ANESSA Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

Filtered by age: 25-29
ANESSA Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++
Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

4.8

Original (gold bottle): Dimethicone, Water, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isopropyl Myristat, Talc, Isododecane, Octocrylene, POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9 Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Diisopropyl sebacate, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, Dextrin palmitate, Xylitol, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Distearyldimonium chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, FragranceMild, for sensitive skin (light gold bottle): Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Diisopropyl sebacate, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Diethylhexyl succinate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Rosa roxburghii extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearyl Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Pyrosulfite, Tocopherol

on 1/14/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

his is a fantastic light, liquid sunscreen. It does dry my skin, so I need to apply moisturizer prior. Good waterproof protection. So far has not broken out my skin. I use DHC oil or Dermalogica Precleanse to remove it. I was lucky to find it in an Asian cosmetics shop in Texas.

on 7/1/2015 4:28:00 AM

i have this one in its latest packaging, though not sure if it changed or not. this is a really good sunscreen to use for everyday life, it is thin milky fluid and i really love the fluid texture of foundations and sunscreens lately bc i like the lightweight feel in the daytime. this goes on really well under makeup, also its really good by itself, as it dries to a matte finish with no greasy feel during the course of the day, i have combo oily skin in summer so I really appreciate this. only thing i dont like is price bc it is expensive and also quite hard to find.

Anessa UV perfect PA++++ (the newest version) is the PERFECT sunscreen. It has a lovely milky, thin consistency and never balls up or is noticeable under make-up. Once on, it takes about 3-4 minutes to completely disappear into skin. I have tried sunscreens by Clinique and Avene which claim to do this, but they always feel sticky and noticeable on my skin. This is by far the easiest sunscreen I have ever used. It doesn't feel like sunscreen. It's unlike any UK or USA-made product I have ever tried and makes me think that the Japanese *really* know what they're doing when it comes to sunscreen. I'm sure loads more people would use sunscreen more regularly if they tried this stuff and realised that it doesn't have to be heavy, sticky, oily and time-consuming to wear (and the fact that it doesn't interfere with make-up is a definite plus).

I have worn this in mid-summer in Cyprus and never got sunburnt or a tan. I also love the fact it has excellent UVA protection as well as a high SPF. I've got through about 5 bottles of this stuff and I will definitely continue to buy it.

I wrote this review a few days ago for the Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV AA sunscreen. Then i realised i'm not sure if the one i bought is actually the EX sunscreen, I think it is cos i bought the latest version from Narita Airport, I know it's the latest version as it's PA++++, unlike all the older Shiseido sunscreens which are only PA+++ .
The reason it's confusing is 'cause I can't read the Japanese words on the packaging.

Anyway I copied and pasted my review:

I came across this sunscreen at a store in Narita Airport, while in transit.
I don't usually write product reviews, but this sunscreen is just so good that it would be selfish to not write a review! Btw the one I bought was the latest formulation, which is PA++++!

Most sunscreens bother me so much, as the powerful ones (la roche posay, blue lizard etc) tend to leave a whitish tint on my face, and since i often don't apply makeup over, i just end up looking paler.

This Anessa sunscreen is not only powerful (i repeat PA++++), but it also almost Disappears into skin, just leaving it slightly more matte. Some people will like the matte look, some won't, but it's way better than having a white-cast on your face! So if u don't apply makeup after putting on this sunscreen, your skin will still look fine.

It doesn't cause skin problems at all, even though often I'm so lazy that i don't wash it off before bed. And I have not gotten the slightest tan or burn over the past week that I've used this sunscreen.
The price is not cheap, but it's worth it i think.

I will definitely order this online. And buy it whenever I'm stopping over in Narita airport. =)

on 1/7/2012 4:49:00 AM

This feels like velvet on my skin. Just beautiful. It dries completely matte and clear on my dark skin tone. I haven't experienced any breakout yets. My makeup glides on over the top.

So it fulfils every single criteria of sunscreen that I wanted... except one....
It still made my face hyperpigmented in my problem areas.

I bought this 2 months ago in Korea (Whilst on my way to Europe) after having a massive fail with other sunscreens I thought I'd try this given the good reviews. Well one day I went out in the sun with this on (just my face as I was fully covered because it was WINTER) after 15 mins I noticed that my face had hyperpigmented. I ran and put my hat back on.

When trying to put makeup on the next morning my foundation did not match around my mouth, on my cheeks and forehead (this are the spots that hyperpigment for me). The foundation looked particularly grey around my mouth.

I was so sad that after 15 mins this had made me hyperpigment faster than when I don't wear sunscreen at all.
In everyother way it is perfect.

I will stick to wearing my hat until I find a sunscreen that works.
Maybe I'll try one of the European ones that are meant to have high PPD/UVA coverage.

on 8/13/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

*dances around and rings bells* LOVE THIS STUFF! I got a sample of this included in the packaging of the Anessa Perfect Essence SS I got from ichibankao and I found that I liked this way more. It's very light but not too light (on my oily skin it's even somewhat moisturizing, which means I don't need to use anything underneath it). Less product on my face means I have less stuff sitting on my skin during the course of the day, which means less breakouts.. Yay! For me, the number one criteria of any SS is whether or not it breaks me out. Most DO. This one hasn't at all and I've used it essentially ever day for 2 months. It's like the Japanese have found the magical formula of sunscreen that feels like nothing on your skin. I did notice I was breaking out when it was 100 degrees (read: 35-ish) every day a few weeks ago, but I think just existing in that sort of hot, sweaty weather makes me break out, no matter what I have on my face. Now it has cooled down a lot and I'm back to using this every day with great results. I would recommend this to anyone who wants good protection with a light, but not over-drying feel. It works great under makeup as well. It's a little pricy, but not nearly as expensive as the heavier, white-cast-ier Shiseido SSs they are selling at Sephora right now.

Note that I got a sample bottle of a new pink bottle Anessa SS and I LOVES IT. It's more of a whipped moisturizer feel and it's wonderful.. Would definitely recommend if you need a little more moisture. Hasn't broken me out at all, will purchase the gold and pink together next time.

on 1/4/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this sunscreen. It's very light for SPF50, doesn't feel greasy at all. After I apply it, my skin feels smooth and soft. It does feel like a barrier from all the sun damage, for some reason I think you should use a moisturizer with this.
It says it is water resistant, so I use baby oil to remove it.
So far it didn't break me out.

on 8/10/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was attracted to this product after the raving reviews from MUA. I really love the product! Having just came back from 10 days holiday in Majorca worshipping the sun, this product has served me so well! It goes on very smoothly on the face and it is not sticky at all. After which i put a lil mineral powder and off I go all day in the beach.
I have acne prone skin but it hasnt caused much of a problem and i wipe them off using johnson&johnson cleansing wipe. Very good buy! love it