Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.9

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 11/14/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! As always with me, however, none of the shades are fair enough for me, but when I use it I'm just careful to blend it in really well around my jaw line, hair line, and around my ears. It gives my skin a wonderful glow. Does not give heavy coverage. Did not upset acne.

Who should use it: dry/dull skin not in need of heavy coverage.

Complaints: Did not last long on my skin, needed a lot of reapplying!

on 2/21/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on the recommendation of the "makeup expert" at the store. I found there wasn't enough coverage and it didn't seem very moisturizing for my dry skin. I'ts not that it's such a bad product, but for the price (over $30) I definitely expected more. Additionally, the last 25% of this moisturizer was the consistency of water and I couldn't even use it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There are other, better tinted moisturizers. I hate how smashbox has too much orange in their skin shades. Even the lightest shade made me look like an oompah loompah. I like the consistency and the color doesn't sheer out as quickly as others, but I'm not impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Just not that great - or at least for me. I bought this Smashbox product in luminous, and have just finished the tube, and I do not plan on picking this up ever again. For my fair, neutral-toned skin, I felt this tinted moisturizer has too much of a yellow undertone to it, and made me look a shade of orange in some areas of my face... Which leads me to another problem, I didn't find this to apply very evenly. On my T-Zone it often looked like I had applied too much, and on my cheeks it was spotty. Definitely was too oily, and I believe it lead to some breakouts on my skin. I tried to like it but I just can't. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a better tinted moisturizer for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this product! It has taken the place of a daily foundation and moisturizer. The coverage is great, and it really makes my skin glow!! Since my skin is so oily, I need to set it with pressed powder and when I check it in the mirror at about noon, I'm still shine-free. The only negative is the cost - $30 for moisturizer makes me cringe!

Love love LOVE this product. Very hydrating, sheer, and makes my skin look FLAWLESS. Though I don't love the price, it definitely is worth it. I think this is best applied with the hands and then blended with my Sigma Kabuki for a completely seamless look. Would buy again!

on 4/7/2012 4:14:00 AM

I never used to like tinted moisturizers because until recently I've had pretty problematic skin -- combination with a few breakouts a month. Due to blemishes and slight scarring, I always preferred high coverage foundations. In the past few months, though, I've found the best skincare routine for my face and since my skin is significantly clearer, I began trying out more tinted moisturizers. I had high hopes for this one, but I really just don't like it. Thankfully, this was a gift, because I'd be kicking myself if I purchased this for $30.
I liked that it had SPF, and applying this feels really nice. It glides on smoothly and evenly and makes my face super soft, just like a moisturizer. But that's my whole issue with this...it's pretty much nothing but a moisturizer. This gives absolutely no coverage. I wasn't expecting much, but a tinted moisturizer should have SOME color to it. Once it set, it still gave no coverage, but it did give my face a nice, dewy glow. Unfortunately, I had to cover up that glow with some powder to make my face look more finished. I've tried applying more of this, applying it in layers, but it just never shows up. I couldn't tell you if this lasted all day, because there's no color to go by, but this didn't irritate my skin at all.
I know a lot of people that will wear nothing but face primer on their minimal makeup days. I don't personally do this, but it makes your face smoother and gives a decent glow. That's basically what this product does. So why pay $30 when you can just wear a primer you already have out for the same effect?
I've tried and tried to make this work, but it just doesn't. I think one positive is that the shades would be very forgiving, since there's really no color. I guess I'll wear this on days when I feel like playing with my makeup but I'm not actually going anywhere because I hate to waste this. There are much better tinted moisturizers out there that don't cost nearly as much as this. Don't recommend.

on 3/16/2012 4:41:00 PM

HG for me. As a tinted moisturizer it's a solid '5'.

Very light coverage that still seems to even out my skintone. You can still see my acne scars and a bit of discoloration, but everything is softened just enough that I feel better for having it on.

Does not accentuate fine lines/wrinkles/dry spots/zits.

Have Fair, Light and Medium. Light is good for most of the year ... and I mix a bit of one of the others for lighter or darker shades.

Gives a glowy but not sparkly look.

Enough moisture for the daytime for me. I think of it as my daytime moisturizer that gives me a no-makeup but better look.

The spf15 is nice ... but I don't think I use enough to rely on that spf. So for summer, an spf30 or higher applied before is necessary. Then the TM doesn't go on quite as nice.

Going to try Smashbox BB creme spf30

I am continuing to search for a tinted moisturizer that won't break me out.I barely had this on for a half day till I started getting major clogged pores on my chin. So disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! It's a great tinted moisturizer, I have it in both fair and luminous. I use this everyday, on days that i want more coverage I use it under my bare minerals for a flawless look. This doesn't turn orange as the day goes on, and it goes on nice and sheer.