Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

on 10/10/2009 12:21:00 PM

This brow powder is a great match for me. I am an Asian with black hair, black brows, and brown eyes. I purchased the Anastasia brow powder in medium brown. At first, I was deciding between medium brown and ebony. I have normal black eyebrows; my brows are not sparse and not bushy. I wanted a brow powder that will just make my brows looked more polished and neat, not obviously painted on or brown. When I first opened my brow powder, it looked so light and no where close to my black eyebrow color. But the dark and even the light powder matched my brows PERFECTLY. I layered too much of the dark powder on and my eyebrows looked way too dark. My second try was more successful and more natural looking. The brow powder has more of a grayish rather than brownish undertone, which looked very natural and lovely on my eyebrows and fair skin. If you're a fair skinned asian like me, get this.

Also, if you want to see how this looks, you can search Michelle Phan's video on Youtube. She uses this brow powder in medium brown in one of her Valentine makeup videos and it looks black. In other videos, she uses the same exact brow in medium brown and it looks brown. She also has black hair and brows and somewhat fair skin. After seeing the versatility of color in her videos, I decided with the medium brown rather than the ebony. Hope this was helpful!

on 11/12/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HOLY GRAIL! I have been on the hunt for the perfect pale ash blonde brow powder and this is it. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is perfect!

COLOR: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in comes in six different choices of shade: Ash Blonde (cool taupe), Golden Blonde (warm gold), Strawburn (reddish blonde), Medium Ash (taupe based brown), Brunette (dark warm brown), and Ebony (deep neutral brown). I love how this line has a whopping THREE different shade choices for blondes - a cool ash, a warm gold, and a strawberry auburn. It's so difficult to find the right shade of blonde brow color, let alone the correct undertone - but Anastasia has them all covered. Even better - they're duos! Each shade choice comes with two colors so you're guaranteed to have one or the other (or a combination of both) be your perfect shade.

Ash Blonde (cool taupe) is the color I've been searching for that has been missing from all the other lines I've bought brow color from. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is the perfect pair of cool, ash toned light blonde shades! Both my natural hair color and my bleached/toned hair color have ash undertones (with no gold or red) so I'm ecstatic to finally have a brow color that matches in both shade & undertone. I absolutely LOVE both colors that came in the duo. The lighter shade is light enough for the lightest ash blonde brows while still having enough color to show up and define the brows beautifully. The darker shade is just dark enough to mimic my natural brow color (which is dark ash blonde).

APPLICATION: I use MAC's 266 brush and a spoolie with Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I use the darker shade in the duo with the 266 to extend the outer edge of my eyebrow to a nice point & to fill in any sparse areas. I use the lighter shade in the duo with the 266 also and apply it all over & through my brows, I also use a combination of both shades to fill in a little bald patch I have on one of my eyebrows - I carefully add a few brush strokes of the darker shade that mimic the direction of the surrounding brow hairs and then go over the entire area with the lighter shade. After I'm done applying the brow powder with the 266 I use a spoolie to pull the color through my brows and lightly blend. The two colors work wonderfully together to achieve beautifully defined brows that look entirely natural.

FORMULA: Anastasia's Brow Powders are very pigmented and very easy to blend. There is some wax mixed in with the powder so the product actually stays put all day (or all night) long and doesn't fade or travel.

PACKAGING: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is a pressed powder product that comes in a pretty flip-top compact. It's very convenient and extremely easy to use. It even has a little mirror. I use this product every single time I do my makeup and 10 months later there is still a fair amount of product in my compact - this stuff really lasts!

INGREDIENTS (all shades): Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

BOTTOM LINE: ♥Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is my HG!♥ Ahhh, it feels so good to say that considering how many pencils, waxes, & other brow powders I've been disappointed by. I love the color selection in this line and believe there is something for everyone in it. This line is especially nice for blondes like me who feel they have been one-size-fits-all'ed by other brands who have brow color choices like: "Light", "Medium", "Dark". I love how easy this product is to use - it's perfect for first-time beginners and experts in a rush. The difference this product makes in my appearance is really profound, night and day. Defined brows frame my eyes and make my entire look more polished. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I'd highly recommend Anastasia's Brow Powder Duos to anyone looking for perfectly defined brows that look entirely natural (I think that's everyone, lol!). If you are unsure which shade to choose go with the lighter one - it will look more natural and be easier to apply.

on 1/31/2014 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got the shade dark brown.

Packaging:
I got the new line of brow powders with the black packaging. I really like it. I love how there's a little mirror in the compact. You seldom see brow powders with that anymore! It's also really sleek and nice to look at. One thing I would like though is if there was a brush included.

Price:
I got this from Sephora for $23 and I think that it's very much worth the price. I've used this everyday for almost a year now and I still haven't hit pan on it!

