Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.7

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 8/26/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this TM faithfully for probably about a year. I love how sheer it is, but it still gives great coverage. Very blendable, a little goes a long way for me. I do have severely oily skin though, so priming my skin before and setting my face after is a MUST. I use my MAC Pressed Blot Powder, along with my Urban Decay De-Slick, and I'm set for the day. To keep my skin extra matte, I sometimes use Milk Of Magnesia. I also use concealer to get those spots that the TM can't cover as well as i would like. I'll definitely admit that it is a bit pricey but until I find something to replace it, I'll continue using it. I use the DARK shade & it matches my skin PERFECTLY.

(I also believe they stopped making this for some odd reason, so I will continue to order it online until they run out I guess. They replaced it with a BB Cream but they don't even have it in my color and I heard it sucks "/.)

on 7/24/2013 9:38:00 AM

I LOVE this tinted moisturizer. I've been looking for a good one forever, either they break me out or they're too cakey. Finally I find this, it's light weight, it actually has good coverage. I apply it with my fingers and set it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. The only downside is I don't know how well it would work for super pale people. I'm a NC15 in winter and NC20 in summer and I got Fair. I probably could do light now that we're in the middle of summer, but in winter if you're lighter than NC15 I don't know how well this would work. Aside from that though, I highly recommend this!

After trying a plethora of foundations to cover up my uneven, acne-prone skin, this is the product I've felt most comfortable using for everyday wear. Goes on smooth and blends well with a moisturizer or over primer; with a brush or simply with fingers. I like that it's oil-free and has SPF (although it's relatively low). Still, it *is* sheer, and on the days my skin is extra dull or my hyper-pigmentation is more pronounced -- concealer is a must. My biggest complaint about an otherwise great product is that it is not friendly to those with oily skin. I've found that using a mattifying primer and/or a finishing powder, such as the MUFE Microfinish powder, contributes greatly to a more matte and even finish. For those who are blessed with spot-free skin, this is a great product for evening out skin-tone, and providing a layer of sun-protection without parabens and fragrance.

FEB 10/14: One of the SA's at my Shoppers told me that this product has been discontinued. Sad. However, as I've used this product for the past 5 years, this marketing decision gives me incentive to explore other products. If you love this TM and want something comparable to it, try the ones by Tarte, which to my knowledge, does not test on animals and is not owned by a big parent company.

on 5/16/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Mixed Review! Overall it's a great product for coverage and gives a nice dewy look on it's own

PROS:
Coverage is great
Lasts a long time
Blends well

CONS:
Consistency is almost a little watery sometimes - it separates quickly
Coverage is a little too good (almost like a foundation)

on 4/17/2013 8:35:00 PM

I purchased this at Ulta and it was recommended by one of the girls there (not doing that again) I have a light-medium skintone and bought this moisturizer hoping it would give me a bit of a glow...when I got home the product was alot darker than what I tried at the store..I tried to lighten it with my actual moisturizer and when I put it on...I looked ORANGE! it just didn't flatter my skintone at all....the product was also really watery and with the way it's packaged shaking it won't really work. it's 32.00 which is average for a higher end beauty product but there are some better tinted moisturizers out there...laura mercier and benefit for sure.

on 2/3/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product overall very disappointing. I bought it in light, despite the fact that I have a light-medium skin tone. (1) To start the weirdly orange undertone took a lot to blend out. I often found my skin looking quite orange after I applied it. (2) I would have liked to see more shades, not just light, medium, dark. (3) When they say sheer focus, they mean it, I know its supposed to be just a tinted moisturizer, but at least give it some kind of tint! And one that's not orange. Or maybe make it buildable. (4) The packing I dislike, because it takes some force to pry it open and snap it closed, as well as the fact that a little goes a long way, yet the tube gives you 4x the amount you need.
So overall I disliked this product, I would NOT suggest buying it to anyone with awkward middle toned people, or anyone that wants a somewhat natural looking coverage (which it doesn't give). But if you have an awkward orange undertone, go right ahead and buy this product.

on 1/22/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

If you want coverage, and im talking coverage then this is what you want!, I parade in this festival we call carnival and im in the hot sun for more then 12hours with a face full of makeup and not only did it surpass all of my sweating and water dumping but it still kept my dark spots covered, it's very light in feel and THE best in my book i DEFINITELY recommend this product.

on 1/4/2013 6:04:00 PM

Awful. The coverage was very sheer and had a dewy finish. It wasn't so bad until I realized this product was breaking me out! It also dried out my skin horribly.? I talked to a lady working at a Chanel counter and she told me that smashbox was stage makeup and that she had a similar reaction to one of their products. I gave it to my little sister though and she loves it and hasn't had any problems... It just didn't work well with my skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

MAC SFF/Powder: NC35/C35
MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 127
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: 410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I bought this tinted moisturizer in Medium over a year ago. I used it when I don't feel like putting on a face of makeup. I apply only a pea-sized amount and dot it to my entire face (one dot on each cheek, forehead and chin). Then I rub it into my skin in circular motions. Voila. Done. In the end, I will not be repurchasing this. I used up what I could before its expiration date in July.

I like its coverage. It masked all my hyper pigmentation (caused by acne) and the redness caused by current, or healing, blemishes. I also liked that the moisturizer took care of my dry patches (blemishes) without making my face look too oily.

At times, the coverage felt very heavy (something I hated when applying it in July while visiting California), but otherwise wasn't too bad. In other words, you can FEEL it on your skin and you don't forget that you have it on. Even after half an hour of applying product to face, it cakes around my nose and mouth. I also felt that the hotter it got, the more it slid off my face. Boo.

_____________
Pros:
- covered hyper pigmentation and acne
- moisturizing
- has SPF
- matches my skin very well
- travels well (no mess! rode with me in the plane, in the car and by ferry)
- it did not break me out
Cons:
- felt heavy
- cakey (even when only a small amount is applied)
- transfers
- can "slide"

on 8/14/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

There's not much color selection, and the deepest color is too muddy ??? for my complexion. Somehow it's too dark and too light at the same time. The moisturizer itself just isn't anything to get excited over. It's not particularly moisturizing and it just costs a too much for what it does (or rather, doesn't do).