no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

15 years ago

I thought this did it's job of moisturizing my skin after getting out of the shower from what I can remember when using this a few years ago, but I will be trying the Dry, Itchy Skin Soothing Oil instead since it comes in spray form and I think it would be better for that purpose since it has more cocoa butter, collagen and elastin. I probably will buy this again to add to my foot soaks.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive

from

15 years ago

I feel a little conflicted over whether I would purchase this again. There are several good things about this product. I haven't had any problem with the bottle so applying it after I take a shower while I am still wet has worked fine for me. I do find the chocolate scent to be very strong. I am not fond of food scents for body products. I have added a ton of orange essential oil (as in a couple of inches) and finally have this product smelling much more like chocolate-orange than just chocolate (which I find much more pleasant than just straight chocolate). If you like the scent of strong chocolate I think you will like this scent. As it is, this scent really lingers on me - I can still smell it on my skin hours after my shower - which is very unusual for me. I think this does an okay job of moisturizing my skin. I normally make my own body oils with a mixture of shea oil, almond oil and jojoba oil. I bought this bottle when I was short on my own supply of oils (which I have to order over the internet) and I was curious to see if I enjoyed the chocolate experience. I mostly likely will stick with my own body oil mixture since it is very inexpensive in the long run and does a great job of moisturizing my skin with natural skin products and no preservatives.

About reviewer (821 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

15 years ago

I was given a small bottle of this when I was nine months pregnant. I didn't start using it until after I gave birth, so I don't know if it works for stretch marks or not. But it smells lovely, and made my skin feel nice and soft.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

15 years ago

My first reaction when opening the seal on this bottle of oil was one of disappointment, because it does not smell like the cocoa butter lotion, which I absolutely love. However, the scent of the oil is certainly very inoffensive so I'm not complaining about it. It seems somehow nuttier than the lotion, and does not smell like I expect cocoa butter to smell. <p>The packaging could do with some improvement. I use this oil while standing in the bath, still dripping wet from my shower, and it is quite difficult to keep hold of the bottle, pour oil into my hand, close the cap, and not knock the bottle over. The cap is one of those where you press one side to flip open the other. Anyway, I would have preferred a spray type so there was no risk of knocking it over and have oil pour everywhere. <p>Aside from my minor gripes about the scent and bottle design, I really love this product. Used on damp skin, it leaves me feeling fresh, clean, and silky soft. I can see this being used after every shower during the summer, particularly if I've been out in the sun and my skin is a bit parched. It's quick to apply, doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, and does exactly what I bought it for. <p>Edited to add that this makes a great shaving oil. I used it on my bikini line, with a rather blunt razor, which is usually a recipe for red bumpy disaster. A day later, I'm still silky smooth. Result!

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

15 years ago

I like the formula better than the oil...I mean the oil is alright, but I find my skin dry after a short amount of time.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

EyesBrown

from

15 years ago

I HAVE PALMER'S COCOA BUTTER FORMULA, MOISTURIZING BODY OIL WITH VITAMIN E, LIGHTLY SCENTED. I HOPE THEY DID NOT CHANGE THEIR ORIGINAL FORMULATION, WHICH I OWN, BECAUSE IT IS PERFECT. IT ABSORBS QUICKLY, LEAVING MY SKIN BABY SOFT, WITH A GENTLE SHEEN TO IT. THE SMELL IS OKAY (I LIKE THAT IT FADES DOWN TO A BARELY NOTICEABLE FRAGRANCE). IT’S A SHAME IF THEY DID CHANGE IT – AS THE SAYING GOES – DON’T FIX IT IF IT’S NOT BROKEN. MAYBE THEY ARE TRYING TO CUT COSTS??

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesGreen

15 years ago

This is a great oil! I love the scent and the idea of it reducing stretch marks. I have to hide this from my roomate, but i can always tell when she uses it because our room smells so good :). My only complaint is the packaging. I can't travel with it because it leaks everywhere, even when its closed, and when you pour it out, it runs down the side. but great product, an absolute MUST after a shower.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

15 years ago

I use this as a bath oil in the winter and then layer my Palmer's cocoa butter lotion over it once I am out of the tub. In the summer, I use just a tiny bit of this once I get out of the shower while I am still a tiny bit damp. I've used this body oil for years and don't think you can beat the scent, the price or the way it makes your skin feel for the price. This stuff is great!

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

15 years ago

i did a test patch a few times with this body oil and it may be that i have super dry skin but this body oil literally disappears within 2 hours. i put some on, waited and my skin was as dry as the sahara in about 2 hours. having a good experience with palmers cocoa butter in a jar, i thought this would be a good way to layer moisture. this stuff doesn't really absorb well and has a funny artificial smell to it.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

15 years ago

I just bought this today and used it after my bath. It is absolutely divine!! The oil was really light, and not at all oily or greasy. It absorbed right into my skin, and I could dress right away. Only thing keeping it away from 5 lippies is that the scent is very faint. I love the smell of Palmers and the oil is not like the lotion scents. Excellent product, that provides sheer moisture.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

EyesBrown