Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

Filtered by hair type : Other
Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++
Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

4.5

Original (gold bottle): Dimethicone, Water, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isopropyl Myristat, Talc, Isododecane, Octocrylene, POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9 Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Diisopropyl sebacate, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, Dextrin palmitate, Xylitol, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Distearyldimonium chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, FragranceMild, for sensitive skin (light gold bottle): Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Diisopropyl sebacate, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Diethylhexyl succinate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Rosa roxburghii extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearyl Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Pyrosulfite, Tocopherol

Pros:
+ Waterproof
+ Absord quickly
+ Not drying
+ Does not cause breakouts
+ Can be used as primer
+ Suitable for both dry & oily skin

Cons:
+ None

Anessa UV perfect PA++++ (the newest version) is the PERFECT sunscreen. It has a lovely milky, thin consistency and never balls up or is noticeable under make-up. Once on, it takes about 3-4 minutes to completely disappear into skin. I have tried sunscreens by Clinique and Avene which claim to do this, but they always feel sticky and noticeable on my skin. This is by far the easiest sunscreen I have ever used. It doesn't feel like sunscreen. It's unlike any UK or USA-made product I have ever tried and makes me think that the Japanese *really* know what they're doing when it comes to sunscreen. I'm sure loads more people would use sunscreen more regularly if they tried this stuff and realised that it doesn't have to be heavy, sticky, oily and time-consuming to wear (and the fact that it doesn't interfere with make-up is a definite plus).

I have worn this in mid-summer in Cyprus and never got sunburnt or a tan. I also love the fact it has excellent UVA protection as well as a high SPF. I've got through about 5 bottles of this stuff and I will definitely continue to buy it.

on 7/26/2013 9:37:00 AM

This review is for the 2013 version (PA++++, UV filters include ZO, Tinosorb S & Uvinul A Plus). This sunscreen, just as its predecessor, is the HG of sunscreens to me. The finish is absolutely unbeatable: a powdery, matte, barely there feeling, even if you apply the recommended 1/4 tsp several times a day.

This product doesn't ball up, doesn't cling to irregularities like beard stubbles (yes, a sunscreen savvy guy here), doesn't leave a white cast and can easily be applied without a mirror. Yes, it does contain a lot of alcohol, so might not be suited for people with very dry or sensitive skin. Also take care not to get this stuff in your eyes. Using a different, alcohol free sunscreen for your eye area might be a good idea. If this sunscreen is too drying or irritating for you, try Anesse Perfect Essence, which is more moisturising and seems to contain less alcohol. It has a less matte finish than Perfect UV though and also seems to be less resistant to sweating/rubbing.

For my normal/dry, not acne-prone skin, this sunscreen is amazing. It's the only highly protective sunscreen that I can use over and over again, without people asking if I'm hot/sweating (because of shine) or sick (because of white cast). Even though I'm on tretinoin, this product doesn't sting when applied.

Only small con: this new, more protective edition, is fragranced. Luckily, the scent is barely noticeable, nothing compared to the disgusting scent of many other Shiseido products.

Btw, I order my Anessa sunscreens at http://ichibanko.com: good prices, fast and kind service.

on 6/6/2013 5:00:00 AM

This is similar to a lot of Japanese sunscreens in the packaging and consistency. As with most of these, shake it up first, then squeeze it out... Be careful because it comes out runnier that you may expect. I usually squeeze enough out for one cheek, apply, then the other, apply, and so forth, because it does absorb pretty quickly and mattifies nicely. (This is the difference between Anessa & other similar sunscreens... Usually they do not absorb nearly so quickly and do not have such a matte finish.) This is a great foundation for makeup, so you really don't need a primer with this if you don't want to. (And if you think about not having to buy primer, then the value is actually a lot better as it can be a 2-in-1.) As with all sunscreens, you have to make sure to re-apply throughout the day if you're out for a while... I've made that mistake and where I sweat by my hairline, I did get a bit pink.

on 1/7/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most expensive sunblock I ever purchased but I love it! It's really strong so I only use it when I exercise under the hot sun or if I were outdoors for a long period.

The texture is great - isn't drying but it also produces a matte finish so I don't have to blot at all. Not that I have oily skin but I just don't like to have any oil on my face when I'm outside.

The only down side is that it's pricy. I wish it's the same price as kose's.

on 12/21/2012 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad, nothing special though. It doesn't break out my skin though! So that is the biggest plus.

on 8/8/2012 12:04:00 AM

shiseido has long been a favorite brand of sunscreen for me and i've tried multiple different lines of its sunscreens over the years and i've loved them all. this particular one offers great sun protection, is lightweight, and dries down to a nice matte but velvety finish. makeup goes on beautifully with no piling... it almost feels like it acts as a primer of sorts. there is no burning sensation even when i get it closer to my eyes. my only slight gripe with this is that it can feel a little drying and can accentuate dry patches on the skin if my skin is already a little dehydrated. however, with proper skincare, it's not a big issue. i've already used up 3 bottles of this and am on my 4th!

on 8/13/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

*dances around and rings bells* LOVE THIS STUFF! I got a sample of this included in the packaging of the Anessa Perfect Essence SS I got from ichibankao and I found that I liked this way more. It's very light but not too light (on my oily skin it's even somewhat moisturizing, which means I don't need to use anything underneath it). Less product on my face means I have less stuff sitting on my skin during the course of the day, which means less breakouts.. Yay! For me, the number one criteria of any SS is whether or not it breaks me out. Most DO. This one hasn't at all and I've used it essentially ever day for 2 months. It's like the Japanese have found the magical formula of sunscreen that feels like nothing on your skin. I did notice I was breaking out when it was 100 degrees (read: 35-ish) every day a few weeks ago, but I think just existing in that sort of hot, sweaty weather makes me break out, no matter what I have on my face. Now it has cooled down a lot and I'm back to using this every day with great results. I would recommend this to anyone who wants good protection with a light, but not over-drying feel. It works great under makeup as well. It's a little pricy, but not nearly as expensive as the heavier, white-cast-ier Shiseido SSs they are selling at Sephora right now.

Note that I got a sample bottle of a new pink bottle Anessa SS and I LOVES IT. It's more of a whipped moisturizer feel and it's wonderful.. Would definitely recommend if you need a little more moisture. Hasn't broken me out at all, will purchase the gold and pink together next time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this after I finished the Perfect Smooth Sunscreen (which lasted over a year with daily use) and when I began using an acne treatment that caused the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 sunscreen to pill up. Overall, this sunscreen is very close to the Perfect Smooth version, but this version does not create as matte of a finish, meaning the need for a primer is greater with this formula. Since it isn't as matte, it also isn't as drying which makes it better for colder months. For oily skin, the Perfect Smooth version is better but this is an acceptable alternative that never fails to give flawless protection. Also, although Shiseido recommends you buy the removing gel for its Anessa line, I use the Clarisonic to remove my makeup and there's no trace of this sunscreen afterwards.

on 5/25/2010 1:10:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product - it's smooth, doesn't leave a direful white cast that most sunscreens do, doubles as a primer and keeps my face matte all day... unfortunately, it causes congestion on my face. I have used it on and off for several months now and have noticed clogged pores whenever I use this product for 2 or more days consecutively. It is waterproof and thus I used my Dermalogica oil cleanser to remove it - but to no avail, breakouts continued to occur.