Pixi Lip Booster

Filtered by hair type : Other
Pixi Lip Booster

4.3

I own Zuzana and Elf. I didn't pay $18 for these as I picked these up elsewhere than Target. Both of these glosses are very flattering and are actually glossy rather than shimmery. I enjoy both of them, they are mildly sticky (which I don't mind) so they stay put and the pen applicator is pretty cool. If I had to pay $18 for them, I probably wouldn't have purchased them, but for the discounted prices I payed at Ross (trust me, they can have some good makeup there!), they're worth it.

on 4/21/2010 8:45:00 PM

Let's start with the CONs-

1. the brush applicator
2. the applicator brush
3. the clicky-pen brush applicator
4. Well, you get the point- :-)

I hate the brush applicator . . on anything. I actually cut half of the bristles 'cause they were so damn long. It made a mess for applying. I sooo much rather have a doe foot applicator than any kind of brush. I hate "clicky-pen" anything (lipgloss/concealer) because you can never get the right amount of clicks. One too few, two too many, etc.

Luckily for this gloss I absolutely, freakin' love the color so I'll put up with the packaging!! I have Sindri and it's the most beautiful reddish/brown/sheer berry color I've ever seen. Smells like strawberries, like REAL strawberries, not strawberry candy. Looks great on me (fair-med/yellow undertones). Lasting power is alright, not too thick, not too thin, fades nicely, doesn't leave the dreaded "ring". Thicker than Revlon SL glosses. Price ($16) is a tad too expensive for a "Target" gloss, I don't care who "Pixi" is. Target is Target.

Now if I can just find a way to decant it into an old lipgloss tube . . . . . .

on 7/26/2009 10:09:00 PM

I got this in Zuzana, which is a sheer hot pink.
Target is discontinuing some of the colors in this line. The price is normally $16 (I think a few dollars cheaper than if you bought it at Sephora or online), but I got it on clearance for $8.
I normally don't like click pen lip glosses, but I decided to give this one a try because the color was so pretty.
I'm very happy with it. The gloss is super sheer and has moisturizing qualities. My lips were left very soft, as if I had used a balm.
The product also has a faint strawberry scent and is shiny without being too glossy.
I've had no problems with too much product coming out of the pen, which is the problem I have had with pen-style lip glosses before.

on 2/12/2009 12:07:00 PM

This is from Pixi's line for Target - currently (2009) in stores -

I just purchased this in "Faerie"/No. 9 a few weeks ago - a lovely, shimmery neutral nude color - looks light bronze in the tube but goes on sheer beige/nude and smells like strawberries. It applies easily - although I will say I don't particularly care for the twist-up brush applicator - but that's not a big enough deal to keep me from using it or re-purchasing.

It's not sticky like some of my MAC glosses, and has decent staying power, especially if you apply after some pressed powder on you lips.

I can't wait to purchase more colors - highly recommended to all. I also think this color would work well for all skin tones - will be my go-to this summer.

EDIT: I also purchased this product in Sindri/No. 8, which looks dark and scary in the tube, but goes on a sheer brick red, without a hint of pink. I love it - the perfect darker gloss for those of us that can't do the pink - it's not a blue-red, either. Again, I'm not a huge fan of the twist-up brush, but it's a good enough gloss I'm not complaining, too much! I hope they don't discontinue these - I'll have to buy them out!