NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.8

on 4/3/2010 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this for my kit, I think this is the worst Nars product ever. I brought this directly off the internet so didn't realise it had glitter. This has no pigment just glitter not like it showed on the internet swatches. If you want glitter go for this but MAC belightful has a much prettier sheen without the tacky glitter.

on 1/16/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! This is one of the worst products I have ever used. I was so excited to order this- on the NARS website it's described as a Iridescent Gold Ivory and Pink Sand with Golden Sheen. The swatches were pretty- I loved Albatross so I thought what the hey- it's probably another version of it. Nope- it has no pigmentation at all- not that I was expecting much but when I applied it it looked like a glitter bomb exploded- no sheen or color! I do have to say it's pretty glitter but I don't want it all over my face. It also applies very chalky. Bad thing is the glitter doesn't even stay on my skin- it ends up everywhere but my face. I hated to say this but this one is going back!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 3 years now. Love the packaging, I keep it in my purse all the time and its a very sturdy compact. I also love the dewy, glowy look it gives my skin. I usually just dust some on my cheek bones and I'm good to go. I like that it isn't overwhelmingly sparkly like some products but just subtle enough for everyday use. The price is steep BUT its worth it because I've had the same compact for the last 3 years and there is still quite a bit left!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I quite enjoy this blush/highlighter/ whatnot. It's not especially practical, but it adds the prettiest sparkle to my face. It doesn't have very much color, if any, but it adds glitter that is somehow subtle. The glitter is so finely milled and its not completely visible from all angles so I don't feel like such a glitter bomb when I wear it. It's really not a blush, I guess it's a highlighter, but its basically glitter for grown ups. I wouldn't consider it an essential in my makeup routine, it's more like a fun extra.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

First off if you don't like GLITTER then don't purchase this product. It is very much like the irridescent pressed powders from MAC. This can be used as a highlighter. I would not put this all over the face but rather along the cheekbones, brow bone, and inner corner highlight. Ever since I seen it in the store I wanted it. So after two years I finally bought it. I love it I am 25 and can still wear glitter for those of you who are more into shimmer than this is not for you. This is a sophisticated refined glitter but it is still larger particle than shimmer. Older women should stay away from this one. I use this when I want to feel special the way the light hits the sparkles is amazing on my cheeks I love this product and would re purchase when i run out. Great for an evening out!

First of all, application makes a HUGE difference for this product. I use a skunk/stippling brush with a VERY light hand. I use this as a highlighter & I think it's gorgeous! Gives a nice finishing touch glow. I do have to add though...I feel this is more for a night out than for day wear.

on 4/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

This blush is definitely not for the matte loving or highly office sophisticated type, that is for sure. I happen to love glitter, glimmer, sparkle and anything with bling in it. The glitter in this i would say is more of a glimmer- a light sparkle. The glitter is very very fine, almost like a fairy dust sort of shine. The colors dont really show up, it just lightly dusts on a fine shimmer to your skin. I happen to really like this stuff, i use it as eyeshadow too. It kind of gives a weird effect, the powder goes on really matte and powdery but then there is glitter mixed in. I like the look it gives.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

a lot of people seem to dislike this, but i have good luck with the nars highlighting blushes.
i like this for the same reason i like nars new order. i only have to apply a little bit of either side with a fan brush for a bit of a glow along my cheekbones.

i am very, very fair (nc5?). the ivory side is about the same color as my skin tone. i use that on my nose or over other blushes. the peachy side does function as a blush for me. it is like a more washed out sex appeal with gold shimmer, so i use that only on my cheeks (as i wouldn't illuminate my nose, cupids bow etc with a blush). this has almost iridescent gold shimmer, almost suspended in the powder, if that makes sense, similarly to the way nars shadows like the purple side of sugarland do. i would say that this has a 'powder' base, whereas a highlighting blush like miss liberty has a more sheer base (again, using nars shadows as an example, like nars sugarland's gold side).

i think if you are warm toned and from nc5-MAYBE 15/20, this will be amazing on you. it is very golden, so if silvery highlights flatter you, this will look off. if you are any darker than nc10/15 and use a lot of this, it will look chalky and super glittery.

SO tl;dr- i'm super super pale and i love this. it will work best on warmer very fair skin. use a light hand.

on 3/9/2011 8:40:00 AM

Hungry Heart is an exquisitely beautiful product. It is not as versatile as other highlighters, but it really shines (literally and figuratively) in the uses that it is good for.

Hungry Heart is composed of two shades: a sheer cream and a sheer peachy rose. Both colors are suffused with very delicate, finely-milled glitter. This isn't the "disco-ball" kind of glitter...more like the glittering mica you see on some kinds of floors or sidewalks, if that makes any sense. The glitter isn't tightly-packed, and it's only evident when the light hits it a certain way (making it unlike, say, the glitter in some nail polishes and in glitter eyeliner). Really, it's akin to what I imagine fairy dust must be like.

I wear both shades as eyeshadow, both on their own and layered over other shadows. They work beautifully for this purpose; in fact, they look more elegant and subtle than most shimmery shadows, adding a bit of dimension to my lids without looking garish.

For the rest of the face, Hungry Heart adds a beautiful shimmer that is probably better for parties or nighttime than for, say, the office.

I absolutely love this product. It's expensive, yes, but the effect it gives is close to magical. Definitely one of my very favorite face products.

Given the size of this I don't think I'll ever repurchase. Like the other reviewers I agree it's prob. more for night use or for very dramatic rock and roll look.

I do feel that the glitter is pretty subtle and I haven't had any issue with it being overbearing.

Do keep in mind this is a Highlighter not a blush, and is supposed to be layered over other Nars blushes. I like to layer it over cream blushes to set it, I really appreciate the uniqueness of this product and I know it's got neg reviews but I think for what it is it's pretty cute and fun

Popular Blush Products