Pros:
-A little goes a long way
-Great color payoff
-Great staying power
-Can be used alone or with a pencil/gel
-Matches brows perfectly
-Comes with a little mirror

Cons:
-Doesn't come with a brush
-The darker color isn't used as much as the lighter color but there's an equal amount of each color so you're left with some leftover product

Texture: Just like any other brow powder.

Smell: None

Impressions/comments:
I love this brow powder. I can confidently say that this is my HG brow product. I like my brows natural, so I use this by itself and occasionally some clear brow gel to tame my brows. Of course, you can always build this up if you want a bolder brow or to set your brow pencil. Some people complain about the colors, but this is actually perfect! Most brow powders only come in one shade. What I like about this duo is that it gives you the ability to give your brows definition. I like to use the lighter color on the first half of my brows and the dark color at the end. Trust me guys, you should try this method. When you take photos. Especially with flash, the dark end of the brow will still show up. I've had too many instances where the ends of my brows were washed out and that ceased to happen ever since I started using this product. I use this with the small angled brush from shany cosmetics, but I've been really considering getting the Anastasia brush too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have very sparse and thin eyebrows. I've always dreaded doing my brows because nothing I used ever really worked or lasted a whole day on me. I have an oily t-zone so I've always had an issue with products coming off on my brows since they too tend to get oily. I've tried pencils, powders, eyeshadows, tinted gels etc - anything that a lot of beauty gurus raved about I bought and tried.

Youtube suddenly started flooding with Anastasia kits given free to popular gurus. At first I didn't believe in the quality of the products since a lot of the gurus got them for free to begin with to review and advertise, but one guru (who didn't even get a free kit or do a video about Anastasia) really got me interested in the duo powder. Her brows always looks so well groomed, filled in and looked natural that I messaged her asking for her brow product secret lol. She uses the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo and suggested I just buy the powder instead of the whole kit since it's not a staple kit.

It took me awhile to get used to the powder since it came with 2 shades, I use brunette (I have very dark brown blackish looking hair). It took awhile getting used to the shades, but either one of the shades or both works great on me! I could never get my brows the shade or shape I want until I tried this powder. I've used MAC Brow Shader (discontinued), Smashbox and all types of other brow mechanism you can think of. THIS powder is by far the most beginner's user friendly! When I applied too heavily, the powder was easy to blend out without making a mess on my face. It looked so natural and stayed on all day even during the summer heat. Other brow powders tend to fade or look uneven, but not this one!

It will come off if you get your face wet and accidentally smudge the product, but it stays put when I use my makeup sealer from La Femme (it's only $3! it's like She'Laq, but a lot cheaper!). This is my MUST HAVE brow product :) I love pairing it with Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel, but it's not a must have. Any clear non-flaking mascara will do the job :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mayday! Mayday!! We have HG status!! I am absolutely in LOVE with the brow powder duo. I am Asian (Chinese) and as any Asian girl can attest it can be really difficult to find the perfect eyebrow product. Our hair is black but our eyebrows are thin, sparse and can grow whichever way it wants to. Whenever an MUA does my brows they always come out too dark. Yes, I have black hair but I don't want to see my eyebrows match that dark color. Medium brown is the perfect color for me. I love how there's two colors that I can play with to give me more natural looking brows. The formulas is also divine. It has better staying power than a MAC eyeshadow and is creamier. I did my sister's wedding makeup and everyone commented on how great her brows looked! I've included a picture above

My duo came in a small, round black case, not the one showed in the picture. I think maybe they have changed the case?

on 5/8/2009 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm joining the ravers with this one. I usually recommend Shu's hard pencil in Seal Brown to everyone, but now I'm a bigger fan of Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. Why? Ease of use combined with a more believable/real look.

My hair is mostly silver: Ash Blonde duo is perfect. The tester set-up at Sephora says w/grey hair use Medium Ash. No way. There is warmth in that one, so it wouldn't work w/grey hair! Big mistake on their part. There is no warmth in Ash Blonde - it's a cool-toned taupe duo - ideal for silver/grey hair.

Also, no need to buy Anastasia angled brush if you have Ecotools Angled liner brush; it's an absolute dupe - even the SA at Sephora looked at my Eco angled liner & said, "Don't buy the Anastasia brush - the one you have is the same thing!"

I followed the directions & lightly filled in brows w/darker shade, then went over entire brow w/lighter shade. So lovely!

