NARS Super Orgasm

3.6

on 9/11/2008 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After having given up on Nars Orgasm after trying it, oh, five or so times (the hype got to me), I never imagined that anything in the Orgasm family would work on me, but this does. In the pan, it's a pinky coral with big chunks of gold glitter...scary and unappealing at my age (34) but when I used my MAC 188 brush with it, sweeping it lightly and then spanking it (ooh) on my wrist, then buffing this on, I was very pleasantly surprised with the results. The glittery surface is misleading and might scare people away, but it's simply a sexy, shimmery flush once applied. This also should have come out just before the Summer in my opinion...this is a hot, summery blush. The gold glitter is subtle, but it's definitely visible, but not over-the-top. Like you combined a pretty blush with a highlighter. Two in one. It looked like what Orgasm should have been on me. Shimmery, sultry and a little dangerous. NC35/MMM/Oily

Being the NARS blush fanatic that I am (see my profile pics for more NARS blush goodness), I immediately had to have this. While I'm not a *huge* fan of the original Orgasm (I think it is just ok), I absolutely love this one. As you can see from my comparison pic posted above, it is a much more pigmented color with actual gold glitter, not just shimmer. However, the glitter can definitely be buffed out, leaving a gorgeous and perfect pink sheen. I used to hate glitter and avoid it, and the glitter in this is not OTT if you buff it in. This instantly jumped to my top favorites, and is a great wearable color. I do agree with verybecca's review, in that this does seem like more of a summer color, but I will totally wear it year-round. I love it!

on 9/12/2008 10:58:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE Nars' Orgasm blush. And I also LOVE shimmer and glitter (yeah, and I'm in my 50s; sue me; I make my own rules, thank you very much). I will deffinitely give this one a try. The original Orgasm is my all-time favorite.

on 9/18/2008 5:33:00 AM

i never understood the hype of the original Orgasm blush, so i never actually owned it (and i am a blush JUNKIE). as soon as i saw this i KNEW i had to have it. don't let the glitter fool you, you will NOT end up looking like a disco ball or a glitter-crazed teenager. the glitter was easily buffed out, and i was left with the more gorgeous pink flush. for reference, NC35.

on 9/20/2008 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a shimmery blush, it's not over the top, but if you are not a shimmer fan I suggest you skip right by this one. That being said, I LOVE this blush!! It's a bit more pinky and deeper than the original Orgasm blush. The shimmer looks huge and chunky in the pan, but it is more subtle once you have it on. Big rave from me!!

on 9/20/2008 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE!! this blush, it's pinker and deeper than the original Orgasm. It works perfectly with my skin tone which Orgasm did not and I ended up returning it. It gives me that perfect glow, brightens up my skin instantly. Since it's limited I plan to purchase another soon!

Shame on me for falling for hype. Well once again an "orgasm" product didn't really work on me. This color isn't that much different from the original - the only difference is this has huge pieces of glitter in it. What I don't like is how when you apply it they migrate towards your hairline. Not attractive. Also I have to put a lot of this on for it to show up and I have a light complexion, in theory this really should work on me - but doesn't. The color ends up looking dull and muddy. It seems like it would be a saturated color, but it's not. I much prefer Clinique's "Precious Posy" it's a much better version Super Orgasm (or regular orgasm for that matter). It gives that total GLOW to your face without chunky glitter. It doesn't have a catchy: giggle-when-you-pull-it-out-of-your-bag-or-when-someone-asks-you-what-color-blush-you're-wearing Marketing trick that "O" does. But it totally works - which in my book is better than hype.

on 9/20/2008 6:36:00 PM

I think I like this better than the original Orgasm. On me this looks like a deeper pink with less gold sheen as the original. In the pan it looks like it has chunky glitter but on my face it shows up as very minimal gold sparkle. Not over the top at all as I feared when I ordered it! I think alot of people may be turned off by the way it looks in the pan- but definitely give it a try! For reference I'm PPP NC20.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

UGH yet another NARS hyped product that is "all hat no cattle" as we say. This looks awful on: like shimmery dirt with chunks of glitter in it. They're got to be making enough on the original - but I guess there's always more money to be made when you name a blush orgasm, no?

on 9/21/2008 6:27:00 PM

Yuck. Glitter migrated to my hair and looked like dandruff. I'm taking it back to Sephora - a mediocre color that adds dandruff. I'll pass.