Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

on 7/30/2016 8:30:00 AM

Nice, smooth finish.

on 2/25/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a really great silicone primer. It makes my face soft, nice and without any bump, ridges or apparent pores. There's not lingering smell to it and it makes my foundation last longer. However, I gotta say that, to me, this primer is almost exactly the same as E.l.f. HD primer, so I'm not sure why I should pay that much for this primer when I can get the Elf Hd primer for a fraction of the cost. For this reason, I would not repurchase, but it's still a really great product.

on 11/20/2014 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I just bought a new bottle, and dudes, considering how insanely pricey this is, that's saying a lot. I wear this two ways. One, mixed with a bit of foundation, during the day, for an airbrushed look. Two, as the primer underneath my foundation on date nights. This is not going to last ALLNIGHTLONG. Try a more heavy duty hard core primer.

This is a more dewy, smoothening type primer that works really well on making you look natural and while keeping the oilies at bay. But if you're crazy oily, like me, it's not going to be that effective.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a MAC girl. For primers I either used MACs primer, or monistat. I was getting married and decided to buy the MUFE primer/foundation/powder mini kit that they sell at sephora. I got a smaller size of all 3 (primer/foundation/powder).

HORRIBLE. The primer is super watery.

I have oily skin, and this seemed to magnify it. Like after I applied makeup, and did my hair, my face was already super shiny. Like it felt like I had worn the makeup at the beach and it had only been an hour.

I will definitly not purchase this product ever again.

I will be buying another bottle of monistat. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself some money. Monistat anti chafing gel is THE BEST primer.

on 11/29/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At first I liked this so much since it smells wonderful and fresh and it felt like a light gel moisturizer when applied; but after using it a couple of times I realized that it wasn't even really doing anything except lightly moisturizing my face. It didn't make my skin feel flawless nor did it help my makeup stay on longer which is the reason why us ladies buy primer!! Definitely won't purchase this again nor will I buy any other products from MUFE since it is not a cruelty free brand.

on 4/29/2013 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Someone gave this to me as a birthday gift and I must say I am very satisfied with this product. My makeup stayed on longer and didn't budge even at the middle of the day. I liked how just the right amount of product comes out so you really get just enough and don't let any of it go to waste. Wouldn't buy one again pretty soon though since I find it a bit too expensive and I'd rather splurge on other skin care.

on 1/8/2013 4:12:00 PM

This primer is fine, but nothing special. It works as well as pretty much every other primer I've tried on my combination skin. However, this one doesn't have SPF, which to me is a negative. Since this primer isn't any better or cheaper than others, I'll probably go with another product next time.

Overall: Fine, but doesn't do anything unique and isn't competitively priced.
Value: Not great. For primers, it's on the expensive side of average and doesn't perform any better. There are probably other primers that will work equally well that are cheaper.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this. I have previously used the Green, but never the neutral. This is not a bad primer. I was impressed that I did not need much and got 3 uses out of one sample packet. I do think it helped moisturize and smooth out my skin. I am just not sure if it is worth the price tag. I am not a fan of the bottles. It is hard to see how much is left and the bottle lids do not twist off for you to get it all out.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I used this in conjunction with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. Both were samples from Sephora.

Having tried a number of primers (my HG NARS Pro Prime, BE Primer, MAC Prep + Prime, Korres Silicone Free, Lancome La Base Pro, Cinema Secrets Ultimate), this one did not stand out, for better or worse. I would recommend trying it as a sample if you are in love with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation just to see if it makes a positive difference using the two products as a pair.

I like to wear sunscreen every day as part of my skin care routine. I have combination skin, and don't like to add too many layers underneath my foundation, so I love it if my primers accomplish these goals:
1) creates a smooth surface to apply my foundation and makes my foundation look better than without the primer;
2) takes the place of moisturizer for my dry cheeks;
3) acts as oil control for my T-zone;
4) has enough sunscreen to take the place of an additional sunscreen layer;
5) and makes my foundation last longer than without the primer.

Did this primer do that?
1) yes;
2) not really - my cheeks looked dry after I set the foundation with powder (but this could be the foundation's issue too);
3) decent but not amazing oil control;
4) does not have sunscreen : (
5) and I felt this foundation did not last on my face at all! with or without primer.

I am glad I got the sample to try, but will not be purchasing the foundation or the primer.

on 8/20/2012 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This primer is fantastic! It really helps with the foundation application and gives a flawless finish. The makeup lasts all day, it's amazing! I also put it on my eyelids and under concealer and I have no smudging whatsoever. This is a must have for my dry skin as it is hydrating as well. I couldnt ask for more! It is a bit pricey though...