Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)
ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)Revlon Ultimate Top Tomato

3.0

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite liquid lipsticks. I chose a purplish/pink color. This lipstick went on easily and was very pleased at the lovely color. Unlike other long wearing lipcolor, this one does not come with a lip balm. This dried quicly and did not dry my lips. It did dry to a matte finish which i liked, however i think i would like it even more if it was more glossy. This would be the perfect lipstick to add a lip topper to give it some shine. I added a shimmery topper to this and it was amazing!!!! Definitely a great product!

I am hooked on this lipstick! The color I wear most is #035 ICONIC IRIS. I use it with a fine lip-liner. It lasts all day and stays put, even during meals...Maybe that's why they call it 'ColorStay'!

on 2/10/2017 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this in Ultimate Orchid - a cool-toned "Barbie" pink for my 12 year old for $12 at a local Walgreen's.
Not bad - but a bit drying. Slight sweet "vailla" scent.

Get them on sale.

on 1/9/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I personally really love these liquid lipsticks. I have flaky lips that tend to get dry pretty easily and I find that if I just apply lip balm for a 5-10 mins or so then wipe it off with a makeup wipe, and put the liquid lipstick on, it doesn't accentuate my dry lips, and gives it a better base to put the color down on. I personally own 5 of the shades, and really do like them all.

I find that these do stay true to claim and that they last very long/the whole day. Throughout the day I think if you don't hydrate your lips, and as you eat and drink, the color of the lipstick can fade- but nothing that is too terribly noticeable and it doesn't come across as patchy. My only gripe about the product would be that if you use a more "dry" lip balm- I think the balm will move the color around and wipe it off even, so in my experience it works better with a more wet moisturizing (ex. Vaseline) lip balm that you can just gently pat onto the lips. Also, Revlon needs to make MORE COLORS! I see that colors they use to have, have been discontinued, but I really would love to see some of the more brown-nude shades of colors to come back!

Overall great product, that I have repurchased.

Lipstick has a way of wearing off of my lips. Maybe it's my job (high school teacher). Maybe it's my habits (I purse and lick my lips a lot). Maybe it's my lips themselves (full bottom lip, comparatively thin upper lip). So I was pleased when I found a liquid lip stick color that I actually liked that also didn't require multiple steps. I bought myself a tube of Premiere Plum and took it for a spin. Well, a few spins. Here are my impressions:

+ This color is fantastic. Dark enough for lots of contrast, but still appropriate for work.
+ The color really does stay put, even after eating spaghetti pasta for lunch and drinking coffee all day. There were little hints of color on my mug, but I didn't notice a difference on my lips. No need to reapply throughout the day.
+ My lips don't feel dry, which is a big complaint I have with most long-wear lipsticks and lacquers.
+ I'm able to remove it with my generic sensitive skin makeup wipes. This may be different for the darker colors. Some reviewers had an awful time with removal, but I haven't had a problem.
+ The color that's in the tube is the color that goes on my lips. I have naturally pigmented lips and am often disappointed when lip color doesn't show up on me.

- It stays a bit sticky. The formula does dry out a bit over the course of the day, but it doesn't dry completely. It feels kind of like lipgloss. I've experienced worse, so this isn't too bad.
- It sets quickly. I have a very defined lipline, which makes application easier, but your mileage may vary.
- I think it's a bit overpriced.
- If you have dry skin or flaky lips, then this lipstick will show ALL OF IT. Make sure to exfoliate and put some moisturizer on for a few minutes beforehand.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this. The coverage and longevity are great for drugstore makeup. Buy one and try it out before investing in more of them to make sure the texture is okay for you.

on 9/7/2016 12:59:00 PM

This item was given to me by my mother-in-law, which was unexpected. Once I tried it, I understood why she unloaded this junky stuff on me and I've never quite forgiven her. Initially, I thought the product failure was due to user error, but I have tried it multiple times with different techniques and it remains unusable. Would not recommend to my worst enemy, definitely will not purchase.

