Babyliss Babyliss Nano Titanium Hair Dryer + Babyliss Diffuser

3.5

on 3/1/2016 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My previous hair dryer was almost 15 years old and about to bite the dust. It's hard to compare the two since my previous dryer was so old, but also my previous dryer was a super cheap Revlon one. This has separate settings for heat and airflow, and nice nice to be able to adjust heat separately. I have very fine hair that is for the most part straight and this is probably too much dryer for my hair type. It's not a bad dryer at all and does the job very quickly but I think it's better suited for fuller hair. The highest airflow setting just sort of jostles my hair around making it difficult to style. The highest heat setting it almost uncomfortable, but again that may just be because I don't have thick or full hair. Price wise it's about middle of the road, I think I paid around $80-90 for this a few weeks ago. It's not a compact or travel dryer but I found it small enough to fit in my bathroom drawer that is rather small.

on 12/4/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this from a beauty supply store over a CHI after reading great reviews. I think it cost me around $100 and I received a Babyliss mini flat iron for free. It does a good job of drying my long, wavy/curly, medium textured hair overall. I mostly use it to straighten my long bangs. It does a great job but the humidity in central Fl eventually causes it to frizz a bit. I use great salon quality products so I think it must be the dryer. The heat does not get super hot, even on the highest setting. I've had it for about 6 yeras and it still works with no problem.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/8/2010 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The reviewer below got this right. It is for straightening only. Its is very powerful. It blows soo much air. In fact mine didn't even come with a diffuser, so maybe babyliss realized this too. For straightening it is great. It has two heat and 2 speed setting and a cool shot button you hold down while it is on to work. The cool shot is the weakest link here,seems to frizz me up more, rather than finish a style. But for the hot settings its great.Dries my thick coarse almost waist length hair in 7-10 mins. It dries it completely too. I might actually believe this one is not b-sing and is actually using infared. Even on the hottest temp and highest speed doesn't leave my hair fried, or fried looking. It $70, so it's midrange. It is tourmaline ionic.
Update: Months later. It blows too hard. 1900 watts is a bit much if hair is damaged. It;s not versatile-it only straightens.

on 4/4/2009 11:10:00 AM

This is a wonderful dryer! It really dries your hair fast. I feel as if I'm in a wind tunnel! I do notice that my hair does dry faster than my $20 Conair one.

The bad part about it is that because it blows so much air, it's not that great for diffusing. It just blows too hard and your curls just don't work. You have to use it on low so it takes a while. I prefer my Conair for diffusing my curls.

However if you have straight hair, get this dryer! I got mine on Beautychoice.com. They were a great help, and I recived my dryer in TWO days. This dryer was reccomended by Pursebuzz on Youtube.

Popular Hair Styling Tools