ANESSA Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

Filtered by age: 36-43
ANESSA Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++
Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

4.2

Original (gold bottle): Dimethicone, Water, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isopropyl Myristat, Talc, Isododecane, Octocrylene, POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9 Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Diisopropyl sebacate, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, Dextrin palmitate, Xylitol, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Distearyldimonium chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, FragranceMild, for sensitive skin (light gold bottle): Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Diisopropyl sebacate, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Diethylhexyl succinate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Rosa roxburghii extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearyl Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Pyrosulfite, Tocopherol

on 1/1/2018 2:04:00 AM

Currently there are 2 main types of Anessa sunscreen, indicated by gold and silver packaging. The gold type (Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster) is “super waterproof” and has a silky, light finish. The silver type (Essence UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster) is “waterproof” and extra moisturizing with a dewier finish. Both gold and silver are supposed to come off easily with regular soap or face wash, and currently also come in mild and facial formulations as well. (The basic gold and silver types are OK for both face and body use)

If I could have only one sunscreen for the rest of my life, it would be the basic gold one. It comes out really oily and the first time I tried it I thought I had made a terrible mistake, but within a minute the oil completely sank into my skin and left a silky, smooth, natural finish that was neither too dewy nor too matte. It balances my combination skin, calming the oily areas and protecting the dry areas, and caused no breakouts or other negative reactions. My makeup goes on easily over it, and it seems like it has something of a pore-smoothing primer effect. I would recommend the gold type for normal weather, and/or oily to combination skin.

I’ve also tried the silver facial type. I bought it during the height of summer and it was much too moist at that time. It sat on top of my skin like a thick wall of glossy slime and even though it didn't cause any breakouts I hated the way it felt. Fast forward to December when the temperature dropped below freezing and there was no humidity in the air, and this thick rich silver sunscreen came into its own. It gently hugs my skin and shields it from the elements like the loving hands of angels. The finish is no longer shiny, it’s natural, and it stays balanced all day long. The silver type is excellent for extremely dry weather and/or dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Original reviews:

This sunscreen has been number 1 very hyped Asian sunscreen for many years. It recently became available in two different versions.
Golden bottle (product preview or third picture) - Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster SPF50+ PA++++
Light gold bottle (second picture) - Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster Mild SPF50+ PA++++
The difference between two is huge, mild one formulated for sensitive skins, doesn't have alcohol, mineral oils, fragrance or preservatives among ingredients. The original formula is super waterproof.

Here are the ingredients lists:

Like an idiot, I've managed to check an English version of the ingredients list for a Mild formula but bought an original one.
It's very watery, a pleasure to apply, and it doesn't leave a white cast. It's 80 min water resistant and easy to reapply. It will remove any shine from the face.
I have sensitive dehydrated skin and high alcohol content from the original formula badly dried it out till the deepest layers (at least that how it feels). I'm very sensitive to Isopropyl Myristate, so now I have clogged pores and pimples.
I think it's an amazing product for people with an oily non-sensitive skin, but I will purchase a sensitive skin version and review it later.
For now, I can't give it more than 3 stars.

UPDATE: Sensitive skin version - Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster Mild SPF50+ PA++++
WOW! My search for a facial sunscreen is over. I used it daily for a month now, so I feel confident to write an update.
- the mild version is a bit thicker than the original formula, but there is also no white cast;
- it's non-drying, even if used without moisturizer underneath;
- no oily residue whatsoever if I use it without moisturizer underneath;
- no clogged pores;
- no irritation;
- works great under makeup.
AMAZING product! HG! Must have from now on.

UPDATE April 10th 2018:
This sunscreen (at least it's Sensitive skin version since I can't bare the dryness of the original formula) doesn't work under the sun. It was great during the winter, but my face becomes really red and irritated after 2 hours outdoor walk and it's only the beginning of April. I live in Northern California and this sunscreen doesn't do the job even here. My husband took it for a ski trip in the Alps and got burned.
I regret repurchasing it. This is a good sunscreen only for at the office days. Doesn't worth considering for summer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I heard about this sunscreen from Bois de Jasmin's blog earlier this summer. Anessa Perfect UV is a great sunscreen, albeit a bit pricey compared to other Japanese sunscreens. It has a runny consistency and needs to be shaken properly before application. Dries to a matte, comfortable finish and stays on all day until removal. I double-cleanse with Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm followed by either Cerave hydrating or foaming cleanser to make sure it is properly removed, and have had no problems.

I'm in Canada and purchased a bottle from eBay for about $16. Shipping was fast (within a week or so) because the bottle is tiny (25ml) and the package came via air mail.

NOTE: I also purchased Biore UV Perfect Face Milk (30ml) and both are comparable in consistency and matte-finish.

The Biore is half the price of the Anessa, so in the future, I will likely stick with repurchasing the Biore instead.

Overall, a great sunscreen, though pricey compared to other Japanese brands with the same consistency and matte finish.

on 5/3/2011 9:03:00 PM

This is a fantastic light, liquid sunscreen. It does dry my skin, so I need to apply moisturizer prior. Good waterproof protection. So far has not broken out my skin. I use DHC oil or Dermalogica Precleanse to remove it. I was lucky to find it in an Asian cosmetics shop in Texas.

Update: After trying other Japanese sunscreens, I have to say this one feels heavy and rubbery. Like a layer of latex on the skin, but not greasy. The Sofina and Biore sunscreens are lighter on the skin.

on 9/13/2010 1:38:00 PM

This sunscreen, for me, is a flat out miracle. I was visiting Korea and tried my aunt's and was amazed. It was the least greasy yet high-SPF sunscreen I have ever found. I've tried everything and had basically given up, only using SPF 15 ones because everything higher was too shiny, heavy, oily you name it. (I could only really tolerate Olay Complete SPF15, and then they went and changed the formula on me.)

This one dries totally matte, goes on smoothly and easily (it's a fluid, not a lotion or cream really), and doesn't break me out in the least. The only minus I can imagine is that it does leave a bit of a whitish cast (which for me is ok since my skin is pretty light, but probably wouldn't be great for darker skintones.) I guess my version is the gold one, which is supposedly more sweatproof than the other ones, but again, this did not feel greasy to me at all. (I can't imagine how light the other ones must be then!) It's pricey but totally worth it. I am stunned they don't sell this or even anything like this in the US; it blows every other sunscreen I've used out of the water.