Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer
Super Rescue Antioxidant Night MoisturizerSuper Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

4.1

Dry Combination: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower) Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Plankton Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Creatine, Adenosine Phosphate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Sorbitol, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Micrococcus Lysate, Trehalose, Niacinamide, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cholesterol, Zeolite, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Sodium Rna, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Linoleic Acid, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Lecithin, Dimethiconol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Tromethamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Zinc Pca, Mannitol, Isodecyl Salicylate, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Polysorbate 80, Disodium Nadh, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sulfate, Maltodextrin, Ferulic Acid, Dextrin, Xanthan Gum, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

This review is for the dry/combination version - this is my HG night moisturizer. I've been using it for at least two years now. It is a lifesaver (along with a humidifier) in the winter. I am very oily on forehead and nose and a little dry on cheeks, also very acne-prone. This does not break me out and leaves my skin a delightful texture, it feels creamy going on and does not leave you greasy. It's expensive but if you are careful only putting on a thin layer (which is all you need) you can make one tube last at least three months if not longer. I want to try the version for oily skin as a potential daytime winter moisturizer when I run out of Solvere (which is my all-around HG moisturizer).

This used to be my holy grail night moisturizer, but it randomly started clogging my pores and breaking me out after I bought my last tube. I removed it from my routine to make sure it was the culprit and when I used it, I would find clogged pores on my chin the next day. When I didn't use it for a few days, they would clear up and I wouldn't get any more white bumps until I started using it again. It's got great ingredients and I like that the packaging can keep them stable, but the little pimples aren't worth it. The dry/dry combo formula is too clogging and the oily/oily combo formula isn't hydrating enough.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible product!!! I got a sample size of this and after using it once, my skin broke out in tiny little bumps all over leaving my face dry, patchy and itchy for a week and a half. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but there's definitely something in this product that doesn't work.

on 5/17/2016 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I absolutely love this moisturizer. It is my holy grail moisturizer, wish it was a little cheaper, the price is a little extortionate (part of why I took off one lippie.)

I have combination skin. I get very oily in my t-zone an and d cheeks but I'm aslo prone to severly dry spots if i don't properly moisturizer or use incorrect products. So I use the version for combination-dry skin.

I love that this is chock full of antioxidants. Best of all, it moisturizes just the right amount and does not break out my severly clog prone skin.

The only thing aside from price that I'm not crazy about is the packaging. I'm glad it's in a tube rather than a tub but the tube doesn't allow you to get all the product out. I always have to cut open the tube and remove the remainder of the product which gives me another month of use! I wish it was packaged in an airless pump. For the price, I'd expect the packaging to not cheat me out of a month of product.

Anyhow, aside from my packaging gripe, this is a phenomenal moisturizer. It's the only one I've used for 4 years or more and I intend to stick by it. :)

on 2/26/2016 11:25:00 PM

This moisturizer is average it did not cause any stinging nor did it feel heavy. Even the one for dry to very dry skin was not heavy thick or sticky it melts right in especially for my super dry cheeks. Once applied it seems to help with the dryness but once it dries down and is absorbs my cheeks fell dry again. This did not really do much. In hot or humid weather its still doesn't moisturizer but just turns oily. The one for combination oily was not hydrating at all it even turns my cheeks slight red as I apply and rub it in.

on 12/31/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitive and reactive fair skin and was diagnosed with rosacea last year that is dry in the winter and normal in the warmer months.

I am really loving this cream so far. I've had no redness or reactions to it at all, which is rare. It goes on nicely, dries quickly, doesn't have irritating fragrance, doesn't break me out and moisturizes nicely. However, since I tend to be really dry in the winter, it's not quite enough moisture on its own so I wear it underneath my DML Forte Cream and wake up with a very bright and even skin tone (I also use Finacea gel for the rosacea). I know this works because if I just do my normal routine without it, my skin will be a little blotchy after I get up and move around in the morning. There is something in this that really calms my redness, which is why I also wear it under my makeup during the day, my skin hasn't looked this good in over a year.

I wish the price was a little lower ($48) because it's not a huge tube.

on 12/24/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Just great !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for a week and it actually made the tightness of my skin worse. I even put Cerave cream over it and it still dried my skin out. My guess is that there is some kind of exfoliant in this product because that's the feeling it gave me. My skin is ultra-sensitive in the winter and I can very easily strip the moisture barrier just by washing or using a wash cloth. So, this product was a huge no-no for me. However, I could see how it would work well for a person with oilier skin or skin that reacts better to exfoliation than mine does.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My skin is normal to combination oily, except my forehead, which tends to be dry. I don't feel like this moisturizer provides enough hydratation to that area. If it weren't for that, I'd give it 5 lippies because it's the best moisturizer I ever used. It's THAT good.
I was using Nuxe. My skin was irritated and red the whole time. No luster, a few pimples, it basically ruined my skin. After such bad experience, I turned to Clinique because of the amazing reviews I've read.
It cleared all the redness, doesn't have fragance, a little goes a long way. It has light texture and absorbs quickly - a dream to apply.
It's pricey but well worth it, in my opinion. It made my skin amazing again (drinking 1,5L of water every day also helped).
I will buy again and again.
Unfortunately, I feel like I also need a serum, at least for my dry area (I'm a perfectionist). I'm sure a lot of people with combination skin go through this: a moisturizer for oily-combination is enough for oily-normal areas, but not enough for drier spots; yet a moisturizer for dry-normal is way too much for oily areas.
I'd still categorize Clinique's Super Rescue as brilliant and would recommend it to anyone who needs a good, reliable, gentle but effective moisturizer.

on 8/24/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was very excited to try this product after reading the fantastic reviews as I wanted a few extra antioxidants in my night time regime. My skin is slightly sensitive but can handle treatment products with retinol no problem so I assumed this product would be fine.

After forking out a hefty $90, I was expecting big things. The product stung a bit when I applied it but that didn't bother me as other reviewers said this can happen. The next morning I woke to find my skin red and sore and covered in tiny bumps. I persevered for a few days but it just got worse and I was left with horrible dry patches and very sore skin.

I've stopped using it but my skin still hasn't returned to normal. I normally have a great complexion and it's just horrible after using the Super Rescue.

Having said all this, I would like to add that Clinique's customer service was fantastic. All I had to do was send the product back reply paid and they sent me replacement products. I've asked for the Even Better Brightening Mask and the Almost Lipstick Black Honey - reviews to follow!