BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

No Image

3.4

on 4/7/2016 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I live in Dublin and go to the brow bar in House of Fraser Dundrum and they do a brilliant job. Have been going there for the last 5 years or so and I've never had a bad experience.

on 10/6/2013 11:38:00 AM

I started going to the Benefit brow bar after going to the counter in Debenhams in my home town to buy Brow-zings after a traumatic waxing experience where my two brows looked like they had been taken from two different women. I spoke to one of the girls and she was really helpful, telling me to book an appointment when my brows had grown out a bit could be properly shaped and made even, and she gave me a vital tip that your brows are sisters, not twins and to never expect them to look EXACTLY the same (I know a lot of girls who stress about this but it's pretty much impossible for them to look exactly the same!). So anyway fast forward a few weeks and I went for my appointment. I was told that this wax is like a face lift, and they shape your brows to accentuate your face and make them look perfect. The girl then used a pencil to measure where each point of my brow should start and finish and put some little dots in each point with a brow pencil so she knew where to go. She tested the wax on the palm of my hand to make sure it wasn't too hot and then started. The process is really quick and much less painless than most other places I've been to, and I also like that you are sat up rather than laid down like you're in a hospital or something! The girl was really chatty too and really friendly and sweet. Once done she made sure there were no leftover hairs and tweezed out any stragglers and then showed me the brows and asked if they were ok for me. She then touched up my makeup and explained that usually you shouldn't put makeup on just after waxing as it can clog pores and cause spots, but the concealer she used was specially formulated with an anti-inflammatory and soothing agents to take down swelling and speed up the skins healing process. She also asked if I wanted any of the brow kit on or just to have a little Speed Brow on, which is like hairspray for your brows. It cost £18 for what I got, which was a wax and tint, the tint was matched perfectly and they take into account your hair colour, skint tone and eye colour. It sounds expensive but to be honest the treatment is second to none, the service is amazing and if I'm truthful, they do my eyebrows exactly how I like them, they keep the thickness and keep them lovely and defined and I have never gone anywhere else since. I've had my brows done by three different girls there, all are great but if you ever go to the brow bar in Debenhams in Middlesbrough, try to get your appointment with Danielle or Charlie as I felt my brows were best after seeing these two ladies!

on 1/10/2013 8:48:00 AM

I LOVE Benefit Brow Bar....I have been having my brows done once every few months for the last year always in Leicester Debenhams, UK and by the same girl!! She does such a wonderful job every time and always makes sure the tint and wax is 100% before she does anything. I have changed from blonde to brunette a few times and she's always matched to suit the colour. My best friend is always saying how nice my eyebrows are and so next time she's coming with me!! :D

on 5/9/2012 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

The lady that served me at Myers Sydney was SO rude and rough because I didnt want to wax the top of my eyebrow. She dropped wax on my skirt, accidently scratched my face with her long fake nails and on top of this waxed my eyebrows so thin. After all this drama I than had to sit through a girl trying to sell me all these products. Im so disappointed and upset with the service. What a waste of $27 never again Im I going back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all backpackers who cant find jobs and obviously dont care about their customers!!!!!!

on 11/15/2010 9:19:00 PM

Well I didn't get mine *waxed* at a Benefit brow bar - thankfully the atrocity they created washed off. I had just gotten mine done when the Ulta opened up here with the brow bar, but I was already excited to try it out. I was in the Benefit section to buy Benefit's Brow Zings, and the SA offered to show me what it would look like on me and a free lesson on how to apply it. That sounded great, because I wanted to try out the color before buying anyway, and I wanted to see how the pros do it. What this lady did to my brows.. was awful.

First of all, she used the way wrong color on me. I have pale, very pink (cool) toned skin. She used a warm brunette shade on me which would have stood out on its own - if it didn't already because she drew WAY WAY out of the natural line of my brow. You could see my brows, with this different-color outline. To be fair my brows are naturally tougher to deal with - they grow sparsely, yet really long, and are asymmetrical. No one (including myself) can ever get them looking "great".. but usually they're within the realm of "normal". It was beyond ridiculous the way she sent me out of there. I know the checkout clerks stared at me. I looked like a clown. It was super, super obvious. How any human could fail to see this looked funny, I do not know, but especially not a supposedly trained professional.

Before you go to a brow bar all excited, look at the pictures in my profile. Do I think all Benefit employees would do this bad of a job? No, I know some of them (maybe most) do fabulous jobs. But before you go to one, make sure you've seen/heard good things about a specific individual's work, and do not just let anyone there do them. Or at least approach it with the caution you would going to any new, random place. Do not assume because it's a Benefit brow bar that all the employees are well trained and have skill.

Edit: Not sure where the "evidence" pictures went but I re-uploaded them.

Popular Brows Products