Note - there is wax mixed in w/the powder, so it stays put and does not wear off/wipe off during the day! Also - keep in mind that the powder shows up on your skin much darker than how they appear in the pan. You just have to *touch* the brush to the powder - really! Do not rub it against the powder or you'll get WAY too much on the brush. The color is extremely concentrated.

on 6/15/2014 10:09:00 PM

This powder duo is part of my everyday eyebrow routine. First, it is hard to beat Anastasia brow products, generally. I use this and their brow pencil and gel. I have very sparse eyebrows especially from mid eye out. I have blonde hair so I use the lightest powder color that Anastasia makes and a slanted eyeliner brush to apply it to any hair that it will catch on to. I even make it a point to put some of my foundation primer over my brows to help the powder adhere to the hair. I then fill in any areas that remain in need with the brow pencil, using short upward flicks. I finish with the gel which (I think) gives my eyebrows a bit more dimension and hold. My eyebrows look great until I take my make up off at night. These three products are my HG eyebrow products and I am never without a back up. I highly recommend them but will say that it takes some practice to perfect eyebrows that lack .... well, hair. Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like my brows to look full, soft, defined and natural. I have SO many brow products - pomades, pencils, regular eyeshadows, brow wax, brow mascara - but am never satisfied with the look of my brows. I do like the look of eyeshadow the most out of all brow techniques.

I wanted this product for so long but couldn't justify spending $23 on small eyeshadow compact (basically, thats what it is) when I have so many Mac eyeshadows and a 60 color E.L.F. eyeshadow palette. Surely, one of those eyeshadow colors would make my brows look good, right? For so long, I would use Mac "Espresso" eyeshadow to do my brows. This didn't do it for me, my brows still looked heavy and dark. Playing around in Sephora, I did my brows with the the color "Chocolate" and had to purchase.

The color combo in "Chocolate" is perfect for me. I line the arch and tail with the darker color, and fill in the front and middle with the lighter shade. My brows look a hell of a lot better and so natural.

The compact is lightweight and has a small mirror for you to use. I doubt I will ever use the mirror.

I'm glad that I purchased. I apply this with a Mac 208 eyebrow brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One-word summary: AMAZING
Longer summary: CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT!

I bought this online and I chose Ebony. Thinking because I've been using Dark Brown colours or Black pencils for my brows, it makes sense to buy Ebony.

I've always been using eyeshadows and pencils (both liner and eyebrow pencils) for my brows. Basically anything BUT eyebrow shadow (like $30 CAD just for brows? Really?)

But do I totally NOT regret this purchase!!!!! ***NOTE: Ebony did NOT work for me

Ebony was WAY too dark though even though I HAVE been using dark brown for my brows. Ebony was just VERY dark brown that one mistake would make my brows look like caterpillars.

Under spotlights though (i.e. Sephora lighting), Ebony actually looked very light. In fact, I was told to try Granite... OR Medium Brown.

I switched to Medium Brown and to my surprise it's wonderful!! I am Chinese, I HAVE eyebrows, and they look light (you could say, gray) without makeup. I plucked them too much 8 years ago (high school) and I'm still growing them back (such a tragedy).

Dark colours make my eyebrows "finished" but I realize that's very unnatural. Anastasia's Medium Brown adds literally shadows (like.. "shadow" as in puppet shadow) to my brows. It's very very natural! I look like I have NO makeup, and I love it. I've never worn such light brows before but I am loving that it looks like nothing was done!

I went skiing with this (with a helmet... and I'd take the helmet off when I'm indoors, I covered my face lots on the mountain because it was so cold.. then apres-ski I wore a beanie hat. You get the picture! Basically lots of eyebrow-touching with clothing and/or gloves) and the shadow was STILL THERE! I notice it was a teenie bit rubbed off, but only **I** would notice this because I know what my natural brows look like (lol, there's a chunk missing..). MOST of the shadow (90%) was still there. Which is why this is AMAZING.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Somehow I got by all this time doubling dark matte eyeshadow as brow powder, which worked okay for the most part, but it turns out using an actual brow powder makes a world of difference! Though painfully pricey, I now refuse to live life without this product. It is absolutely worth the $22 to spare me the headache of painstaking, time-consuming eyebrow tomfoolery. It now takes me half the time I spent messing around with pencils/shadow to achieve flawless, longer-lasting brows.

The pressed powder is very fine, very pigmented, and velvety rather than silky; the plush particles disperse evenly and sink right in with my sparse brow hairs without streaking. I can effortlessly blend/feather out the pigment and instantly amp my skimpy, uneven brows into the full, bold ones I wish were in my genes without completely overwhelming my natural shape/texture. That's also why I chose the "Ebony" duo. I think a lot of people use brow powder to fill in and even out what they've got, but I love stronger "runway" brows that require darkening and defining with a balanced hand. My natural brows may be wimpy but my hair is nearly black, so I found "Brunette" a touch too warm and, well, too brunette for bolder application -- though a beautiful set for a softer look. I just really am partial to strong, edgy brows. The colors in "Ebony" are especially good for dark-haired women of color; the darker powder is not too black, not too brown, no hints of red, great for definition, and the lighter shade is perfectly neutral, slightly taupey and beautifully build-able.

I'm relatively pale and the darker shades aren't too overwhelming on my face, in the mirror or in photos. Lasts all day and even overnight with or without setting powder (I don't bother with wax and have a super oily T-zone). Also a big fan of the adorable little case. Will keep buying over and over again!

Popular Brows Products