Shade: 010 Premium Pink

Pros:
+ applicator is easy to use and allows precise application
+ texture is very light and thin, spreads evenly
+ color is a pretty medium pink with shimmer

Cons:
- feels sticky on lips, never really dries down
- to remove it, I had to break out the olive oil (biphasic makeup remover, which removes typical waterproof eye makeup, failed me)
- slightly offensive smell

on 8/8/2016 1:03:00 AM

This is hands down the longest lasting lipstick there is in the market for almost 10 years now! I've even tried "long-wearing" lipsticks from luxury brands like Estee, KVD, ABH and Nars and although they have a wider color selection, I have found that I keep coming back to Colorstay Ultimate for its staying power. I use the Brilliant Bordeaux shade and I have gotten so many compliments from women of all ages, even teenagers. It sets in less than 5 minutes to a matte finish and it stays on until I decide to take it off. It lasts through meals (even greasy burgers) without any need to re-apply. I don't need to carry this product in my purse because it does really stay on from early morning till late night. Once, I forgot to take it off before a shower and it stayed on. I have even tested its staying power overnight and when I woke up, there was no color transfer on my pillow and the color was as true as when I put it on the night before. It's indelible. It doesn't transfer onto drink ware. The color opacity and saturation for me is just awesome! I take the wand out of the tube and it carries enough product to cover my lips with just one swipe. And I do have very full lips. Unlike some reviewers who wrote that they need to "build up" the color with a couple of coats, I found that the liquid is as color true on my lips as it looks in the tube with just one coat on exfoliated lips. Since I started using this, I haven't had to use a lip liner at all because I can paint it along my lip line. If you're after genuine no-hype staying power and color pay off, I highly recommend this product especially for the price which sometimes could go as low as $9.99 (I've even seen 2 for 1 deals). My strong recommendation does come with some caveats though: (1) This is not for women who are habitual lip-lickers. And by the way, licking your lips is BAD for you. Stop it. So for those who complain that this product makes their lips feel like fly paper, well, don't lick your lips. (2) For those who wrote this product tastes bad, well, you shouldn't eat your lipstick. C'mon now. Who eats their lipstick? (3) This product works best on exfoliated lips. If your lips are chapped, EXFOLIATE FIRST, or the color will not look right and your lips will chap more. (4) DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT wear this product if you plan to smooch - for your partner's sake because your lips might feel a smidge tacky. The honest truth is the tackiness DOES go away after the product has set. But I still strongly advise against smooching if you're wearing this product. (5) Use Vaseline or coconut oil for effective one-swipe, gentle removal. This truly indelible lip color will NOT wash off with facial cleanser/soap and water. I hope that Revlon never ever discontinues this product. There is honestly no lipstick out there that outperforms this product when it comes to staying power and true matte finish.
UPDATE: I just bought Stila Stay All Day in Aria and Bacca, and Anastasia Beverly Hills in Kathryn, Craft, and Ashton this past weekend. Although these higher priced brands offer tons of gorgeous color options, they definitely lack the staying power of Revlon Colorstay Ultimate liquid lipstick. Both Stila and ABH got splotchy after eating foods that aren't even greasy (like oatmeal!).

on 6/4/2016 7:21:00 PM

I got this in only one shade; cant remember the name but I think its brilliant Bordeaux. It is in itself not a great product; very drying, not super pigmented (you need to put two-three coats before the color gets somewhat similar to what it looks like in the tube). BUT i think its a great lip primer/base for when you want to wear a dark lip! It makes the lipstick (even cheap ones) stick to your lips and last much longer and prevents bleeding! If you are not satisfied with it as a lipstick, try it this was before throwing it out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried pretty much every "Long Wearing" lipstick, lip stain, lip balm, you name it and NONE of them lasted longer than two hours on my lips except this one. It never budges and when it does fade a bit after eating, it fades evenly so I don't end up with clown outline on my lips. I have been able to wear these all day, through lunch AND dinner and lots of water and still had decent color on my lips by the end of my day. I have this in four colors, Ultimate Orchid, Premium Pink, Miracle Mauve and Top Tomato. I find that if I let the lipstick dry fully for about five minutes, I can go in with an Eos lip balm on top to give my lips some hydration since I don't like a matte feel on my lips. Even when I forget to use the balm, I don't mind the feeling of this lipstick on my lips compared to others I've tried. For me this one is a winner.

on 4/30/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of my cannot live without items! More like a stain than a lipstick but not watery like most lip stains. The perfect color, #1 Nude, matches my lips exactly. It stays on as long as I need it to. I usually apply a light stroke top and bottom lips and quick lip press, before work and then after work. Not something you want to layer on or it starts to feel cakey. Works great with any gloss. I love to use it as a liner to add a little fullness to my top lip and then perk up my whole pout. And with my favorite lipgloss bareminerals Marvelous Moxie in Trail Blazer, I'm gorgeous :)