smoother. The texture is silicone-y, but not in a bad way. I have oily/combination skin and my oils come through in about 3-4 hours, which is a good thing, since without it I get oily in about 2-3 hours, depending on how hot is outside. I would repurchase.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I had decided to get this because I love Too Faced products. This mentioned it had ingredients that helped the skin and could be worn without foundation. Love the whole idea but the promises are a bit too much. None the less this is good primer it took me a year of everyday use to finish this, so I think I've formed a good understanding on this product. I like the thickness and that it applies easily on the skin. It leaves a smooth base for makeup and helps it stay on longer. I don't find it makes me poreless though and I have to mention there is no oil control with this either. I can only really wear this with an oil controlling foundation. Tinted moisturisers usually look way too oily with Primed and Poreless underneath. I realised I love my NARS TM more now since I've switched to the Hourglass mineral veil, which helps control my oil. If you're not oily this may actually work for you. The only reason I would buy this again is that it never broke me out and helped keep my pores clear, even though it didn't fill them. Even when I tested new foundations I knew I was better off with this underneath. I have tried other pore filling primers like Benefit's and Smashbox's and they always clogged my pores. I think this primer is my safe bet.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure