Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)
image 1image 2image 3

3.0

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

on 6/4/2016 7:21:00 PM

I got this in only one shade; cant remember the name but I think its brilliant Bordeaux. It is in itself not a great product; very drying, not super pigmented (you need to put two-three coats before the color gets somewhat similar to what it looks like in the tube). BUT i think its a great lip primer/base for when you want to wear a dark lip! It makes the lipstick (even cheap ones) stick to your lips and last much longer and prevents bleeding! If you are not satisfied with it as a lipstick, try it this was before throwing it out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried pretty much every "Long Wearing" lipstick, lip stain, lip balm, you name it and NONE of them lasted longer than two hours on my lips except this one. It never budges and when it does fade a bit after eating, it fades evenly so I don't end up with clown outline on my lips. I have been able to wear these all day, through lunch AND dinner and lots of water and still had decent color on my lips by the end of my day. I have this in four colors, Ultimate Orchid, Premium Pink, Miracle Mauve and Top Tomato. I find that if I let the lipstick dry fully for about five minutes, I can go in with an Eos lip balm on top to give my lips some hydration since I don't like a matte feel on my lips. Even when I forget to use the balm, I don't mind the feeling of this lipstick on my lips compared to others I've tried. For me this one is a winner.

To Read all 216 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/30/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of my cannot live without items! More like a stain than a lipstick but not watery like most lip stains. The perfect color, #1 Nude, matches my lips exactly. It stays on as long as I need it to. I usually apply a light stroke top and bottom lips and quick lip press, before work and then after work. Not something you want to layer on or it starts to feel cakey. Works great with any gloss. I love to use it as a liner to add a little fullness to my top lip and then perk up my whole pout. And with my favorite lipgloss bareminerals Marvelous Moxie in Trail Blazer, I'm gorgeous :)

I like the color range of this, I've bought 4 shades and mauve is my favorite, it is a really nice nude-ish pink shade.

these are pretty sticky when they dry and each color, the formula isn't that consistent, the mauve can look nice with one swipe of color but the plum needs to be built up.

use a lip balm or a clear lipliner to moisturize before using this and it won't be as drying. they last a really long time and also through a meal, and when it fades, it does so evenly.

I put that I would repurchase because I don't want to spend on a high end version

on 2/26/2016 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have tried almost every liquid lippie on the market from super expensive (I'm looking at you STILA) to super cheap (Essie) and these are at best mediocre at worst really really awful. I have dry lips but I take good care of them since I wear liquid lipstick often, but this one in particular made my lips feel both stick and dry and patchy!! It's very opaque so you need to build it up (which is really annoying), does not wear well with lipliner, is overpriced in Toronto where I live and the colour in the tube doesnt look the same on your lips. (I own ultimate orchid and vigorous violet.) These are a hard pass, don't spend your money on these.

on 2/19/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is my favorite liquid lipstick formula. Stila's liquid lipsticks are not long lasting on me, but they have beautiful shades, and they pill and fall off in sections. Kat Von D's is second favorite, but they are pricey for a small amount of product and they don't last as long as these Revlon ones. The problem with these Revlon liquid lipsticks that many people dislike is that it takes multiple coats to get opaqe coverage. I think this is genius! So many liquid lipsticks are filled with pigment, but these you can build up the color to the liking of the individual and the lipstick LASTS. This is the perfect office appropriate liquid lipstick range. There are some shimmery finishes and the packaging ensures you don't have globs of product like I get with Stila's wands or Wet n Wild's wands. Wet n Wild's liquid lipsticks are the most long lasting and are comfortable with a balm underneath, but too budge-proof, and have a limited color range. Colourpop's liquid lipsticks fade in sections (unflattering) and don't last long on me, but they do have an extensive color range and are so affordable. TheBalm's formula is up there with KVD but it gets sticky throughout the day and over time application gets patchy.
Another problem with these liquid lipsticks is there are so few colors, but I assume it's due to the market: professional-age women who want an office appropriate nude, plum, or red, and these do it so well. I can eat with these and drink and have minimal wear-off, and when these finally do wear off at the end of the day, they do so in layers - think about it people, this is what you want! It gradually fades evenly instead of in the inner rim or the outer portions that would not be professional if you were meeting with a client in the late afternoon. These are the best. I think overall these are great, and they most definitely need new shades because these are awesome! But because there are so few shades and many have a sheen, the price could be better - you can see these around $10 in some places! That given, I would easily pay another dollar for more shade availability. Revlon, please release new shades! These are great and there are many women out there using these, they just don't review them like the younger populations!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in shade 040 - Brilliant Bordeaux. I am absolutely IN LOVE with the color. It's a perfect purple red. However, it takes multiple coats, otherwise it will be patchy. Also, the formula dries incredibly sticky and is very uncomfortable. It's unfortunate that the color is gorgeous but the overall end product is mediocre.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I can only attest to the Buffest Beige color...It takes a few careful coats to build up and yet I still find it patchy. However, it may be the color. Stays on, but feels a little sticky on the lips. I get better results from my Joe Fresh liquid lipstick which costs a lot less. Revlon in Toronto is a lot more expensive of the DS selections so it seems than say Florida...Not sure why US is so much less. Anyhow, I do like Revlon lip-butters a lot and their reg lipsticks, so I expected more from this I guess. It's still alright tho.

on 11/1/2015 3:07:00 AM

i like the colors in this line of lipsticks, at first i bought it in iconic iris bc that matches my lips closest. today i bought the plum shade and mauve shade and immediately wore plum. it is a pink with a tinge of purple with golden shimmers. liquid lipsticks are drying in general so maybe apply a lip butter and let it set before using this. the shades are lovely, but this is expensive for a DS product. (i feel like drugstore products are creeping up there in price). :( :( :..(
it is very long-wearing, it even lasted through a steamy shower 👍🏻

on 10/14/2015 11:39:00 PM