Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 11/14/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! As always with me, however, none of the shades are fair enough for me, but when I use it I'm just careful to blend it in really well around my jaw line, hair line, and around my ears. It gives my skin a wonderful glow. Does not give heavy coverage. Did not upset acne.

Who should use it: dry/dull skin not in need of heavy coverage.

Complaints: Did not last long on my skin, needed a lot of reapplying!

on 7/24/2013 9:38:00 AM

I LOVE this tinted moisturizer. I've been looking for a good one forever, either they break me out or they're too cakey. Finally I find this, it's light weight, it actually has good coverage. I apply it with my fingers and set it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. The only downside is I don't know how well it would work for super pale people. I'm a NC15 in winter and NC20 in summer and I got Fair. I probably could do light now that we're in the middle of summer, but in winter if you're lighter than NC15 I don't know how well this would work. Aside from that though, I highly recommend this!

I have been using this for a while now and I can't live without it!

As someone quite freckle faced with ginger hair I can't wear foundation because it covers up too much. I also can't wear too many powdery products because I have extremely dry skin. I was looking for something to give me a bit of sheer coverage and keep my skin hydrated. The SPF is a must because I could get a sunburn at midnight at the bottom of the ocean.

I bought this product on a whim with shoppers points. It's not something I would normally spend so much on because I thought it wouldn't last. Boy was I wrong! I've had it for almost a year, I wear it daily and I use it on my entire face and neck.

The packaging is just fine to me. To shake it I hold it by the end and wave it like an oatmeal packet before I open it. The product itself is very thin but I wouldn't say runny unless you take out a lot all at once. I use it after I put on my regular moisterizer which helps it go further. I put dabs on my finger about the size of a pommegranet seed and them blend them into my checks, chin and forehead. I find the consistency to be creamy and pleasant feeling, not at all heavy.

This is enough to cover my face and it blends out to a nice healthy even skin tone that doesn't cover my freckles. To be honest at first try I thought it was too dark for me even though I bought "fair" which is the lightest shade but because it spreads out so nicely it actually allows me to bridge the gap between ghost pale and fake orange! This product allows me to looks like I've finally gone one shade past pasty!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What I don't understand from the people who gave low ratings is that they expected this tined moisturizer to give coverage when in fact the product name itself is SHEER Focus. I really expected it to be sheer. I just bought it, so far I am loving it because I just needed something that evened out my skin tone. It says it is oil free but my skin is extremely oily, like after 1 hour after I wash my face I feel really oily again. Anyway, I bought it on sale, which is the only reason I am not repurchasing. I bought it in the shade fair because light was way too dark for me. In the lighting in the store, I thought it was too light but in natural sunlight (and after it set) it matched my skin tone perfectly.
A pretty good tinted moisturizer, but waaay overpriced.
I will update soon when I find something worth mentioning about the product.

--------------------------------------
I haven't been using it everyday, so I can't say that it hasnt been breaking me out. I still get regular breakouts now and then.

So far not bad.

After I apply it using my fingers, I blot it with either tissue or Kleenex Blotting Paper, the purple one. Afterwards I put on theBalm translucent powder.
-> this is usually done in the morning around 6am.
My skin is extremely oily and I live in a tropical country so I really expect my skin to be really shiny by noon. I haven't found a single product that stops my oil otherwise.

-May 27, 2013
--------------------------------------
oookay I'm Back! I have been using it everyday since I ran out of bb cream and haven't bought a replacement. I am reconsidering repurchasing because I think it is a great product! I haven't been breaking out aside from some small ones I get on a regular, monthly basis (ahem ahem) So I think I am compatible with this product.

-Aug 6, 2013

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There are other, better tinted moisturizers. I hate how smashbox has too much orange in their skin shades. Even the lightest shade made me look like an oompah loompah. I like the consistency and the color doesn't sheer out as quickly as others, but I'm not impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Just not that great - or at least for me. I bought this Smashbox product in luminous, and have just finished the tube, and I do not plan on picking this up ever again. For my fair, neutral-toned skin, I felt this tinted moisturizer has too much of a yellow undertone to it, and made me look a shade of orange in some areas of my face... Which leads me to another problem, I didn't find this to apply very evenly. On my T-Zone it often looked like I had applied too much, and on my cheeks it was spotty. Definitely was too oily, and I believe it lead to some breakouts on my skin. I tried to like it but I just can't. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a better tinted moisturizer for me.

on 1/4/2013 6:04:00 PM

Awful. The coverage was very sheer and had a dewy finish. It wasn't so bad until I realized this product was breaking me out! It also dried out my skin horribly.? I talked to a lady working at a Chanel counter and she told me that smashbox was stage makeup and that she had a similar reaction to one of their products. I gave it to my little sister though and she loves it and hasn't had any problems... It just didn't work well with my skin.

Love love LOVE this product. Very hydrating, sheer, and makes my skin look FLAWLESS. Though I don't love the price, it definitely is worth it. I think this is best applied with the hands and then blended with my Sigma Kabuki for a completely seamless look. Would buy again!

Pros: Glides over pores, SPF bonus, sheer but even coverage, smooth and soft texture, nice packaging, good value, light as air not clogged feeling with dewy glow

Cons: It caused me to breakout slightly and I have normal/combination skin fair skin, *main reason: it is not at all long lasting! Especially in the summer humidity it literally melts and gets blotchy in a matter of hours. I think it is very similar to Mac's Face and Body foundation and may be better in the winter months for me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After reading many great reviews, I decided to give this product a try. I am so happy to say that it was totally worth the splurge! I am in LOVE! Instantly removes redness and leaves my face with a lovely, dewy glow. I set with the tiniest bit of mineral powder, spray w/ Urban Decay's De-Slick spray, and I am good to go with a low-maintenance summer look. Love love love! A little on the pricey side, but worth it IMO. Will definitely be re-purchasing!