Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

on 7/5/2018 8:47:00 PM

Have gone broke searching for an eyebrow pencil, gel or powder that doesn't look fake and wrong colored...Until I bought three: Anastasia brow powder in taupe, medium brown and ash brown, not knowing which would work best for me; BUT, they all have two shades, so, it's hard to make a mistake as ALL are so natural and believable, and you can blend shades to get the perfect look. WIN-WIN. So, I'm keeping them all! My brows are ash/lighter brownish with grey (ack!) and some dark disturbing dark wiry hairs, lol. (I'm 68, darnit.)... But, this SO works for me. Everything else I've tried has turned RED on me and has been horrible..despite whatever the color is called... REALLY Red. (See my driver's licence for proof.) Other "Taupe" shades have been a pinkish/grey in so many brands (who has eyebrows in that weird color??) and so glad I stopped spending money on that shade in other brands...Whatever color(s) you chose in Anastasia they come out natural--and two colors in one package make that a real possibility/reality to have filled in natural looking brows.

on 5/4/2018 11:02:00 PM

This is the only eyebrow product I use. I’m relatively lucky with my brows as I never overplucked and have a natural shape I like. I use this to fill them in and it takes about 30 seconds to do both my brows. Honestly, the powder is very natural looking if used to fill in rather than create a brow. If you are the type of person who likes to draw in a shape then fill with thin hairstrokes, I really can’t say if the product would be good or bad. But I could imagine that precision with a powder being extremely difficult.

The other reason this is my holy grail powder over others is because of the color and staying power. I purchase it in taupe and the color match is spot on. It doesn’t wear off or lighten during the day. Sometimes I even get headaches and will rub my forehead and I have never had an issue rubbing off a brow!

Although this can be considered a more expensive eyebrow powder, this will last me at least 6 months as it is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. To me, it’s worth the price when I saw its dependability (no worrying if it’s still on my face during the day or smeared) and how much use I can get out of it.

on 2/16/2018 9:40:00 AM

This is an excellent quality brow powder. The compact is 2 toned, giving the beautiful eyebrow effect. It's very pigmented and goes on very smooth. It's also very pricey, but it will last a long time. The only reason I removed a lippie is because I have very thin eyebrows and usually draw them thicker. And with a powder, I am unable to achieve this, but I can with the dipbrow pomade which does make my eyebrows thicker and bushier. So for those of you who want thicker eyebrows, than merely filling them in with powder, then go with the Dipbrow pomade.

on 9/18/2017 11:44:00 AM

I've done pencils, pomade, gels and tints. Nothing looks as natural as powder. My go to for finishing is always Anastasia brow gel. It plays nice with the powder. The pigmentation of "Taupe" is pretty good for such a light color. I get much better payoff and wearability when I use a clear wax under this. I use a cheap Milani wax pencil for that. This takes longer than a pencil but I definitely prefer the look. For reference, I have unruly medium thickness brows with a few sparse areas. This shapes them up and fills in the bare spaces. I like them to be on the thicker side when I'm done.

A little pricey, but this powder is pigmented so you do not need to use much. I have tried multiple other brow powders, and this is the best one that goes on smoothly, lasts all day, and looks natural. Nice sleek packaging that is easy to travel with . I only wish it was a little bigger and more product since I do my eyebrows everyday

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have naturally thin and quite sparse and uneven black eyebrows and i bought this one in 'Ash Brown' which is a perfect grey shade for my brows, no warmth at all. Granite was sold out but after using this i think it is much better because the darker shade is dark enough but not black. The tails of my brows are almost non existent and this powder does a great job giving me a brow without actually disappearing by the end of the day. In fact i slept with the powder still on my brows and i woke up with brows, the powder didnt move which was impressing. The lasting power is great and the amount of product is enough to last a while so dont let the price discourage you.

As for the packaging, it is glossy black plastic with a gold pink logo on top and a little mirror inside. Not bad, but i preferred the old grey metallic one.

I also bought the 12 brush but i mostly use it with my MAC 208 brush which is small enough for my thin eyebrows.

I definitely recommend it

One last thing. Ladies with black eyebrows like mine should opt for GREY tints for their brows and NOT browns which look unnatural. Ash brown is perfect for our brows.

on 1/12/2016 7:20:00 PM

This is a very nice product for quick and natural brows or if you want to fill in sparse areas after using the dip brow pomade.

I usually use this after lining my brows with dip brow pomade just to fill in any sparse or empty areas the pomade couldn't get.

on 12/26/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail brow product. I recently bought this and I've been loving it. It stays on all day. The reason I say that is because I've used other brow powders and the power doesn't stick as well and ends up disappearing throughout the day. This is very pigmented and true to its color. There are tons of shades. I got medium brown because I don't like any warm or dark browns. I also bought the brush , and it works amazing.

on 12/14/2015 11:25:00 AM

I have this in medium brown and I find that both the colours work perfectly in any season for me (summer I have light brown hair then winter dark brown almost black). I suggest getting the brush from this line too, it really makes this product work well. This is my 2nd item (I tried the clear brow gel) from this line and after this I would like to try the brow wiz as I've heard nothing but great reviews :) I just started to hit a dip in my pan and I've been using this stuff since June? That's also 4-5 days of use per week since that month until now.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this as a sample in "Light Brown" and thought it was great, but maybe a little too light for me. I like a darker powder for my brows, light brown looks a bit reddish on me. The staying power was great and it applied evenly, but for the price, I'd rather buy Tarte brow powder.