MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 2/6/2007 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE. THIS. I have never used a terracotta colored blush before - I have always gravitated to pinks and peaches, just because they're so cute and fun. But when I stopped by my local CVS to pick up a Luminous, I thought hey, what the hell, and picked up Sunset Beach as well. 50% off, how could I go wrong? Well, I'm VERY glad that I bought this - it's the first blush that I've ever owned that I could describe as "glamorous" - not "cute" or "sweet." A very light dusting on my cheeks and I look like I've just come back from a week in the Caribbean or something. I'm naturally a medium tan all year round (except for summer, when I obviously get darker - it's California) and it shows up well on my NC35 skin. It definitely gives me the healthy, bronzed, sunkissed look that all the actresses have. And the best part - there's NO SHIMMER! WOO! At 24, I have grown out of my fondness for shimmery blushes, so this is absolutely perfect for me. Stays on all day, great texture, totally natural looking. I can't compare this with any other similarly colored blushes, because as I said, I've never bought or tried a blush even close to this color family before. But I really can't imagine finding anything better. And the PRICE! I mean, come on. It's like they're giving it away! I'm going to run out and stock up before they're all gone!

on 3/14/2007 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of two drugstore blushes I own and I am very pleased! Dirt cheap, but it is definitely a smooth finish blush with great pigment. I think this would look beautiful on anyone with a warm skintone, I have dark skin (NW45) and can apply this with my regular MAC blush brush without running the risk of over applying.

on 8/25/2007 1:31:00 AM

Huge Milani fan! How could they discontinue these gems?? SUNSET BEACH imo, is the BEST blush from Milani! Faaaar better than “luminous” or “mango tango”. If you happen to come across this blush whether it be in store or on a swap list- GET IT!!! I agree whole heartedly with everything anniele has said about this blush. I would like to add that this works great as a bronzer, depending on your skin tone. On my NC40-42 complexion, this adds that hint of healthy, glowyness like you can only get from a Caribbean vacation. This in no way looks dirty, fake or sparkly. You only need to use sparingly. Sunset beach really, truly is reminiscent of spending a day at the beach. If I could, I would use this daily, but I’m afraid I’ll run out!

on 1/17/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Okay, so I bought a bunch of blushes that were recommended here on this site. I tested this one along with Nars Torrid and Gilda. I must say that although NARS is a higher end blush, I would take Milani's any day. For one, it gives me the most natural flush on my tan/dark skin and also leaves a beautiful glow. Then there is the caking factor, and this blush performed very well as it did not cake or settle into my large pores. Now, last but not least, it's the price. I mean, seriously, how often can you find an amazing blush with great quality for less than $20?
Unfortunately these have been discontinued by Milani for less than stellar blush duos that lack in the color variety and great texture department.

on 1/28/2008 6:21:00 PM

Sunset Beach doesn't look all that spectacular in the pan; it's a matte terra cotta color. At first I thought it'd turn orange on me, but Sunset Beach gives me the most delightful bronzey glow, especially during the cold winter months. The blush is very pigmented, so I only use a little bit and I can see a pan lasting a VERY long time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

oh my.....i've loved makeup since my mom gave me my first tube of red Max Factor lipstick at the age of 11. For YEARS, i've not bothered with blush bc i figured being AA i didnt need it........over the last 2 years, i've dabbled with them and have looked high and low for the 'perfect" blush.

then i got engaged....and i got serious about finding one. i heard about NARS Taj Mahal but my budget does not allow for $25 blushes......when i heard sunset beach was a dupe, i was all over it...and then found out mere hours later that it had been discontinued! Whaaat?!?!?!

i ended up turning to the internet for this one, and was very pleased to find a source. i only ordered one and when i received it i was not impressed with how it looked. kinda flat and uninteresting....but after wearing it once, i'm going to order another.

this is perfect. it looks like the glow is from within, its not sparkly on me and looked great even though i applied it with my fingers at work. most importantly, when i tried on my dress that afternoon in a lingerie boutique, i truly looked "Bridal".

WOC, if you're seeking the perfect glow and natural flush, and especially if you're getting married, i strongly recommend that you find this wherever u can.

**********************************************************
After completing my 2nd order, i didn't want to be stingy, lol...check out this ebay seller. Total is a little over $6. http://cgi.ebay.com/MILANI-POWDER-BLUSH-07-SUNSET-BEACH_W0QQitemZ170174741057QQihZ007QQcategoryZ11864QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

on 10/20/2008 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a fabulous color, great product, and it lasts. Highly pigmented, so careful blending is recomended. Will repurchase, esp when you can find a blush this good for less than 10 dollars. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Kinda flimsy and cheap, useless brush. But whatever. I still love this blush

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

My HG blush! Has a pink/orange shade to it and looks awesome on my dark skin. Has good staying power as well. Cant ask for any more.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I actually prefer this over my MAC blushes!! The non-orangey bronzer mixed with the muted mauve blush makes this really a multitasking shade that gives you the perfect amount of color and contour to your face. For me this color is very much like MAC's blushbaby blush, only not as sheer and lasts longer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a really awesome coupon for CVS ($10 off a $20 purchase!) so I went and picked this, plus a few other Milani items up. I swear, Milani never ceases to impress me. Their prices are super low for the quality of product you get. The only time I was ever disappointed in them was when I bought their nailpolish. D'oh.

Anyway, this blush did not disappoint! I was looking for something different than what I normally use -- and I normally go for pinkish blushes so I decided to pick out this one, the orangest of the bunch. It's a lovely orange-ish peach color that's great for the summer months. I feel like when I wear it I have an awesome, subtle summer glow (when blended in correctly! This stuff is super pigmented!) Don't bother using the brush that is included, it's awful. I use a brush that applies blush very lightly and build it up if I need to, then buff it out if it's too dark.

Definitely worth a try at the cost, and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised :)

Popular Blush Products