4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

This lipstick has the name 'Autumn' written all over it. A very warm red that doesn't have a particular orange or blue tone to it. Very neutral and classic when swatched. But pulls a little rusty and maybe a hint of brown when applied to the lips. Don't get me wrong it's still a red lipstick. But not a true fire engine red as it were. It's an easy daytime red or if you're feeling like you just want to dip your toe in the water and want a starter red lipstick this is a good place to begin. The texture is matte but a very comfortable matte. That will cling to the lips and will still be there at the end of the day. I always wear a red lip pencil underneath to line and fill for a very saturated colour. I apply heavily. Blot. Then apply heavily once again. I am a daily red lipstick wearer and this is a good one to have in your repetoire. Its good for months like October, That transitional month. When the leaves are just starting to fall a little. As it'll warm your complexion and make it glow. Packaging is nice and simple. I love lipsticks packaged in black casing, as it looks really chic. Price point is good, very affordable. A Good everyday red. That will tie in beautifully with a warm apricot blush and a bronzed eye. Revlon know how to do lipsticks.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

8 months ago

I love revlon lipsticks. They last long and the colors are very pigmented. This is a deep bright red and I love it

About reviewer (1040 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I like it but it was kind of drying. I'm doing this thing where I'm trying all the vintage reds. I agree it kind of has a brown base and I'm a summer which means I have a blue undertone but it still works. It did transfer but I think most red lipsticks do.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Classic pinup red, really soft matte but never drying on my lips. I always have one in my handbag and one as a backup in my beauty case. Revlon seems to make the classic lip colours I'm after and never disappoints me. ????????????

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

4 years ago

This is a beautiful neutral red. I just recently discovered this lipstick. I'm NC20-25 and it's very flattering. Also, it is highly pigmented, matte without drying out your lips, and very long lasting. I can see why this is one of Revlon's most highly rated products.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

I know this is one of the highest rated reds by Revlon, but I'm just not feeling the love. It's a brown based matte red that's perfect for a lot of occasions, only slightly drying (especially compared to MAC Mattes) and has no fragrance, so it won't irritate people. The thing is, this color isn't nearly as special as other reds from the same Superlustrous line! I own every single red lipstick from Revlon and this one really doesn't stand out from the crowd. It's almost boring. Ever since I bought it, I've only used it once. Like others said, this is a classic red that suits a lot of people but at the same time, there's nothing special about it. My favorite Revlon reds are Fire&Ice (iconic bright red leaning on coral), Love that Red (bright red without leaning warm or cool, similar to Guerlain Rouge G in Garçon) and Rich Girl Red (sheer warm red). I think everyone needs a red lipstick but this would definitely not be the first one I recommend to anyone.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

4 years ago

Stock up! Yes, it's not blue-red, but it's red against my tan skin. As natural as a red could possibly look on my face. Now I just need a lip liner....

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

4 years ago

Should be named Jersey Tomato, not Really Red. A very orangey-toned red; which I noticed immediately through the little see through cap in the drugstore. But I was looking for a special occasion drop dead red and based on the reviews I thought, 5 bucks, I'll try it anyway. That said.. It is not a red for the faint of heart i.e, people who are afraid of reds. As a lifelong wearer red lipstick fan it was still a bit shocking upon application. Pros: Glamorous, pigmented matte, look at my lips and teeth kind of red. Kinda like old '40's glamour girls. Not a daytime color, but great for going out at night. The tomato coloring actually worked for me anyway and I usually prefer blue toned or totally neutral reds. Cons: Drying. Uneven fading. Doesn't leave a nice stain like Revlon crème reds (think Love that Red, Fire and Ice), instead leaves an ugly, somewhat blotchy mess.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

4 years ago

Really Red 006: what a misnomer! I bought this lipstick hoping for a classic bright, blue-red lipstick and instead discovered a light, burnt orange colour, almost chalky color, on my lips. It's too brick-red, too indefinite a shade, lingering weirdly between orange/brown/red. The color payoff isn't bad, but overall this shade was absolutely not what I expected. In my opinion, this lipstick shade is better described as "Autumn Red" or "Clay Red"---anything but "Really Red" because, in fact, this isn't a really red lipstick at all. It's a non-committal colour: if you've never worn anything close to red lipstick, and are working up the nerve to try it, this shade might be a comfortable, safe shade. But, if you're like me, a red lipstick devotee who loves bright, definite, unmistakably red lips, this shade will likely disappoint. I was much more impressed with Certainly Red 740, also by Revlon, which is a blue-red that delivers all the attention-grabbing, glamorous color and definite brightness I expect from a really red lipstick. In comparison, I much prefer Love that Red 725, again, by Revlon, because it's a spunky, bright, pretty pinky/coral red. So: my newly bought tube of "Really Red" is going to be used as my mixing shade; I'll try and rev it up by experimenting a bit. Once the tube is done, I won't buy Really Red again.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I hate...hate--taking pictures. I cringed just now even imagining the thought of a camera being pointed at me, no shite. But one night, just for giggles, I decided to wear red lipstick, and I chose this one (cos of mad men reasons, duh.) After the vodka and soda started flowing, I agreed to a few pictures--and they're the best ones I've ever taken, no joke. Maybe it was the lipstick, maybe it was the lighting, maybe it was Tito...idk, but every once in awhile, if I'm feeling particularly silly, I will break this out. ETA: anyone who hates this lippie may have the newer, junkier version of it. You can tell by the packaging--the good version is in a sleek, sturdy black tube with silver in the middle, and the shoddy one has gold in the middle. Most importantly, the junky version rubs off way easier, isn't as blue-based, and overall...well, it sucks.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

Age25-29