Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle
HE lipsticks (my stash as of August 5th 2011)

4.5

on 7/19/2011 11:11:00 AM

I love this lipstick! It's probably the best daytime red if you don't want to wear a "full-on" red lipstick. The texture is gorgeous, moisturizing, non-sticky and not too glossy. Just perfect. I was cautious about the new Rouge Coco "shine" line because I'm not a fan of glossy lipsticks, but Chanel really outdid themselves with this one.
The red is something inbetween a true red and a cherry red/ slightly cool-based I'd say, but not too noticeable. Both my mum and I wear it, and she's way more warm-toned than me (think dark hair, olive skin) and it looks amazing on both of us.
The packaging is the usual Chanel quality: sturdy, elegant in black and gold (the tub is a little slimmer than the regular Rouge Coco lipsticks). The top clicks on safely.
Yes, it's no cheap lipstick. But to me it's worth every cent I paid for it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this lippie! The color is sheer but buildable and very flattering. I almost never wear red lipstick because it makes me feel conspicuous...but not this red. It is almost like a stain, which makes it modern and fresh. The red leans warm and has a coral (in the best possible way) undertone. Gorgeous for day or night. Exclusive to chanel.com I think.

Amazing pigmentation given its part of the Rouge Coco Shine range, which tends to be rather translucent. The texture is balmy and feels like a stick balm, but the color tends to fade after 2-3 hours. An easy hot red to wear if you're not used to fuller, more opaque lipsticks.

on 6/15/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Maybe it's the name "Rebelle", maybe it's the fact that it's Chanel, but this is possibly the chicest red lipstick I've ever seen - it's understated Parisian glam in a tube. Wear it with neutral eye shadow and a little black liner along with a cute striped shirt, and you'll instantly feel as though you should be strolling along the Seine. It's a vibrant cherry red that's suitable for even the fairest of skin tones, and would be equally flattering on darker skin as well. While the Rouge Coco Shine formula doesn't wear as well as that of the Rouge Allures for me, the shine and balm-like texture are worth it.

on 6/2/2011 4:05:00 PM

Perfect peppy summer color for olive skin--a corally, summery red. Great for day or night with another coat. Very hydrating. Just lovely.

on 4/27/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A true ruby color! This is close to Monte Carlo but rubier! It shows up very sheer on my lips but with a lot of color payoff. It goes on smoothly and moisturizes like a lip balm. The color is perfect for a summer outing or even a formal dinner. Great color and don't let the red scare you. I promise it'll show up chic once you put it on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this!!! So smooth, great color. Instant mood lifter! I didn't think this would work for my nw20 skin but i was pleasantly surprised.

on 4/2/2011 2:26:00 AM

"Rebelle" is the Rouge Coco Shine version of "Enthusiast" in the Rouge Allure formula - a very flattering bright coral-red on both warm and cool toned skin.

I almost bought Rebelle but decided that for such an opaque colour, I prefered a longer-lasting formula, which is when the MUA showed me Enthusiast (love!). I recommend both, as they're both very lovely, but if you want more wear, less shine, go for the Rouge Allure.

The local Chanel counter recently got a makeover -- great lighting, tons of mirrors, inviting counters and seats -- and so I went in to take a look. I had never purchased Chanel cosmetics before, but they had always had a certain draw, an allure. This new line of lipsticks looked interesting. I tried on Rebelle and it was love at first swipe.

The formula is sheer but still pigmented, in a don't-need-a-mirror sort of way. My lips certainly feel moist, but the lipstick isn't very hydrating, and I need balm after wearing it for a few hours.

And the colour! Red with a touch of coral, just orange enough for my NC20 skin, dark hair and green eyes. It's lovely with nothing else on, and works well with simple eye makeup.

The formula, colour and packaging are all top-notch, exactly what I expected Chanel to be.