Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 25-29
Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.8

So, here is the trouble with this primer. It smells wonderful, the packaging is attractive and that is where it ends for me. This primer does nothing for me that or it does so very little I have no chance in hell of figuring out what that is. I wear MMU and have combination skin in the winter. When I wear this under MMU or liquid foundation my dry patches are all exposed. Also, I do have larger pores on my nose and cheek area which are not at all minimized. For 32 bucks I expected better! This is one of those primers that adds to the public opinion that a primer is useless and does nothing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is really great - I've tried just about all primers - both high end and drug store and am finding that this one is the best for me. I don't use it all over -even though maybe I should!

I use this on my nose and the pores just around my nose, and my forehead a little...it does a good job of keeping the oilies and shineys away for the day, and smells great, too.

This stuff is very spendy. I'm lucky that I was able to get it in a swap.

I would recc trying to swap for it, or getting samples from Sephora before committing to a whole bottle because it is spendy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have a small travel size bottle of this primer, and I have the full size of this primer in the green color (I have also reviewed that if you're interested).

The texture of the MUFE HD primers is a nice one. It's like a very light lotion that sinks right into my skin (combination dry and slightly oily) and goes on evenly. It doesn't have the supernaturally silky smooth feel of some primers, rather it leaves the skin smooth and feeling lightly moisturized and well prepped for makeup application. The primer helps smooth over imperfections a little bit, making makeup go on a bit better over enlarged pores, or dry patches, etc. It has worked well with all the foundations I have tried with it.

I only need a small amount of this primer, about 1/2 a pump to one pump from the big bottle, or about a pea size from the travel-size bottle I have. I use it all over my face, including in the eye area.
If you want to save yourself time, or sheer down a foundation, it also works well to mix the primer with liquid foundation on the back of your hand before applying with a brush.

I like this primer, but I prefer the green one which helps tone down my redness, and I'm interested in trying the blue one, as the green adds a bit of yellow to my complexion that I'm uncertain about. For these reasons I have indicated that I would not buy this primer again, but I would definitely consider buying a MUFE primer of the same formula again.
However, I'm still not 100% happy with this primer, I've recently tried the Hourglass Veil primer (so expensive) and I think I like it more.

on 8/23/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love it. I used to be skeptical of primers in general - I don't wear much makeup anyway so what do I care about staying power? Plus I get milia and nose blackheads super easily, so naturally I fear all new products and usually research the bejeezus out of them.
..........................................................................................
I got a deluxe sample of this on a whim and oh. my. god. I didn't realize what poor texture my skin had until I tried it. Soft skin. Smooth skin. Mostly-controlled flakies. And after a few months of use, no milia! No blackheads! Amor. I've worn this under and over my sunblock, after which I usually add a wee bit of concealer as needed, plus a drop of blush so I don't look dead, and that's all folks. Brilliant!
Just bought a full size bottle of the neutral, but I think I'd like to try the mauve or blue. I really wish my sephora wouldn't treat me like a freeloader when I ask for samples - it's such a pain (for me and them) to have to return %70 of my purchases. Bah.