Merle Norman Luxiva Lip Color in Penny Lane

No Image

4.7

on 10/6/2012 10:19:00 PM

Slightly frosted (not like 80"s frosted) warm peachy rose. I have bright pigmented lips so this is shade is just a 1/2 tone lighter than my lips and works out great. It's a nice everyday color that goes with everything. I know Merle Norman changed their packaging and all the new Lipsticks are in the small silver tubes (as was the tester), but mine came in the gold tube and smells a little off...so I must have got the old stock. It still works fine, just tastes bad.

on 6/22/2008 6:39:00 PM

Love this colour! I agree that the fragrance/taste could be changed, or eliminated altogether, and is probably one of the reasons why Merle Norman is still regarded as an "old-lady" line of makeup. I mean no disrespect, since I've reached the early stages of middle-age myself! But the colour is really pretty.....it's great with a neutral eye, or with nothing at all, and just brings a little extra warmth to my face without clashing with my hair. On me, it's a light coppery-peach, more copper (as in penny...duh) than peach, has a barely-there shimmer, and the staying power is really good.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a great go to color for me. It was from the Summer 2008 line, and it is a light, slightly shimmer peachy pink every day nude sheer color. (I know! It is difficult to describe this!!) Depending on the liner, I can switch it up a bit, now I am using the Tawny liner, but I have seen it used with a Raisin color. Overall, I am happy with the lipstick. I just wished that they would get rid of that disgusting fragrance and change the packaging so it doesn't twist up with the cap still on!

Popular Lipsticks