RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/11/2005 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this today based on the MUA reviews and it is a rosy bronze color, very natural & YLBB.

For a drugstore lipstick, it's not all that cheap (I paid around 6$ for it.) but it's pretty good quality. It feels like a balm on my lips. Unfortunately, the balm-y texture is merely wishful thinking. It dried up my lips and flaked off in little balls. So i definitely recommend a little bit of real balm underneath.

But the lipstick has a nice moist sheen. It looks great with a tan but it's very warm toned, so cool-toned people might want to avoid this one. Tastes pretty good too, a sort of sweet flavor. However, it doesn't last very long (maybe a few hrs at best.)

For reference, I'm warm toned medium with black hair brown eyes and semi-pigmented lips.

on 7/8/2005 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I bought this based on the reviews it has received here-it ia an absolutely fantastic product!I think that this would look great on almost anyone,and can be played with depending on the shade of liplner one uses.I am using it with the Exaggerate liner in Addiction,which would be Rimmel's answer to MAC spice.Love the scent/tasre and feel.Great lipstick for under $5.

on 7/7/2005 9:55:00 AM

Another find thanks to the MUA reviews. At first it looked awfully light in the tube, but once applied with a liner, it looked great. A previous reviewer who wears the same foundation I do (MAC NC30)convinced me to try it. I do need a liner with it because it's too light otherwise. Definitely nude, but with a strong pink/peach undertone that keeps it from looking "dead" on us olive-skinned brunettes. There's a hint of shimmer which is just enough to be flattering. The new formula is excellent, much smoother than the old one. Rimmel's entire line is an incredible bargain but the lipsticks are perhaps the standouts.

on 7/6/2005 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another great Rimmel color...nude, caramel, peach overtones. It's incredibly natural, and this line is so creamy. It doesn't last too long, but I've yet to find a l/s that does, and I'm 47. It's similar to Clinique Beige, but without the sparkle. Rimmel is great...but this line, like I've said before, is usually too dark for me. Try it-for $4.00 you can't go wrong!

on 7/6/2005 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Excellent nude shade that seems like it would be flattering on a variety of different skin tones. Very nice creamy texture and fruity scent.

on 7/3/2005 7:35:00 PM

If you need an inexpensive nude, I suggest this lipstick.

COLOR: A light nude with peachy-pinkish undertones, a bit of a glossy finish

PROS: Neutral color, creamy texture, sweet scent (not chemical smelling like a lot of drugstore lippies).

CONS: Doesn't last that long on me.

OVERALL: I use this color often because it is very flattering on me (NC30). Also, it pairs nicely with many different eye looks

PRICE: $2.99-5.99 USD found at walgreens, cvs, walmart, longs drug, etc.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love nudes. The problem is most drugstore brands don't have a good selection of nude shades(though this is finally changing). Now I love my high ends, but I also love drugstore lipsticks and it's frustrating to not be able to find my fav kind of lip shade at the drugstore. This is perfect. The texture if very comfortable, sheer and balmy, reminds me of my much loved L'Oreal Shine Delice lipsticks that were so cruely discontinued. The lasting power is decent, but I don't lick my lips much so I'm sure that contributes. The color, oh the color, it's gorgeous, a warm peachy nude, but not so very peachy that peach is all you see, just enough peach to warm it up perfectly. The hint of peach, slight touch of shimmer/frost(and I mean slight, so do not fear) and sheerness keep a safe distance from the dreaded corpse lips. I have pretty pigmented lips and this succeeds in neutralizing them without looking like concealer. The scent isn't my fav, and it's rather strong, but I can deal because the color and texture are so dreamy, and need I mention it's under 6 bucks? Overall, I love this lipstick and I bet you will too.

on 6/5/2005 1:36:00 AM

This lipstick is HG material. I have only used NARS Dolce Vita l.s for a while now but she has a HG sister now! It goes on sheer, light, smooth, moisturizing & great price 4.99. Universally flattering IMHO. Smells divine too kind of like a Starburst. The texture, smell and application make this an AAA product definately proving as good if not better than lots of high end and department store lipsticks! Homerun Rimmel!

on 5/22/2005 2:42:00 AM

Very sexy in my opinion. A warm beige with a slight orangey tinge. Would suit both fair and medium skin types. The consistency is really creamy and comfortable. Great lipstick for such a cheap price!

I love this lipstick; it's a perfect pink-nude color on my lips. Very moisturizing, smooth, balm-y texture, lasting quality is relatively decent, and these are often on sale (got mine for 4 bucks!). This is a great lipcolor for the nude lip/smoky or darker eye look combo. It's also good for those super au-natural days...kinda like wearing balm but a bit better. I also like the smell; it's very familiar, but I still can't place my finger on what it reminds me of...but it does conjure up memories from childhood...kinda smells like the candy section in Asian food stores but not sure why...anyway, I love the packaging too, as it clicks closed (no loose lipstick tops in your mu bag!!) Overall, a great lipstick! Definite repurchase!