MAC Cosmetics Blush Ombre - Ripe Peach [DISCONTINUED]

ripe peachMAC Ripe Peach Blush OmbrePeach Nuance vs Ripe Peach

4.2

sex

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so silly that I got this one week before the actual release as I bought it at my Pro Store (they sometimes get launches one week early), and waited over a week and a half to actually try it. Everyone initially (including Temptalia) was going on and on about Azalea Blossom (the pinky-purple shade) and as my looks that week weren't very springy or summary (um hello it's still Winter!), I had only tried that one (AB) and while I liked it and was happy I got it, I didn't feel the need to buy a backup of that one,due to all of the many other blushes I own. Initially when I saw the collection it was Ripe Peach that drew me in, yet ironically I waited so long to try it on. When I finallly tried it, it was love! I love how you can control how much of which shade you want. It literally glows and it just might be my favorite blush (or at least in the top three!). Still, I didn't rush to buy a backup right away as I figured it had just been out a week since the "official" release. I checked the reviews here on MA and saw the very high rating and how it was sold out online and how even people with Pro Cards paid full price for it~yikes! I needed at least one more and started calling around. I live in Toronto and called all of the MAC stores. Yorkdale sold out the second day they released it, the Pro Store said they had ordered more but really couldn't tell if any more are being made...all the other stores were sold out and I too was going be ready to get one without using my Pro Card at a counter. I lucked out that I found THE LAST ONE LEFT at one location and reserved it to pick it up. I sincerely hope that MAC does manufacture more since the collection is such a big one and was the main, huge release for "all of spring".... they really need to do this! I wouldn't be surprised if they do...so keep checking the MAC website (and keep your fingers crossed!) to see if it comes back in stock there and then you'll know if they have made more ;) Good luck. It's such a great shade. May just buy one more if I can track it down again as well.

I seem to be 1 of the only ones who didn't care for Ripe Peach at all. It turned a very orangey/red on & I tried all kinds of brushes & ways to make it work. I much prefer Springsheen or Nars Deep Throat. I thought I would love it because even Optimistic Orange creme blush worked for me, love that one. But this one unfortunately looked terrible on me. It's gorgeous in the compact though, but that was it. Azalea Blossom however is awesome imo. I don't understand the hype on Ripe Peach at all, but that is only because it didn't work for me.:(
*Edit to add: FYI I no longer have this blush & haven't for a long time. It's now July 2012 & I can't believe I'm still getting e-mails to see if I still have it & can swap it or give it. So again I know longer have it.

on 2/18/2010 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Ripe Peach is a gorgeous color that makes my skin GLOW!! The colors are gradient of dark peach, light peach to golden yellow suprisingly very pretty on my NC50 skin love it! I can understand the craze on this.

on 2/18/2010 8:40:00 PM

The first time I tried this, I thought it would be too light on me (NC35) and this blush goes on PERFECTLY. it matches my skin tone very well and blends in so naturally. It really looks like I've just been sunkissed. I love it and that's rare because it's really hard for me to find a peachy blush color without looking like I have dirt on my face. If my MAC counter still has one, I might even consider buying a backup.

on 2/18/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Ok, yes I'm on the bandwagon of getting this LE item but it was only after I saw the reviews & the MUA board post that I decided to get it. I have never been one to wait for the LEs to come out & run to the store (personally I never really paid attention to the LEs, if I saw something & I liked it I would get it but it was never a big deal for me). But today, I am guilty of that! I tried it as soon as I got in the house & at 1st I wasn't sure but I started adding a little more, it very pretty! I can't stop looking at it in the mirror. I got this from a MAC counter in Macys & after I purchased mine the SA said there were only 2 left!! This is my first blush ombre & for ref I'm NC42/NC44.
I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore makeup for awhile but haha, I guess I failed that, lol!

I admit to falling for the hype of Ripe Peach, damn you MUA! After hearing all the buzz I was thinking maybe I do need this. I had swatched it and even tried it on at my counter the day it was released, but I'm trying to cut back on my spending so I convinced myself that I do not need another blush. My face was flushed due to the chaos in the mac store and wearing a winter coat on the launch day when I tried it on originally so I did not feel compelled to buy it. Of course it sold out at Mac at the 4 stores in my region, due to this LE craze. I was at Nordstrom today and they happened to have one left, from a hold that was never picked up. I have a pro card and paid full price for the blush, paid the price of a Nars blush, but it was worth it. It's a beautiful bright apricot that looks lovely with a light hand on my NC25 skin and it does come in a large pan. If you can track one down, buy it, but don't pay like $45 on ebay, at that price go to Chanel and buy a JC blush which will never compare to anything Mac.

on 2/18/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

this blush equals love!!! i have 3 in total. after seeing how fast they sold out online and in stores, free standing and departments, i went on a hunt for back ups. i called everywhere in the 5 boroughs of ny and got lucky with 3 last ones in bloomingdales which i immediately had a friend of mine that works in that area pick up the last 3...woohoo! the only other powder blush i've loved like this was Macs Devil, which is a pro color. if you guys dont have this blush i say go grab one up right away!

on 2/18/2010 10:06:00 AM

After years on MUA this is my first review! I must have 15 blushes, NARS, MAC, LORAC misc.......... This blush is absolutely beautiful........... the very first blush that I have put on and was completely "wowed" by. RP is the very best of Orgasm, Deep Throat, Peachykeen with some raspberry mixed in. Not too sheer and just the right amount of pigment. At 51 yrs old I feel I need to find a balance between too shimmery, and too matte. THIS IS IT!! It gives my face a beautiful soft glow, thus disguising some of the wrinkles!! ha Of course.............limited edition...........grrrrrrrrrrr..... but if you can get your hands on this blush, grab it!!!

on 2/18/2010 1:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Very pretty color... perfect for spring n summer! I'm a nc 40 and this is the peach blush I've been looking for =)

on 2/18/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought this blush when the Spring Collection 2 (Coral) became available in stores and I LOVE it! The blush comes in two shades in one pan: a true peach shade and a darker coral shade for contouring. It looks absolutely gorgeous on my nc37-40 skin tone with strong yellow undertones. It's very pigmented so a little goes a long way. It also glides on easily and blends in beautifully. It gives my skin that healthy looking glow without looking fakey or overdone. I don't really use the coral part for contouring. Instead I use it as a blush also (with a very light hand) when I want a deeper color. Goes extremely well with my MAC Freckletone lipstick and purple smokey eyes. It looks equally stunning on my friends whose skin tones range from very light to very dark. I should've gotten a back-up because unfortunately it's all sold out at all my local MAC stores AND on the website.